Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Cougar and Probe

Old 23-11-2009, 01:26 AM   #31
bunter
F.T.F Member

not paying a cent they are its booked in for them to fix it on the 25 of this month

Old Rides
White V8 EB Mont
Ebony Black 2000 V6 Ford Cougar
bunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2009, 10:04 PM   #32
tezarity
Tezarity

interesting
tezarity is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2009, 10:07 PM   #33
bunter
F.T.F Member

well we have to wait till the 2nd now they rang and said there man cant make it till the 2nd of next month.

we already been in touch with fair traiding people and if he backs out on this date wer making the complaint as we know he has been in the before.

Old Rides
White V8 EB Mont
Old 10-12-2009, 07:46 PM   #34
bunter
F.T.F Member

well its all up to the fair traiding people, as thsi guys has ****ed me off and im sick of his lies he keeps stalling and he had the car for a day and said he took it to cumberland ford and had it tested after hours and thats why there isnt a report, rang cumberland ford blacktown and the car hasnt been there,

Sent the car to simthfield ford for a diag test and a report, they found the same problems that my mech found ABS and traction control dont work, and now we know why...... the ABS module that controls both ABS and traction control is blown from it being spiked from shotty work by this . cost of it new from for (you better sit down) $5,000 thats without tax and without it being installed.

a hit to were no to go to allcarstuff.com.au.

i hate liers and when he lied to me he sealed his own fate and i bet his partner that with him on this he will be ****ed off.

so the saga continues.

Old Rides
White V8 EB Mont
Old 11-12-2009, 11:58 AM   #35
thearrow

Bunter why don't you buy the ECU from dragon and be done with it, mate it's not worth the agravation and she will be back on the road for Christmas. I know, I know you will be out of pocket a little but at least it is resolved and the car is fixed. You can go him for costs anyway.

That's what I would do.
thearrow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2009, 02:22 PM   #36
bunter
F.T.F Member

the car is on the road its the ABS module not the ecu, the wife is going to burry this guy as he lied if he didnt lie this would not be going to happn, also of you let people get away with this other people will suffer the same fate this guy needs to be stoped.

Old Rides
White V8 EB Mont
Old 04-02-2010, 08:38 PM   #37
bunter
F.T.F Member

Update time

This will burn them big-time had a Bloke from fair trading at my door today.

with paper work with Gus,s boss sig on it with a list of repairs they HAVE to make and they cant try and do a dodgy like they have been trying, to start with they have been hit with a 5k fine as they were not licensed to carry out any electrical work, 2 the abs pump is a bit over 5k and to replace and fit almost 7k, also the car has to go to an auto electrician and have the foot well lights re done the way they should have.

once the car is totally fixed i will post up the signed agreement with what has to fix on here, lets say a win for the little guy.

All up this loser instead of making $300 for the custom car seat covers and the custom foot well lights its cost him a little over 12k.

also for you that don’t know if you have problems with a company and they damage or rip you off, and you go to fair trading for help and the person you have the complaint does a runner (close up shop and disappear) there is what is called a slush fund so you don’t lose, no matter what your problem it can be fixed.

dont let company get away with ********, its worth dealing with fair trading.

Old Rides
White V8 EB Mont
Old 27-05-2010, 10:17 PM   #38
bunter
F.T.F Member

Good News Time

the last 2 months the cougar has been back and forward to ford Smithfield, every time the ****** (man that did the damage in the first place to the ABS module) took one over to ford, ford plugged in each one and found they didn’t work.

so we got back to dep fair trading and they gut up them for there bull ****, they said they got a rebuild one then they said they got a working one and each time ford plug it in they didn’t work.

so with the threat from Dep fair trading this mob decided to do the right thing and supply a working ABS module. now all the warning lights have gone out, and now the abs is working and so now is the traction control.

i was at my wits end i was ready to go to the workshop of the losers that ****** it in the first place and smear Guss head into the floor over at weatheral park motor trimmers. (They also have a stall over at park lea markets near entry 5 that sells car seat covers.

Park lea was my 2nd stop if this wasn’t sorted, and i would have given the owner Lorenzo a lesson on ******* around with people and what it was about to cost him

Old Rides
White V8 EB Mont
Old 28-05-2010, 10:20 AM   #39
baz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunter
good news this afternoon the KYB front struts came in from the USA yesterday, so all the parts should be at my front door monday morning.

this is the parts list

Strut Mount Cougar 99-02 x2 thats the bearings and caps.
Filter kit V6 air/fuel/Oil
Spark Plugs Platunum x6
Valve cover gasket set cougar v6
Gasket Inlet cougar v6
KYB Front Strut (pair)

had to get the gaskets as the rocker cover one was leaking and i wias told i need the inlet gasket set for when they change the plugs as the inlet has to come off to do the job.
Are you sure the inlet has to come off to change plugs,my mechanic says they don't, although its a ***** of a job to do the back ones
baz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-05-2010, 11:33 AM   #40
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by baz
Are you sure the inlet has to come off to change plugs,my mechanic says they don't, although its a ***** of a job to do the back ones
It does make life easier. Although with the right extension, you can get to them. Guys on the NECO forums manage i think!

SFS 2007 Best Cougar, SFS 2010/2011 Best Focus XR5
XR5-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2010, 02:23 AM   #41
REDDYZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by baz

NO! To change plugs you don't have to touch inlet manifold at all.3/8" universal joint will do the trick. I changed plugs on my cat without taking anything off. However, to change rocker cover gaskets, intake manifold has to come off and doesnt mean that you have to change inlet manifold gasket unless its leaking. If the inlet gasket is in good shape you don't have to touch that at all, just take the intake manifold off and you can access front and rear rockers. I had ordered rocker gaskets and inlet gaskets but only changed rocker gaskets. There are 2 inlet gaskets. Its easy to change the top one and its ****** hard to change the bottom one. Its complicated. There is a lower intake manifold which sits between head and intake manifold. To take this lower intake manifold off you need to take the fuel injector railing off, (not sure but may be you need to take injectors off too along with railing) wiring harness off, disconnect fuel line from railing and secondary throttle cable off. I didnt had much time to take all this stuff off and the inlet gaskets on my car were perfect so, didnt bother to change them. They can be changed anytime by just taking off intake manifold. Its just 6 bolts, throttle cable couple of electrical plugs and a clamp to remove flexi intake pipe. And then ofcourse all the mess railing, wiring, injectors, lower inlet manifold.....

Yogi
REDDYZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post