Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Cougar and Probe

Old 16-05-2010, 05:44 PM   #1
chookta
Starter Motor

Default Squeaking hatch on probe

Does anyone have any easy solutions to stop the hatch from squeaking on my probe. Its very annoying.

chookta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2010, 12:44 PM   #2
thearrow

Have you tried a squirt of WD40 or is it something else??
thearrow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2010, 11:21 PM   #3
chookta
Starter Motor

tried that, doesn't work. Tried packing up the rubbers to give it more pressure and put grease on the sides, still squeaking. I am at a loss on what to do know.
chookta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2010, 10:15 AM   #4
thearrow

So the squeaking is in the pneumatic cylinders that hold up the tailgate??

If this is correct the ONLY way you can fix it is to repalce them, if you are in Sydney I know a guy who can supply them as i replaced mine last year.
thearrow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2010, 01:17 PM   #5
REDDYZ

Check the plastic trim on the hatch (inside) and holdings of the rack that sits between rear screen and seats (which separates boot and passenger compartment). I had this problem on my cougar and lubing those holding fixed the squeak.
REDDYZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-05-2010, 11:02 AM   #6
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have you adjusted the two rubber mounts in the body of the hatch and/or inspected for which side is rubbing; there is quite a bit of adjustment available? There are also two rubbers on the parcel shelf that may be the issue.
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2010, 01:38 PM   #7
dc_todd
Seasoned Visitor

Had the same issue in mine, turned out for me to be the plastic trim that runs along the back of the boot. where it meets up with the side trim bits Mine was squeeking and carring on. also where the child seat restraints come through, they are renound for noise there, I also use silicone spray on the rubber seals around the hatch lid. and polish where the seal sits too. Also check your spare tyre is not rubbing in the well and is properly secured.
Just a few ideas.
dc_todd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post