Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 03-04-2014, 01:18 PM   #1
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Default EOI - Group Buy - Mountune Quick Shifter/Vibra-Technics Torque Mount

Howdy Peeps,

Just wanting to see if there peoples keen to join me in a group buy for the Mountune Quick Shifter and/or Vibra-Technics Torque Mount?

I have been given a pretty good quote (based on the current exchanage rate) of:

Mountune - ~$173.80 (including Shipping)
Vibra-Technic - ~$188.08 (including shipping)

These prices are based on 5 units per order (Would be slightly less per unit if more numbers, but would like to keep each order under $1000 AUS)

For those whom are interstate add $10.00 for AusPost direct to your door.

So at this time im just gatherng potential interest in either product before moving forward.

Cheers Damo

Last edited by MISTA FIESTA; 03-04-2014 at 01:30 PM.
MISTA FIESTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2014, 01:21 PM   #2
clem0x

Default Re: EOI - Group Buy - Mountune Quick Shifter/Vibra-Technics Tourqe Mount

I'd be keen on a Quick Shifter mate, keep me posted
Old 03-04-2014, 04:00 PM   #3
lukits01
Starter Motor

Default Re: EOI - Group Buy - Mountune Quick Shifter/Vibra-Technics Torque Mount

keen on both, mate
lukits01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2014, 05:50 PM   #4
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Default Re: EOI - Group Buy - Mountune Quick Shifter/Vibra-Technics Torque Mount

Forgot to add link - It will be the non-motorsport model.
http://j-w-racing.co.uk/product.php/...2e559c587965ed
Old 04-04-2014, 12:44 AM   #5
aln
Starter Motor

I'm from Melbourne and interested in a mountune quick shifter too
aln is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2014, 09:50 AM   #6
Swoopdown

Good Pricing Mista Fiesta

I think i paid in the $200 mark for the shifter.
Swoopdown is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2014, 01:03 PM   #7
Nitrobuggies
Starter Motor

count me in for the quick shifter.

still deciding if I want to get the rear motor mount just yet or, or hold of till I start the performance mods.
Nitrobuggies is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2014, 03:31 PM   #8
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

As I cant update the opening post, I thought id give my thoughts about the Vibra-Technics mount.

The stock torque mount on the ST is the same on all Base Model Mk6/Mk7, and cant really handle the extra HP/torque the ST has. I find the gear changes especially 1st to 2nd a bit notchy and also 2nd to 3rd. The stock torque mount (this is what connects the gearbox to the chassis) is too soft and flexes on acceleration. With the stiffer mount it tightens it all up and makes the gearbox/engine become one with the rest of the car. This in terms makes shifting a lot smoother. It will make the car vibrate a little more at idle but that's about it. I had the same mount in my XR4 and was one of the best mods I ever did.

I think having the upgraded mount and mountune quick shift will make it all the better.

From the Manufacturer
Quote:
The standard torque link allows too much engine movement under performance driving conditions therefore we have developed this billet aluminium item fitted with uprated rubber bushes.

The bushes are designed to reduce the movement at the link from +/-10mm to +/-2mm. This will result in some increase in noise and vibration in the cabin. But the stress will be reduced on such items as exhaust system, intake system, drive shaft joints and gearchange and the car will have a much 'tighter' feel

Last edited by MISTA FIESTA; 04-04-2014 at 03:45 PM.
MISTA FIESTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2014, 07:04 PM   #9
gavn
Starter Motor

Interested in both. I'm in Melbourne.
gavn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2014, 07:11 PM   #10
Nitrobuggies
Starter Motor

yeah ok make that both of them now
Old 04-04-2014, 07:31 PM   #11
aln
Starter Motor

you've convinced me to get both too
Old 04-04-2014, 08:41 PM   #12
Basil brush

X1 for the torque link :-) am in the western australia

My shifter just arrived in the post :-)
Basil brush is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2014, 11:19 AM   #13
garat05
Starter Motor

Hey mate,

Yep put me down for the Torque Mount please, would be good if we could get a group buy for the install too ;)

For anyone who is on the fence for the short shifter ... its the best bang for buck mod you can do on the fiesta, makes a world of difference and makes car feel even more special to drive.
garat05 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2014, 12:47 PM   #14
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Awesome feedback guys. I am going to cap the first round at 10 units each, split into two shipments. I will update everyone when its time to place the order (ill create a PDF for everyone to fill out, so I got all your details). I will be away from mid to late April but would like to make the order on 28th April. This should give everyone enough time to get funds together. Hopefully everyone is OK with this.
Old 05-04-2014, 01:21 PM   #15
Nitrobuggies
Starter Motor

Sounds like a plan. I was wondering what my first official mod would be and looks like I have found it. Was planning on doing my power upgrades at tax time..
Old 06-04-2014, 05:24 AM   #16
xr6turbo_85
Starter Motor

Hi mate,

Keen for the shifter here. Perth - WA.
xr6turbo_85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2014, 08:53 AM   #17
cainen

I'm in for the shifter.

Cheers
cainen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2014, 09:47 AM   #18
Swoopdown

For the engine mount how easy is the install? would i need to go to a mechanic?

Cheers
Old 07-04-2014, 02:25 PM   #19
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

I got a mechanic to do mine on the XR4. You need to obviously have the car elevated a substantial amount to support the engine/gearbox when the stock mount is removed.

"When fitting the link the original support bracket must be removed from the original link and used on this part. Failure to do so could result in damage to the gearbox casing."

Apart from that its pretty easy
Old 15-04-2014, 09:50 PM   #20
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Great feedback guys. I wont be taking anymore orders at this time. For those who posted interest, more info will be Private Messaged to you within the next two days.
Old 27-06-2014, 12:26 PM   #21
Swoopdown

Howd the install go and whats the feedback guys?
Old 27-06-2014, 02:00 PM   #22
aln
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoopdown View Post
Howd the install go and whats the feedback guys?
Quick shifter install was a pain as there isn't much space to work with, the short shifter feel is perfect, no problems and if you never drove a ST before you'd think it's standard
I ended up getting the cobb rear motor mount instead, but install for that is straight forward there is a little more vibration during idle but gear changes are much smoother
Old 27-06-2014, 02:21 PM   #23
Swoopdown

Great feedback mate.

Will check out the cobb now as well
Old 27-06-2014, 09:03 PM   #24
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Quick shift is a pain die to the tight space you have to work within, but at the same time, you need the right tools for a smooth install i found. But the pain is well worth the end result. Shifts are seamless and quick.

I haven't installed the Vibra Torque Mount as yet but plan to do so in a few weeks. Would be interesting to do a compare in person with the COBB one installed.
Old 28-06-2014, 09:30 AM   #25
cainen

I'll reiterate the below. Short shifter a PITA to install but well worth it.
cainen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2014, 12:07 AM   #26
DreadlyST

Installed the quickshift myself today, have to agree on the PITA factor, However after struggling with the allen bolt for about 20 mins and busting up my knuckles constantly, I decided enough was enough and took a hacksaw to the allen key. This made life a hole lot easier as I was able to get full rotations, instead of bit by bit! This is what the custom allen key looks like beside a regular one

The other things you will need to make it easy is a 24mm spanner and a 24mm socket with extension bar and drive.
Definitely worth the effort though!
DreadlyST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post