Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 22-07-2010, 02:08 AM   #1
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 
Default "Guests"

Sorry if this has been asked before?
But after wondering why we have so many guests viewing late at night i finally found out how to search for them ,can anyone tell me what "Msn spider /Ask Jeeves spider /Slurp spider does for this forum ??

Delete thread and PM me if applicable..... i'm just curious as to who'm my information is being shared with ?!

Yours sincerely Darren .

Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2010, 07:29 AM   #2
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How do you search for them?
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2010, 10:05 AM   #3
hiper
[HIPER-8]

AFAIK they are webcrawlers for search engines.

they should only be able to see what you can see when not signed in to your account.
1994 EF Fairmont Cardinal Red
hiper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2010, 10:27 AM   #4
GT
Mrs Russellw
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: All your effort in keeping me sane and on-track. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For her honest, direct and helpful advice to members. The content of her posts help many members on the forum and most times, turn a very negative thread into a postive one. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiper
AFAIK they are webcrawlers for search engines.

they should only be able to see what you can see when not signed in to your account.
Correct!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS290
Fact is Gaela's GTP IS the quickest NA Boss 290 Sedan now (by a long shot)
The precedent of stripping weight and using full slicks was set years ago now.

So if you want to beat em, ya gotta join em, and being manual makes the time even more credible.
GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2010, 04:26 PM   #5
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Cool , thanks for that folks.... how busy is Russell eh?

I can understand what hard work a place like this can be now... cheers Daz...x...

Last edited by russellw; 31-07-2010 at 05:52 PM.
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2010, 08:57 PM   #6
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
How do you search for them?
Go to the main page, click "currently active users", for ease of viewing change the display to 200 per page and select "search bots" from the drop down.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2010, 11:44 AM   #7
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAZZLER351
Sorry if this has been asked before?
But after wondering why we have so many guests viewing late at night i finally found out how to search for them ,can anyone tell me what "Msn spider /Ask Jeeves spider /Slurp spider does for this forum ??

That gives me the creeps, can they call them explorers or something else that doesnt bite? The thought of things crawling around just puts pictures in my head...

tweeked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post