Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 21-06-2014, 12:01 AM   #1
foshoow

Default 2012 fiesta key memory

Hi guys. I have a 2012 fiesta I bought damaged. I fixed it and put new battery in it. Now when I put the key in in gives ignition but won't start or crank. Ford is telling me it's the chip inside the key fob but I don't understand how it can be the chip when it's the original key. Does that mean that every time I change the car battery I'll need to pay $150 to reprogram the key..

Any help appreciated

foshoow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2014, 11:42 PM   #2
80rs

Default Re: 2012 fiesta key memory

have you changed the battery in the fob
80rs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2014, 09:54 PM   #3
foshoow

Yes mate. It unlocks the car and all just won't crank
foshoow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2014, 11:20 PM   #4
Pursya

How long was the car without, or had a flat, battery?
I seriously doubt you would need reprogramming if you swapped a battery when one failed.
If you take your vehicle to a reputable battery place they normally plug into the cigarette lighter a device that keeps a current in the vehicle while it is without the battery.
This makes sure you don't lose any data, such as audio settings.
So I think you'll just have to pay for recoding and never let your battery get so low without taking action.
Pursya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2014, 12:19 AM   #5
11ford11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

check ALL your fuses - changing battery does not affect immobiliser if it was working in the first place - chips crap out occassionally - what sort of damage -may have damaged something needed to start ?
11ford11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post