Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-03-2021, 11:30 AM   #1
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default New vehicle build date delay question.

Just wondering what happens if you have a vehicle on order with a contract stating a vehicle of MY2021.25 build and if production delays continue and it becomes a MY2021.50 build? Already had some spec changes on Escapes between MY2020.75 and MY2021.25 like no heated steering wheel, no rear heated seats, no paddle shifters and who knows what might happen to MY2021.50 builds.

Actually how do you change gears manually with a rotary gear selector and no paddles shifters?
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2021, 11:33 AM   #2
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 
Default Re: New vehicle build date delay question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
Just wondering what happens if you have a vehicle on order with a contract stating a vehicle of MY2021.25 build and if production delays continue and it becomes a MY2021.50 build? Already had some spec changes on Escapes between MY2020.75 and MY2021.25 like no heated steering wheel, no rear heated seats, no paddle shifters and who knows what might happen to MY2021.50 builds.

Actually how do you change gears manually with a rotary gear selector and no paddles shifters?

You can't change gears.

As for model change I guess you could always pull out.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2021, 11:46 AM   #3
Bossxr8
Peter Car

I guess if the contract says that specifically, you could cancel the order as it wasn't as specified?
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 12-03-2021, 11:59 AM   #4
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ironically if not for the preferred colour, there were a couple of Vignale 2020.75 models available back in December with all specs but who was to know some features were dropped with the switch to a rhd indicator stalk.

Just checked contract and it specifically states:
"Model
ESCAPE 2021.25 SUV VIGNALE 2.0LP 8A AWD"
Old 12-03-2021, 04:36 PM   #5
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

I hope you got the 20 inch wheels!
This user likes this post:
Old 12-03-2021, 04:54 PM   #6
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
I hope you got the 20 inch wheels!
Yes...an AWD in Lucid Red with 20" wheels...I don't think there were any more options...and a couple of features removed :(

I'm more annoyed about the delay than my wife as I get the Terry she drives and I trade in a Renault Trafic.....and I'm going to fit a seat heater to it before winter hits.....and then wait to see what the new Ranger is like....or the new Transit Custom....or the new Jeep GC.

Last edited by Dr Smith; 12-03-2021 at 05:00 PM.
Old 12-03-2021, 05:37 PM   #7
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
Yes...an AWD in Lucid Red with 20" wheels...I don't think there were any more options...and a couple of features removed :(

I'm more annoyed about the delay than my wife as I get the Terry she drives and I trade in a Renault Trafic.....and I'm going to fit a seat heater to it before winter hits.....and then wait to see what the new Ranger is like....or the new Transit Custom....or the new Jeep GC.
My ranger is due but i am waiting for the new model now. I may even just keep this one as its such a good car.
Old 12-03-2021, 05:42 PM   #8
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
My ranger is due but i am waiting for the new model now. I may even just keep this one as its such a good car.
I can understand that, maybe you and I are alike, a new model really has to offer more before it's a case of automatically upgrade.