Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Closed Thread

Old 13-02-2005, 02:00 PM   #1
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Default Drag Racing Events and Rules - FF.COM.AU

Quote:
6 and 8 Cyl cars
Rules and criteria.

Factory Stock.
Cars are to be run as purchased.
No mods with standard tyres.
Tyres can be replaced with same tyre equivalent.

Performance Street.
All bolt ons allowed.
Must stay N/A.
Must run 98 octane fuel.
Un opened engines.
Standard manifold, Oversize throttle bodies allowed.
Tyres, can run changes to equavalent ratings, NO adr or Drags (RWC Standards)
All body parts must stay intact.
No removal of exhaust components.
Aftermarket Exhaust allowed.
Must run Cats.
No body mods allowed or chassis changes.
No Diff Changes

Pro Street.
Same rules as Performance Street but any tires and rim configuration allowed. Slicks or DOT tyres. No limit. Must retain standard wheel arches.
No Cubic Engine changes in this section
Cam Changes allowed
Diff Changes allowed

Outlaw Street.
All mechanical restrictions removed.
No body mods allowed or chassis hanges.
All forms of power adders allowed. (Turbo’s S/C NO2).

Turbo 6

Factory Stock
Cars are to be run as purchased.
No mods with standard tyres.
Tyres can be replaced with same tyre equivalent.

Performance Street.
All bolt ons allowed.
Must run 98 octane fuel.
Unopened engines.
Standard manifold, Oversize throttle bodies allowed.
Tyres, can run changes to equavalent ratings, NO adr or Drags (RWC Standards)
All body parts must stay intact.
No removal of exhaust components.
Aftermarket Exhaust allowed. Must run Cats.
No Diff Changes

Pro Street.
Same rules as Performance Street but any tires and rim configuration allowed.
Slicks or DOT tyres. No limit.
Must retain standard wheel arches.
Cam Changes allowed
Diff Changes Allowed

Outlaw Street.
All mechanical restrictions removed.
No body mods allowed or chassis hanges.
All forms of power adders allowed. (Turbo’s S/C NO2).

Other catergories
Drag Setup Cars

X Series ?

All states must have a member of the FF.au team that is acknowledged as being qualified to scrutineer cars to be allegeable. Once car has been qualified and placed in class all times recorded and shown with time slip will be recognised.

There will be an end of the year special Drag Day In Melbourne, and run with other states if required, still to be determined.

AT the end of each year thee will be National award and competition day.
Hi All

Just to qualify times and standards, the above guidlines have been developed to run a uniform system for each state.

Each states event section will have an Events section for posting of times over the next couple of days.

Have a read people and coment please, tah

Last edited by Laminge; 13-02-2005 at 07:27 PM.
Old 13-02-2005, 02:10 PM   #2
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Interesting. Just one question though. Does "Un opened engines" mean no changes to cams?
Technically a cam change is opening the engine and replacing a part but its so common now that its hard to say if it is really a major change even though it does have a major effect.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Old 13-02-2005, 02:36 PM   #3
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Changes made

Please remeber this is an honesty system as well, we are all here to have fun
Old 13-02-2005, 02:46 PM   #4
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

looks good minge

Silhouette FG F6 Xtreme Ford Tuning spec, Power so far 1100+RWHP

FG XR8 Ute 3 speed auto and converter and 9 inch XFT built 5.4 SCJ engine 4.0 litre Whipple 9.40 @ 148 mph Fastest Modular blown Falcon in Aus 4180pounds.

FG GS Miami/Coyote Ute Auto. XFT Xtreme 5.0 Coyote package 10.84 stock blower.

