Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-12-2016, 12:48 AM   #31
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Default Re: Insurance companies - need new one

It's going to be interesting for many as Just Cars used to insure people no one else would insure (many claims, speeding fines, loss of license, etc). Wonder where these people go now?!

Shannons are really competitive these days. Moved from NRMA cause of the deals they offered. Insured all the cars and got the race car covered for less than I was paying with the extra car covered!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2016, 03:06 AM   #32
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As much as some bag out Coles my XR6T with ECU tune is cheaper to insure with them than anyone else I have tried. My mrs 2004 BMW is cheaper through Budget Direct than Coles, go figure.But Budget Direct are steadfast on insuring under 30s, If I don't insure any car for under 30s and even if I loan it to my daughter to go to the shops just once and she has a prang she is not covered but Coles will if driver only drives a couple of times a year. How they could tell I don't know so it was a deal breaker for me. I have made claims through both and never had an issue with either.
Old 22-12-2016, 11:17 AM   #33
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Here's my experience with insurance for what it is worth.

Will never touch RACV again. And would actively encourage others to avoid them too. Long story, but the essence is that their insurance may be cheap, but that is no good when they won't pay out. My experience was with our home and contents, but I had two cars with them as well. Ended up telling them that if they didn't review the decision, I'd take my insurance elsewhere. Response was along the lines of "if that's what you feel you need to do, sir, then that is what you should do". Suffice to say, the very next day I cancelled my 4 policies with them. And tell this story to whoever is interested in listening! Happy to provide more details if anyone is interested. But I will never touch RACV again, no mater how much they advertise that the customer is their only concern.

Anyway, then went to Budget Direct. Have made two claims with them on my cars in the past: one was a not at fault claim (t-boned a lady in my BA XR8 when she pulled out from a side street where both of our vision was obscured), and one at fault (collected a hare on the way home in the FG G6). In both instances, I could choose my repairer (who did a great job in both cases) and I didn't have to sign any paperwork or chase BD at all. The whole process was painless (apart from the damage to my babies!).

I have access to an insurance broker (at no charge to me) and sought their advice a few years back. The broker asked me who I used at the time and I told her BD. She said it was extremely unlikely that she would get any quotes lower than what BD were offering, but the feedback she had received was that BD did not offer very good after sales support. Given my satisfaction with their process, she suggested that BD would be the best option. Got the quotes, and sure enough BD were clearly the best value for money.

Have since stuck with BD, but I have noted that the policies do creep up over time, so it is probably not too far away before I will test the market again.

Went through the process when I got the FG X XR8 of getting quotes form other insurers, such as Youi, Shannons and Coles, and none of them could compete with BD.

Hope that helps.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 22-12-2016, 12:29 PM   #34
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

Aami were dicks to me
Wouldn't let me go to my choice of repairer even though it said I could in the agreement
Sent me to somewhere 40kms away when I wanted to go 10kms to somewhere I knew and had fixed a mates trans am and did a good job
Ended up at a dodged joint that were ******* useless

With raa now...but I don't have modded cars
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2016, 03:44 PM   #35
xr8cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Age related, I was 18/19 at the time

I'm 25 now, might hit up APIA in the year 2051 to insure my flying car
If you can afford to own six cars let alone own six registered cars, I would imagine a few hundred here & there is chicken feed!
xr8cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2016, 01:22 AM   #36
Supafordies

I have been with aami for well over 10yrs now and im over 30.. i have diamond cover as a member with a clean record, to fully insure my 2015 wrx sti is only $680.00 a yr.. but no choice of repairer.. they are cheap, but their recommended repairers are really not very good. I remember i had a previous car that was broken into with the door damaged, and it took 3 times for their chosen repairer to fix it properly before i could choose my preferred repairer to fix it the right way, and they did to get those paint seperation lines repaired and the damaged section done properly which they finally did... when i upgrade to a ford xr8, i will change to a choice of repairer with someone else.. hope this helps..
Supafordies is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2016, 09:57 PM   #37
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
Have to admit, I haven't tried Progressive, but will do next time a policy is due.
Just got a notice from Budget that my comprehensive policy on my 2011 R6 FG upgrade ute is due for renewal January and they quoted $649 with $600 excess.
So I did an online with Progressive and it came back with $1035 with an excess of $700! So I tried RACQ of which I am a member and was quoted $694 with $750 excess.
Its a mine field out there.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2016, 10:02 PM   #38
xr8cam

Does anybody in NSW have a choice of repairer with any provider? My concern is like most peoples. Do the people that are chosen to do the repairs, work to your standard?
xr8cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2016, 12:11 AM   #39
Bonn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Shannons - by a country mile.
Discounts, no hassles on modifications, even have the house with them.
Mrs wrote her motorcycle off, in 2011 - they paid it out, gave her above the agreed value (!!!) by a couple of hundred $, and gave us back the bike. Now it's insured for $7k, as a project! Just one pleasant surprise after another. They cover all the 'memorabilia' (Frosty flags, models, souveniers in the shed, bar trophys)up to $10k, regardless, with every home contents policy.
We've compared and they have always come out cheaper,
Just my/our 2 bobs worth...

Jaguar XJ-S: Eaton S/C, I/Cooler, Haltech, DB7 rims, 1:15 Wakefield.

Jaguar XJ6 Wife's daily :2006 Quartz Metallic, FORD Duratec 3.0 V6, ZF 6sp

Previous relationships: FG GT, FG XR8 (+BA XT 5.4, BA AU, EF, EB, EA, EA & XF work cars)
Jags XJ12 & XJ6, BMW E39 Wagon, BMW F11 M-Sport wagon, 20 of GMH FC-HQ
Bonn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-01-2017, 07:44 PM   #40
Rzpect
Starter Motor

I'm in the same boat.
But as mine expires this month they are still allowing me to renew for another year. I guess AMMI picks it up.
Rzpect is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2017, 12:28 PM   #41
desGT

One car with AAMI, really bad repair.

Did have my cars with Shannons until a few years ago when they lowered the "agreed value" (Porsche 928GT) to a ridiculous $.

Went to Lumley Special Vehicles Insurance (www.lsvinsurance.com.au) and good rates (for 3 cars) and (my!!!) agreed value has been maintained since. Repair service unfaulted.
desGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: