Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 27-07-2021, 07:47 PM   #1
jayvee
Starter Motor

Default All the ABC'S about focus service history

As focus owners you know bout the a,b,c, services,me ret diesel fitter,on road 12 years ,fourby caravan , sold then found a 2011 lw focus sedan 2ltd 6sp man/auto 105300km pictures only,i bought it, delivered to Bundaberg,
first thing check service book,3000 piece of mind dealer 7500 c service not done 15000 a service dealer, 22500 c service not done 30000 a service dealer,37500 c service not done,45000 a service private done? 52000 c service not done, THE CRUNCH,, 60000 b service not done, 67000 c service not done , 75000 a service dealer, 82000 c service not done , 90000 a service private, 97500 c service private, 105000 a service private,
now you would assume that the important B service missed would be a disaster,it was!!

i removed the fuel filter,never changed, the trans oil looked like black raw oil,never changed,the filter yuck, now the engine,wait for it,,oil looked like someone put ink into gear oil,the oil filter after i found it, and bought a 17mm crows foot spanner to remove it from ENGLAND!! it looked like it had its filtration medium reduced by sludge, well i did the right thing ,serviced it by the book and it runs ok, tip, if you go to private for service ask them if they have a 17 mm crows foot oil ,filter removal tool if not thank them.hopr this helps, john
jayvee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post