Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-10-2017, 03:44 PM   #31
olfella
Cranky old bastard

Default Re: Why the Guvment should not be trusted to run a Chook Raffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremerus View Post
I know guvment can't run a chook raffle.
But look what has happened to the electricity industry when they sold it off to private enterprise ?
Not a good time to mention the NBN then
Old 18-10-2017, 06:22 PM   #32
Hardtopxb
Once PHASED.

Townsville is the car theft capitol of Australia (Per capita) Not to mention all the other crimes that are a daily occurrence up here. Now the State government announced that it was going to fix the problem once and for all (Joke). They imported Cops from Brisbane and elsewhere and had a massive blitz. Caught literally hundreds of offenders ( Mainly kids and teenagers). After the courts let them all go with a slap on the wrist, or a short stint in the Jail they call the Resort, it all started again(after all the cops had returned home). Not blaming the police up here who do a great job, but the courts that don't seem to give appropriate sentences etc. The State government spent many thousands of $ in a futile attempt to stem the problem. Every person in Townsville knew this waste of Police manpower would only last as long as the task force was in Townsville. Another Government that wouldn't have a clue.
Old 19-10-2017, 03:43 PM   #33
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump View Post
The reason govco is so incompetent when it comes to public infrastructure these days is because they got rid of their public works departments. Decades of experience, skill, knowledge and dare I say it, wisdom was lost when they were all shut down. The various works departments were civic minded, forward thinking and were very good at over delivering.
NSW still have their Public Works Dept.
This is where I did my apprenticeship, I reckon I learnt from the best Master Masons from around the world employed there.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2017, 03:45 PM   #34
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by olfella View Post
Not a good time to mention the NBN then
Or ARTC.
Couldn't build a Lego house.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: