Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 24-01-2021, 11:36 PM   #61
Itsme
Experienced Member

Default Re: Medicinal Cannabis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_G6ET View Post
It is you that can't read Dazza, and I dont smoke weed. You can see problems because you have a sandwich short of a picnic, kangaroos loose in the top paddock etc.
panadeine is an opiate, ffs do some reading before you expose yourself showing your lack of knowledge
I thought an opiate is derived from opium where Panadeine is more opioid substance, You got me confused or am I'm correct in my statement.
Happy to be educated on this subject.
Itsme is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 24-01-2021, 11:41 PM   #62
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officemanager View Post
I thought an opiate is derived from opium where Panadeine is more opioid substance, You got me confused or am I'm correct in my statement.
Happy to be educated on this subject.
Howdy ...see here

Panadeine is a mix, not good for you at all

Edit, in small doses ok but not a continual thing

Panadeine EXTRA contains paracetamol and codeine phosphate https://www.nps.org.au/medicine-find...-extra-caplets

Last edited by Mr_G6ET; 24-01-2021 at 11:50 PM.
Mr_G6ET is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2021, 12:07 AM   #63
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
I'd suggest that you learn to read English, but I guess that's the problem with smoking all that weed. Maybe get somebody who talks really slowly to explain this to you.

This thread is about "Medicinal Cannabis" being made available over the counter. It's not about hemp oil, wheatgrass, or any other remedies.

It's about anyone (yes, including stoners) being able go into a shop, and buy "medicinal" cannabis over the counter.

By definition, it also makes it perfectly legal to be in the possession of said "medicinal" cannabis, so in practice it becomes a de facto legalisation of cannabis.

Since this is a motoring forum, I will also point out that this creates huge problem when Stoner Joe gets behind the wheel. Currently any detection would leave him open to charges of driving under the influence, but what happens if it's "medicinal"? I don't know the answer, but I can see it being a problem.

It's crazy that you now can't even buy damn Panadeine over the counter, and cannot take it at work, without a script. And proper decongestants are almost unobtainable, but hey, lets make weed universally available.
You are an idiot daft as ****
Old 25-01-2021, 11:38 PM   #64
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
I'd suggest that you learn to read English, but I guess that's the problem with smoking all that weed. Maybe get somebody who talks really slowly to explain this to you.

This thread is about "Medicinal Cannabis" being made available over the counter. It's not about hemp oil, wheatgrass, or any other remedies.

It's about anyone (yes, including stoners) being able go into a shop, and buy "medicinal" cannabis over the counter.

By definition, it also makes it perfectly legal to be in the possession of said "medicinal" cannabis, so in practice it becomes a de facto legalisation of cannabis.

Since this is a motoring forum, I will also point out that this creates huge problem when Stoner Joe gets behind the wheel. Currently any detection would leave him open to charges of driving under the influence, but what happens if it's "medicinal"? I don't know the answer, but I can see it being a problem.

It's crazy that you now can't even buy damn Panadeine over the counter, and cannot take it at work, without a script. And proper decongestants are almost unobtainable, but hey, lets make weed universally available.
'

Sack head, I started the thread.
Oh also this is the bar, chat.
Old 26-01-2021, 12:15 AM   #65
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would think opioids are a far bigger issue. Pills that are legally and often over prescribed gets them so hooked they turn to the black market.

People turn to heroin after getting addicted to them. People who were not junkies but turned into one.

It seems so stupid we are even having this debate.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2021, 12:01 PM   #66
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
I would think opioids are a far bigger issue. Pills that are legally and often over prescribed gets them so hooked they turn to the black market.

People turn to heroin after getting addicted to them. People who were not junkies but turned into one.

It seems so stupid we are even having this debate.
You are quite correct, and good point(s), to put this into a similar category (penalties) is naive to say the least.
This 'debate' isn't even about allowing people to get stoned (like many countries do [and dont have trouble]), it's the medicinal benefits that have been released over thousands of years. Science now allows us to separate the stoned and provides the beneficial aspect (only)

Pasted info:
Schedule 1 drugs (e.g. amphetamines, cocaine, heroin, LSD and ecstasy) carry greater penalties than schedule 2 drugs (e.g. cannabis, morphine and barbiturates). For example, supplying heroin carries a maximum penalty of 25 years in jail; whereas supplying cannabis has a maximum prison term of 20 years

If we were talking about getting stoned, I would say alcohol does far more damage to society than pot. The current laws drive criminal behaviour, consumes police and court time, jail population, taxes etc....
I don't smoke pot, I just know what it is.
5 users like this post:
Old 26-01-2021, 12:14 PM   #67
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
You are quite correct, and good point(s), to put this into a similar category (penalties) is naive to say the least.
This 'debate' isn't even about allowing people to get stoned (like many countries do [and dont have trouble]), it's the medicinal benefits that have been released over thousands of years. Science now allows us to separate the stoned and provides the beneficial aspect (only)

Pasted info:
Schedule 1 drugs (e.g. amphetamines, cocaine, heroin, LSD and ecstasy) carry greater penalties than schedule 2 drugs (e.g. cannabis, morphine and barbiturates). For example, supplying heroin carries a maximum penalty of 25 years in jail; whereas supplying cannabis has a maximum prison term of 20 years

If we were talking about getting stoned, I would say alcohol does far more damage to society than pot. The current laws drive criminal behaviour, consumes police and court time, jail population, taxes etc....
I don't smoke pot, I just know what it is.
This is a good thread.

