Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 30-11-2017, 01:48 PM   #31
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: Wanted: Property Advice Pls

Well, looks like there is a little bit of hope on the horizon. Not that we are getting our hopes up, because things can change, but it seems as though our neighbours are moving out

Mind you, it would have to be the slowest move I've ever seen, with only two trailer (6x4) loads of gear being moved per day, and the house still has furniture in it.

Apparently they got sick of the complaints about noise (starting up a Harley with a straight through pipe at close to midnight simply to give it a few good revs (coz you got caught riding it unregistered and without a licence) on multiple occasions might do that )

So, they've apparently bought a bit of land with a bit of space elsewhere. I feel sorry for anyone who ends up having these guys anywhere near them.

Now the missus is worried about the type of tenant the real estate agent is going to put in the house. Surely they can't be any worse, can they?

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 30-11-2017, 02:50 PM   #32
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If they are any worse then it's only a matter of finding out who their enemies are, and offer them the carrot to "deal" with the problem.

Probably end up costing the agent a lot of time, and the landlord a wad of cash to repair the place, or entice them to sell it cheap....

With the hassles you had with the last lot, and the apathetic response, I really hope the new lot aren't a repeat of the same, but the odds aren't looking good.

I've been put in the LL situation by tenants who annoyed neighbours, and they contacted me to whinge. This was prior to the "no grounds" eviction laws, so I had to wait until they either breached the rental agreement (which they knew intimately), caused 'serious' damage to the property (broken windows were laughed at), or performed illegal activity - which was going on, but not to the level the cops were worried about.

Eventually they missed enough rent payments that the arrears were more than the bond, and that was the green light. But with the intervention of the tribunal, it took a further 8 weeks to get them out, as they kept giving them chances to pay the rent ($20 a week is considered "making an effort to repay arrears).

Even if the LL is a mongrel, it can still be difficult to evict a problem tenant. In NSW we now have "no grounds" laws, which allow 90 days notice during an agreement, or 30 days notice at the end of an agreement.

If you're buying a house that's tenanted, it can be used as well, but considering most settlements are 42 days, that 90 day figure is a real problem for buyers/sellers in this situation, and many sellers don't want a 90 day settlement.
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2017, 09:11 PM   #33
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobimbo View Post
Well, looks like there is a little bit of hope on the horizon. Not that we are getting our hopes up, because things can change, but it seems as though our neighbours are moving out

Mind you, it would have to be the slowest move I've ever seen, with only two trailer (6x4) loads of gear being moved per day, and the house still has furniture in it.

Apparently they got sick of the complaints about noise (starting up a Harley with a straight through pipe at close to midnight simply to give it a few good revs (coz you got caught riding it unregistered and without a licence) on multiple occasions might do that )

So, they've apparently bought a bit of land with a bit of space elsewhere. I feel sorry for anyone who ends up having these guys anywhere near them.

Now the missus is worried about the type of tenant the real estate agent is going to put in the house. Surely they can't be any worse, can they?
I bet there will be a quiet clinking of glasses going on at your place tonight.

Chuffed for you mate, judging by your post a little bit of weight is already relieved from your shoulders.

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Mercury Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post