Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-12-2016, 10:01 AM   #1
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default FGV GT FGX...might have been ?

G'day , Merry Christmas and a happy and safe New Year to all fellow AFF Members...Enjoy this fantastic time of the year , just great.. This morning on the first day of my Annual Leave I found a 3.5 year old copy of Motor Magazine from July 2013 ..On the cover was a concept photo of what might have been the last GT Falcon..
Here's a link to photos of a potential FGX GT to those who never saw any..In amongst the Falcon images here are several of the conceptual FGX GT..
Of course all academic now but thoughts please guys of what might have been instead of the equally awesome Sprint versions..https://www.google.com.au/search?q=p...<br /> .Cheers Rod..

Last edited by roddy1960; 23-12-2016 at 10:14 AM.
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 23-12-2016, 10:03 AM   #2
Beastie
The Terrain Tamer
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Catering services for a bunch of layabouts and for being an all-round good guy whose sense of community goes above and beyond. 
Default Re: FGV GT FGX...might have been ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
G'day , Merry Christmas and a happy and safe New Year to all fellow AFF Members...Enjoy this fantastic time of the year , just great.. This morning on the first day of my Annual Leave I found a 3.5 year old copy of Motor Magazine from July 2013 ..On the cover was a concept photo of what might have been the last GT Falcon..
Here's a link to photos of a potential FGX GT to those who never saw any..
Of course all academic now but thoughts please guys of what might have been instead of the equally awesome Sprint versions..https://www.google.com.au/search?q=p...QM%3A...Cheers Rod..
Thanks Roddy...Just had a look and the third one along (white & gold) does actually exist...
Old 23-12-2016, 10:15 AM   #3
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastie View Post
Thanks Roddy...Just had a look and the third one along (white & gold) does actually exist...
Jim's a Pioneer ... an idea's man
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 23-12-2016, 10:20 AM   #4
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

G'day all.. The rear end photos especially in among these images show a Taurus SHO look , not to say that if a GT was done it would have been used.

The small article mentioned that FPV was considering upwards of 450 Kw from the Supercharged V8 without compromising reliability and durability of the Miami engine..The generally more dramatic look the GT was famous for was not as evident in the XR Sprints of course but that's okay..Look pretty good to me.

The FG GTF was a pretty darn good example of the GT marque regardless. The FGX did the duty with a pretty special run of the XR8 and 6 Turbo
How lucky were we to have the GT's at various times over the 56 years and enhanced further with the Tickford involvements AND the special XR6 and 8 models across a few decades...
Gave us all a chance to have something a bit different to the norm..
What's the general opinion on a FGX GT and is anyone disappointed it didn't happen rather than the Sprints ?..

Cheers Rod .

Last edited by roddy1960; 23-12-2016 at 10:48 AM.
Old 23-12-2016, 10:23 AM   #5
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Roddy .... for more info on the White/Gold build

Go here

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11415600

Enjoy your entire Xmas reading it.

Merry Xmas

(Posts 3511-3515 has a compilation of most of the pics, page 118 @ 30 posts per page) - From Jim's Signature
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2016, 10:58 AM   #6
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: FPV GT FGX...might have been ?

G'day all...Thanks Mechan1k for the link to Jim's work...He is a pioneer indeed...Very very nice..
I started the thread with FGV GT FGX...That's a typo of course..It's FPV ..
Don't agree with me too quick (it's the festive season after all) but I'm an idiot..
Sorry 'bout that.. Cheers Rod...
Old 23-12-2016, 10:58 PM   #7
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2016, 07:29 AM   #8
lra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In the original post link by roddy, 7 rows down in the photos, is an FGX with a Territory style grille. Looks way better than the generic Ford/Mustang/Focus grille on the production cars. (My opinion only)
lra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2016, 09:58 AM   #9
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

G'day Ira , Thanks..That's the exact photo on the cover of Motor July 2013..
Pretty nice looker..the rear end concept features a Taurus like tail light cluster and a different sharper rear windscreen look..The engine would have been plumbed a bit different via intercooler , cold air intake changes and the potential of the 5.0 V8 would see around 450 kw apparently with revised exhaust changes as well..Cheers Rod
Old 31-12-2016, 11:59 AM   #10
Hawkeye84

Quote:
Originally Posted by lra View Post
In the original post link by roddy, 7 rows down in the photos, is an FGX with a Territory style grille. Looks way better than the generic Ford/Mustang/Focus grille on the production cars. (My opinion only)
Yeah that was done by me - i was trying to get that Audi look.
See the link below

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...79652&page=308
Hawkeye84 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2017, 01:44 PM   #11
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
G'day all.. The rear end photos especially in among these images show a Taurus SHO look , not to say that if a GT was done it would have been used.

The small article mentioned that FPV was considering upwards of 450 Kw from the Supercharged V8 without compromising reliability and durability of the Miami engine..The generally more dramatic look the GT was famous for was not as evident in the XR Sprints of course but that's okay..Look pretty good to me.

The FG GTF was a pretty darn good example of the GT marque regardless. The FGX did the duty with a pretty special run of the XR8 and 6 Turbo
How lucky were we to have the GT's at various times over the 56 years and enhanced further with the Tickford involvements AND the special XR6 and 8 models across a few decades...
Gave us all a chance to have something a bit different to the norm..
What's the general opinion on a FGX GT and is anyone disappointed it didn't happen rather than the Sprints ?..

Cheers Rod .
My understanding is that Ford was planning an FGX GT and was canned by the been counters. The budget for estimated sales on the XR8 was used to can the GT. As we now know they under estimated the demand for the XR8 by nearly 100%. I did hear the tooling design had already started on some of the parts prior to canning the project. I was told that an illuminated insert was planned for the back of the bonnet that was to have the branding visible within the cabin, this would have cool particularly at night.

I was also made aware they where planning something with a lot more power and due to the extra design required to make the car reliable was also why this was canned.

Weekend 2012 GT Rspec black 6 speed Manual
GTF 306 has arrived
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post