Also, I am yet to find an unbiased and informative report on whether CBD oil has caused any direct fatalities. I have read you can get a form of toxicity from having too much. But from the people I know who take this oil regularly, they have had excellent pain relief benefits without the side effects and zero addictive traits. None of their cognitive abilities were compromised either as the CBD oil has zero THC in it.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 26-01-2021, 01:58 PM   #68
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
I have read you can get a form of toxicity from having too much. But from the people I know who take this oil regularly, they have had excellent pain relief benefits without the side effects
CBD is a P450 inhibitor, so while the CBD itself may not cause major direct side effects, it may exacerbate the side effects of any other drugs you're on (P450 enzyme pathways are some of the major drug metabolism pathways in the body).
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-01-2021, 02:00 PM   #69
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If we were talking about getting stoned
If cannabis becomes an OTC, how could we not?
Old 26-01-2021, 02:53 PM   #70
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
CBD is a P450 inhibitor, so while the CBD itself may not cause major direct side effects, it may exacerbate the side effects of any other drugs you're on (P450 enzyme pathways are some of the major drug metabolism pathways in the body).
Good, knowledgeable input. Your post led me to this which expands some more
(if you don't want to read the whole thing) I feel the middle of the second column to the third is along what you said

http://www.beyondthc.com/wp-content/...teractions.pdf
2 users like this post:
Old 26-01-2021, 03:11 PM   #71
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
If cannabis becomes an OTC, how could we not?
Honestly, the intent was the use of cannabinoids medically, the benefits (of CBD) to pain suffering, terminally ill etc. I didn't think there was a motion to make THC + CBD available. A natural alternative to chemicals that dont always work.
I can't find anything that suggests otherwise.

https://www.tga.gov.au/media-release...se-cannabidiol
https://www.bodyandsoul.com.au/healt...8b9df34a81d1ef

If we get into OTC pot, it will eliminate a whole criminal element. Roadside tests can be done, control the distribution like alcohol I guess, I think Australia is decades from that, at least W.A

Last edited by Mr_G6ET; 26-01-2021 at 03:19 PM.
Old 26-01-2021, 06:17 PM   #72
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If we get into OTC pot, it will eliminate a whole criminal element.
Depends on the price. The government will almost certainly put a big excise on it. 20% of tobacco currently consumed is from the black market.
Old 26-01-2021, 06:28 PM   #73
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

[/SIZE]
Quote:
Depends on the price. The government will almost certainly put a big excise on it. 20% of tobacco currently consumed is from the black market.
I just don't think we are anywhere near that, look how much bull**** is out there with CBD. People get benefit, does not impair driving etc. but still it took sooo much effort.
To put it in a sentence, CBD being available isn't OTC smoko , that is a different discussion.

Sorry, I missed your point. At least the quality will be defined. People being called criminals because of weed is OTT, dealers will still be crim's
Let's say there will be a lot of criminality reduced

Last edited by Mr_G6ET; 26-01-2021 at 06:40 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 30-01-2021, 09:23 PM   #74
Trendseeker

Some news on OTC sales of cannabis oil - legal from Monday:

https://www.smh.com.au/national/we-k...29-p56xyd.html
Old 30-01-2021, 09:52 PM   #75
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

That's good input, the below extract is for the crazy current that has no conception of what science has approved here

'Cannabidiol is an active ingredient in cannabis that doesn’t make a user high. A review by the World Health Organisation found it didn’t lead to drug abuse or dependence.

Clinical research has shown it can help reduce anxiety, insomnia, post-traumatic stress disorder and pain, said Dr Ben Jansen, the director and founder of Cannabis Doctors Australia'

for the tards that think this is a stoned condition, embarrassing they are from western australia.
2 users like this post:
Old 01-02-2021, 07:18 PM   #76
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One year since the law change in ACT. Not a significant impact either way.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-...e-act/13105636
2 users like this post:
Old 01-02-2021, 07:24 PM   #77
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Certainly a solid Australian indicator, good work from the ACT pollies having some balls. Smart population also, managed it well. Everyone needs to take some info from this including saving of tax payer money.

And, related to topic CBD oil over the counter legal in all states. A lot of people will be happy with this one keeping them away from the black market.

Last edited by Mr_G6ET; 01-02-2021 at 07:34 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 01-02-2021, 07:36 PM   #78
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
One year since the law change in ACT. Not a significant impact either way.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-...e-act/13105636
IMO, a positive impact rather neutral.
2 users like this post:
Old 01-02-2021, 07:39 PM   #79
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
IMO, a positive impact rather neutral.
Well it is less notices and no huge increase in negative effects.