Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 30-06-2005, 06:20 PM   #1
legend223

Default Installing Cd-players

Hey guys im going too be installing a cd-player and i have been to ford and ask them to pop out the radio so i can install it but i need to know what to do after it. Do i pull it out until all the wires are showing or do i have to take of the glovebox to get at the wires please give me some steps on how to do this with a AU

legend223 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2005, 07:42 PM   #2
EL_futuraistic

Hey. You should be able to just use the factory loom. You can buy like a patch plug from most car audio retailers which will just plug in to the factory loom and ur head unit, converting the wiring to ur particular model. They sell them for most of the popular brand head units, not sure of price but its better than cutting the loom. In answer to ur question re removing glovebox, if ur head unit is removed.... you should have a wiring loom there, just give it a tug, it will only be held back with some tape or possibly cable tie.

hope this helps
EL_futuraistic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2005, 08:55 PM   #3
legend223

If my dad knows how to install cables and so on it would be easy for him to wire up as i knows a load about wiring
legend223 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post