XFT F6E Stage III XFT Engine, stage III XFT ZF along with our new XFT Set up precision, quickest FG ZF with a 9.25@150 MPH

Last edited by Xtreme F6; 13-02-2005 at 02:55 PM.
Old 13-02-2005, 04:19 PM   #5
Work Horse
Budget Racer

There has to be lines drawn in the sand somewhere. And I appreciate the time and effort you have put into this Laminge. But someone will always whinge.
So let me start :hihi:
It strikes me that the rules have been drafted with late model Fords in mind.
If there is an "unopened" Cleveland getting around the streets it's got plenty of km's on it.
"Must run cats" I would add where fitted.
The "standard manifold" on a Windsor or Cleveland is a much larger handicap than on an XR8
Perhaps we could have some sort of age based modification allowance?
I will think on this more and try and come up with some idea instead of just whining :

Last edited by Work Horse; 13-02-2005 at 04:24 PM.
Old 13-02-2005, 04:30 PM   #6
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Good points work horse

but your not having a whinge, your points are valid, will have a think about it and see what cane be done.

Sorry, was only catering for the plastics, didnt even occur to think about the real machines!
Old 13-02-2005, 04:45 PM   #7
strife

I think you should look at pro street and outlaw street in a little more detail so far there is no class that allows an all out setup

pro street with a diff and cam change seems a little lightweight

usually pro street and outlaw would allow chassis mods

Ill pm you some more stuff

Last edited by strife; 13-02-2005 at 04:47 PM.
Old 13-02-2005, 05:57 PM   #8
Fordy
EMC-Benzenes Detailing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse
There has to be lines drawn in the sand somewhere. And I appreciate the time and effort you have put into this Laminge. But someone will always whinge.
So let me start :hihi:
It strikes me that the rules have been drafted with late model Fords in mind.
If there is an "unopened" Cleveland getting around the streets it's got plenty of km's on it.
"Must run cats" I would add where fitted.
The "standard manifold" on a Windsor or Cleveland is a much larger handicap than on an XR8
Perhaps we could have some sort of age based modification allowance?
I will think on this more and try and come up with some idea instead of just whining :
Yeah good points, i think the earlier model cars, that have been modified should come under pro street, but it should allow cubic engine change and engine to be opened up, but keep everything else, this will still cater for later model cars that have gone that extra bit further aswell.

my 1.5 cents.
Old 13-02-2005, 06:56 PM   #9
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
Changes made

Please remeber this is an honesty system as well, we are all here to have fun
i Agree Fun is the major factor here, if there is no fun its not worth doing..
----------------------------------------------------------------------
What year did cats become compulsory by law for car manufactors to fit to cars..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Old 13-02-2005, 07:04 PM   #10
X ORSMXR
missing the panther

Laminge these rules look and sound fantastic
l think this will sort out alot of arguements.
But as you said this has to be a honesty rule ,but still very good as most of us know
if a car is in a bracket it's not suppose to be in.

Orsmxr has just awarded laminge with a bid GOLDEN STAR lol........
Old 13-02-2005, 07:11 PM   #11
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh crap Im in outlaw street and I only run high 13's lol. :

Good work on getting the categories sorted though. At least now we know even if only our forum uses these we get more of an idea of how everyone goes.
Old 13-02-2005, 07:17 PM   #12
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by strife
I think you should look at pro street and outlaw street in a little more detail so far there is no class that allows an all out setup

pro street with a diff and cam change seems a little lightweight

usually pro street and outlaw would allow chassis mods

Ill pm you some more stuff
if you allow chassis changes ect your taking the realism out of it.. whos going to 3 quarter chassis a new gt....i dont think this was really meant to be a drag car affair, its for guys with street cars who want some fun and something to strive for... Makes everyone look at a basic class and go .. yep thats for me.. lets race.

As for the older cars maybe start something up for the older ones. I mean its not like your being persicuted cos u drive an older car, its just that 9 times out of 10 the only guys hitten th etracks at the street meets are the later models.

FG XR8 Ute 3 speed auto and converter and 9 inch XFT built 5.4 SCJ engine 4.0 litre Whipple 9.40 @ 148 mph Fastest Modular blown Falcon in Aus 4180pounds.

XFT F6E Stage III XFT Engine, stage III XFT ZF along with our new XFT Set up precision, quickest FG ZF with a 9.25@150 MPH
Old 13-02-2005, 07:26 PM   #13
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Ive added 2 catorgories at the end, which will need to be discussed further.

