Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-06-2012, 01:12 PM   #1
TLC24
Chicky

Default Extractors on XR8

I have had an interesting discussion with CGU insurance today and they have advised they will not insure any XR8 with extractors. Unfortunately, we did not know about the extractors when the policy was taken out as we purchased the vehicle second hand but the claim has been denied.

If you are with CGU and have extractors on your XR8, it might be worthwhile to check your insurance.

TLC24 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2012, 01:34 PM   #2
Bud Bud
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Extractors on XR8

Do you mean that you are trying to get insurance but CGU has knocked back your application because you have extractors on the car, or do you mean that you have tried to make a claim and they have knocked you back because you did not include extractors on your list of aftermarket parts?

Did you use the term extractors or headers? Did you know that the BA XR8 already has tubular headers (extractors) as a standard feature?

Bud Bud
Bud Bud is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2012, 01:49 PM   #3
TLC24
Chicky

They said that I did not disclose that the vehicle had extractors and then advised that if I had of disclosed that at the time of the policy, CGU would not have insured the vehicle at all because it alters the performance of the vehicle. I asked it it was all XR8s or just our vehicle and they said all XR8s.

It is a 'not at fault' claim so we still have other avenues, but that's customer service from CGU for you!

I assumed the extractors are not standard and I am not mechanically minded - (typical chick question here) how would I tell the difference? It is a BA XR8. I asked them if they confirmed that there was extractors on the vehicle and they said yes.
Old 21-06-2012, 02:30 PM   #4
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Get your mechanic to check the car. If they are standard, either go to the internal dispute resoultion service or take it to the ombudsman.

You can do this anyway. I would suggest taking it further, as a not at fault they should be covering you, they may not offer insurance next time its due.

They need to prove that having those extractors fitted was the cause of the accident.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2012, 03:08 PM   #5
Cúl-Báire

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLC24
They said that I did not disclose that the vehicle had extractors and then advised that if I had of disclosed that at the time of the policy, CGU would not have insured the vehicle at all because it alters the performance of the vehicle. I asked it it was all XR8s or just our vehicle and they said all XR8s.

It is a 'not at fault' claim so we still have other avenues, but that's customer service from CGU for you!

I assumed the extractors are not standard and I am not mechanically minded - (typical chick question here) how would I tell the difference? It is a BA XR8. I asked them if they confirmed that there was extractors on the vehicle and they said yes.

Threaten them with the insurance ombudsman, there is no ******* way they will get away knocking back a claim on the grounds that you didn't not disclose that the vehilce had aftermarket headers; especially when the vehicle had tubular headers from the factory, and it was most certainly not a contributing factor to the incident.
Cúl-Báire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 21-06-2012, 03:29 PM   #6
TLC24
Chicky

Thanks for yor comments. Needless to say ALL of my policies will now be moved and I might just drop a note to the ombudsman!
Old 21-06-2012, 04:10 PM   #7
AU Mont
Banned

take it further, they sound like that slimebag insurance company "budget direct" who knock back claims & quotes for insurance for the most stupidest reasons
AU Mont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2012, 05:57 PM   #8
HULK EF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i'd say their finding any reason to avoid payouts to boost profits.. Makes you wonder why people take out insurance accross many things when insurance compinies are trying every dirty trick to get away with a rejected payout.
HULK EF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2012, 08:24 PM   #9
comagutsa
Pethy FG XR8 Ute

you will find alot of insurance companies wont insure car if you mod them...and that comes down to changing the size rims on your car eg 17" to 19" ..wtf i know but it happens
now fitted with Koya Inox R1's, the rears are 20x10 with a 40mm offset and the fronts are 20x8.5 with a 35mm offset

total of 285.5 rwkw and 642nm
when Herrod cams in 290rwkw

GSXR 750K7 with goodies, dyno'd 136rwhp,
10.567sec for the strip
comagutsa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2012, 10:10 PM   #10
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU Mont
take it further, they sound like that slimebag insurance company "budget direct" who knock back claims & quotes for insurance for the most stupidest reasons
They tried to reject my claim because my car had a cat back exhaust.

I told them the original was rusted and this was the replacement, which they grudgingly excepted. Could not find any mention in any of their disclosure statements about anything regarding mods.