1) Drag Racing Cars - obviously cars setup for the strip only, Whatever class whatever the engine type

2)x series, guys help me out here as in to organise a fair class, and remeber that its for the average joes out there
Old 13-02-2005, 07:29 PM   #14
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

I carnt take all the credit for this, Simon GT 330 has helped out heaps

I would also like a list of names for each state to manage the respective drag racing forums please.

Simon has the WA scene under control, just need the other states covered.

Last edited by Laminge; 13-02-2005 at 07:54 PM.
Old 13-02-2005, 08:00 PM   #15
Fordy
EMC-Benzenes Detailing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
Ive added 2 catorgories at the end, which will need to be discussed further.

1) Drag Racing Cars - obviously cars setup for the strip only, Whatever class whatever the engine type

2)x series, guys help me out here as in to organise a fair class, and remeber that its for the average joes out there
Gaz, theres no reason why the xseries cant fall into the category of pro street if allowed open engines and cubic inch change, may be just call it Pro Street X, anything before the EA or whatever year it was made???

Slicks or DOT tyres. No limit.
Must retain standard wheel arches.
Open engine allowed
Cam Changes allowed
Diff Changes Allowed
Old 13-02-2005, 08:02 PM   #16
geea
Turbo God

In my normal drag mode my car uses 98ron fuel plus an octane booster. This doesn't seem to be an option.
Are the Nitto drag radials classed as a normal tyre as they are the same specs as the factory items.
With regard to being open or unopened. My car has had billet rods fitted and been balanced and blue printed. These changes wont make the car quicker they will only stop it blowing up. Would these make the car opened?

I like the idea of the different classes it gives everyone more of a chance to compete against similar cars.

Geea.

RIP BOOF 28/02/03-20/08/04 12.24@115.38mph
.....HPF.....
Old 13-02-2005, 08:21 PM   #17
Fordy
EMC-Benzenes Detailing

Quote:
Originally Posted by geea
In my normal drag mode my car uses 98ron fuel plus an octane booster. This doesn't seem to be an option.
Are the Nitto drag radials classed as a normal tyre as they are the same specs as the factory items.
With regard to being open or unopened. My car has had billet rods fitted and been balanced and blue printed. These changes wont make the car quicker they will only stop it blowing up. Would these make the car opened?

Geea.
Yes that would make your car opened, for your engine to survive the power it is making it needs those items so even though they dont assist in the power gain they help retain the power it already has.
Old 13-02-2005, 08:43 PM   #18
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by geea

I like the idea of the different classes it gives everyone more of a chance to compete against similar cars.

Geea.

Hey Geea,
How are you mate.. Mate your car will fall into the catagory of outlaw street. But i think you will find that your car will be ontop of that section anyways. There isnt going to much between the classes in the way of time hence why its dont this way.. PS i love your car ... awesome

Old 13-02-2005, 09:07 PM   #19
strife

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-330
if you allow chassis changes ect your taking the realism out of it.. whos going to 3 quarter chassis a new gt....i dont think this was really meant to be a drag car affair, its for guys with street cars who want some fun and something to strive for... Makes everyone look at a basic class and go .. yep thats for me.. lets race.

As for the older cars maybe start something up for the older ones. I mean its not like your being persicuted cos u drive an older car, its just that 9 times out of 10 the only guys hitten th etracks at the street meets are the later models.

the holden guys seem to do it alot

regardless it would be a different higher class so it shouldnt affect anything, having 13 second outlaw class seems odd

maybe classes should be more aimed at brackets ie 12 13 etc

Last edited by strife; 13-02-2005 at 09:08 PM.
Old 13-02-2005, 09:13 PM   #20
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordy
Yes that would make your car opened, for your engine to survive the power it is making it needs those items so even though they dont assist in the power gain they help retain the power it already has.
well siad, Johnny if it's opened for what ever reason its outlaw class
unless you brake something and refit factory parts thats still unopened..

Old 13-02-2005, 09:16 PM   #21
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
the holden guys seem to do it alot

regardless it would be a different higher class so it shouldnt affect anything, having 13 second outlaw class seems odd

maybe classes should be more aimed at brackets ie 12 13 etc

hang on a minute. Think about what you type carefully. you dont make guildlines to suit cars.... you make cars to siut guidlines. We have set fourth some rules that will cater for all different types of mods. This isnt for Simon Travaglinis BA Door slammer, this is fo street cars that your misses jumps in and takes to the shops and that you wanna go for a run in at the track and try your car against someone esles with differnet mods, to different manuafacters.

These are just some ideas that we have come up with. It means you dont have to spend a million bucks to race ytour car to a class and get some recognition for your car.
ITS FOR FUN!.

Old 13-02-2005, 09:20 PM   #22
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRFPV8
well siad, Johnny if it's opened for what ever reason its outlaw class
unless you brake something and refit factory parts thats still unopened..

exactly.... its that simple

Old 13-02-2005, 09:53 PM   #23
strife

Quote:

These are just some ideas that we have come up with. It means you dont have to spend a million bucks to race ytour car to a class and get some recognition for your car.
ITS FOR FUN!.

Im not arguing that however where does someone sit in between who does go that little bit extra its not a big leap from motor to minitubs and some rear end work trust me there a few people on this forum that arent that far off it

Im not saying cut the other classes

its better to think of it at the start then half way through

Last edited by strife; 13-02-2005 at 09:56 PM.
Old 13-02-2005, 10:00 PM   #24
SpoolMan

Quote:

its better to think of it at the start then half way through
That’s why this thread has been put here.... so we can all discuss the whole Classes setup..... Nothing is in concrete yet…. all your thoughts will be given consideration as will anybody else's on this topic...

Old 13-02-2005, 10:26 PM   #25
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
its just that 9 times out of 10 the only guys hitten th etracks at the street meets are the later models.
Not sure what happens where you race but it's about 50/50 when I race.

But I agree maybe a separate class for older cars is the go. I can not think of a set of rules that would cater for all models. Not in a way that was comparable anyway.

Of course this is just for fun (have you seen what I drive!), But if we are going to the trouble of setting class rules we may as well get them right.

I will try and think up some rules for Xseries cars. ( Read rig it so a Van running a huge shot of n2o wins everything :hihi: )
Old 13-02-2005, 11:17 PM   #26
GT-P 738
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ha Ha performance street here i come????. : :

"Hate it or love,the underdogs on top"
Old 14-02-2005, 12:25 PM   #27
GT 8888
↑↑ USERNAME ↑↑

I assume Edits or "Piggybacks" fall into the Performance Street category...

Brad

"I wasn't speeding officer...I was qualifying"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347_XR8
If the Grim Reaper drove a car....it would have to be that car!
Old 14-02-2005, 12:53 PM   #28
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8888
I assume Edits or "Piggybacks" fall into the Performance Street category...

Brad
Yerp they do

Old 14-02-2005, 04:56 PM   #29
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Pro Street.
Same rules as Performance Street but any tires and rim configuration allowed. Slicks or DOT tyres. No limit. Must retain standard wheel arches.
Cam Changes allowed
Diff Changes allowed

Will Unichips & Edits etc only be allowed in the Pro Street Category. These would have a bigger effect on performance than diff ratio's surely ?

I think Perf Street should just be better air filters, air intakes, exhaust and other everyday minor mods. Leave Pro Street to chips, cams, headwork and whatever else was mentioned.

Has Fez and XB.

Old 14-02-2005, 05:08 PM   #30
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loxxr6
Pro Street.
Cam Changes allowed
Diff Changes allowed

Will Unichips & Edits etc only be allowed in the Pro Street Category. These would have a bigger effect on performance than diff ratio's surely ?

I think Perf Street should just be better air filters, air intakes, exhaust and other everyday minor mods. Leave Pro Street to chips, cams, headwork and whatever else was mentioned.
I disagree. The chips usually only adjust A/F and spark. This is no different to Pre EF and Pre AU cars adjusting the timing with the dizzy in part anyhow.
So by relegating a chipped car to the Pro Street then the same must be done to anyone how has adjusted the distributer for more power.......impossible to enforce of course.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Closed Thread