Insurance companies are the biggest slime ball business's around, they happily take youir money, but when you want them to do the job you are paying them for, they do everything in their power to try to get out of making a payout.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2012, 09:27 AM   #11
RCT
Starter Motor

HI,
My name is Rebecca and I work in the CGU Insurance Social Media team, I sawyour post and wanted to see if I could help you. I can confirm that we don'trequire you to declare items that are standard features of your car, do youknow if you extractors were standard features or added modifications?
Our claims teams do their best to meet our customers’ needs in-line with ourpolicy guidelines, but it's hard for them to know the ins and outs of every carmodel, which is why if you’re not comfortable with the explanation you’regetting, we have an internal escalation process. I'm sorry if this optionwasn't explained to you.
I think there are a few options for how we can help you, if we have moredetail on your claim. I would like to get one of our team who understands yourcar and the total detail of our policy to look at your claim. If you email yourclaim and contact details to my colleague Sean Sampson sean.sampson@cgu.com.au he will makesure the right people look into your claim and get back to you.

I hope that helps. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Bex

As a side note if you do have a high value car or one with modifications, oryou’re thinking of making modifications, can I recommend that you speak to aninsurance advisor who will be able to get you the right policy for you at thebest price and hopefully explain any of the things you might miss, and make itclear what you are and aren’t covered for. You can find your local insurance advisor here http://www.cgu.com.au/cgu/find-adviser/Pages/find-adviser.aspx
RCT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2012, 10:37 AM   #12
XDV800
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCT
My name is Rebecca and I work in the CGU Insurance Social Media team, I sawyour post and wanted to see if I could help you. I can confirm that we don'trequire you to declare items that are standard features of your car, do youknow if you extractors were standard features or added modifications?
If you are any good at your job and can read an internet thread, you would note in the Op's 1st post that your valued client was unaware of any aftermarket exhaust mods, that CGU is claiming.
Does the policy sales team have no access to any knowledge of the industry they are providing insurance coverage for in the first place?

Quote:
Our claims teams do their best to meet our customers’ needs in-line with ourpolicy guidelines, but it's hard for them to know the ins and outs of every carmodel, which is why if you’re not comfortable with the explanation you’regetting, we have an internal escalation process. I'm sorry if this optionwasn't explained to you.
Sounds like the claim team know there ins and outs perfectly bloody well if they are taking this road with a client! Once a claim is applied for, an assessor can drag the client over the coals for something that is a load of nonsense, hopefully misguiding the client and nullifying a claim.

Quote:
I think there are a few options for how we can help you, if we have moredetail on your claim. I would like to get one of our team who understands yourcar and the total detail of our policy to look at your claim.
So there is someone in the organisation that understands the industry and can help it's clients with understanding the item of concern? But you just discounted that possibility in your 1st paragraph.

Sounds like one misleading and dodgy company this one.
I reckon every insurer should be obliged to physically assess things they insure before they are allowed to offer coverage.
Good luck OP and i hope they help you out as this person is validating by posting here

Last edited by XDV800; 22-06-2012 at 10:43 AM.
XDV800 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2012, 10:50 AM   #13
GT450
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sounds like Rebecca was trying to help and your rude post will do nothing to aid the OP and his situation. Let him try and make contact and see how that goes then maybe your drgree in diplomacy will be required.
GT450
GT450 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2012, 11:16 AM   #14
RCT
Starter Motor

Hi Guys,

Thanks so much for all your comments, there absolutely is an expert inside our organisation who can help and I will do my best to make sure that TLC24 is put in touch with them.

I'm not sure how TLC24 brought our policy - we are an intermediated insurer so sell most of our policies through car experts, banks, and insurance advisors, so not knowing how TLC24 brought their policy I couldn't comment on the sales process. But I can promise I will do everything in my power to make sure that TCL24 is out in touch with our best people, who know all about their car!
RCT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2012, 12:48 PM   #15
GT450
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

RCT Nice of you to come on to the forums and explain. Most on here would appreciate it. Thank you.
GT450
GT450 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2017, 01:34 PM   #16
Vortex-98

Still doesn't say a lot for that company...i mean what are the odds that one of the company in questions reps are trawling this forum an saw that post.
Why would an insurance companys social media division be on here at all?? On a post about extractors
something fishy goin on here...
Old 02-01-2017, 03:21 PM   #17
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Who said mining is going the way of the dinosaurs!

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 02-01-2017, 11:10 PM   #18
Vortex-98

Talking Re: Extractors on XR8

...you did