Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Closed Thread

Old 15-10-2005, 01:36 PM   #1
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

Default Censorship....

Hi all

I was wondering, on other vB3.0 forums i've used, most give the option of turning censorship of swearing off. Is it possible to have this feature on here? Even if it's set to censor everything by default, and then can be turned off in the user control panel.

Thanks

Aaron.

1984 XE S-Pack 250 Sno White - LPG - Single Rail - 2.5" Exhaust

"Just because you don't understand something, does not make it wrong"

Old 15-10-2005, 01:51 PM   #2
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_EF8
Hi all

I was wondering, on other vB3.0 forums i've used, most give the option of turning censorship of swearing off. Is it possible to have this feature on here? Even if it's set to censor everything by default, and then can be turned off in the user control panel.

Thanks

Aaron.
Hi Aaron, i am not sure if this feature is available Admin needs to answer that one, if you see swearing or seriously offending material let a mod or Admin asap.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Old 15-10-2005, 01:57 PM   #3
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

Ok, but I meant more the other way around. Words like B!tch, or fukc don't offend me at all, I can understand a few people may be, but I know a lot aren't.

Old 15-10-2005, 02:00 PM   #4
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

lol, even typing ***** gets censored out now....

Last edited by XA-Coupe; 15-10-2005 at 02:26 PM. Reason: why yes, yes it does, even if it's not automatic :)
Old 15-10-2005, 02:08 PM   #5
LUXO_8
windsor user

yeah wouldnt mind turning it off myself....
Old 15-10-2005, 02:25 PM   #6
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Unfortunately guys, we have set it on a site level and at a site level it is going to stay. . This is a family site and as such we have to make sure we act in a manner acceptable to majority of the population.
Old 15-10-2005, 02:27 PM   #7
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

So if i was to type it wouldnt work?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
Old 15-10-2005, 02:27 PM   #8
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

well afterlooking at that.... Nope..
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
Old 15-10-2005, 02:31 PM   #9
Simmo
White Lightning

what about overclockers australia, a forums with over 60 thousand members, many of which are sub 18 year old little nerds. its on over there and it really doesnt get abused at all.
Old 15-10-2005, 02:38 PM   #10
Aaron_EF8
Oops, I slipped....

Quote:
Unfortunately guys, we have set it on a site level and at a site level it is going to stay. . This is a family site and as such we have to make sure we act in a manner acceptable to majority of the population.
Hence why I suggested making it optional...

Old 15-10-2005, 02:41 PM   #11
LUXO_8
windsor user

is there anyway that it could be set up to change the word into ____ or **** or something..

as how it is now, when a word is censored it leaves nothing.... sometimes making whats said not make sense......if ya get what im saying...
Old 15-10-2005, 02:56 PM   #12
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Learn not to sware??

Old 15-10-2005, 03:12 PM   #13
Simmo
White Lightning

**** you .
Old 15-10-2005, 03:27 PM   #14
LUXO_8
windsor user

you too...
Old 15-10-2005, 08:49 PM   #15
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

we used to have an asterix but people were using that as a badge of honour of some sort. With the blank space it's a lot harder to see that they have been swearing.
Old 15-10-2005, 08:55 PM   #16
CruizinEB
Banned

well i have put "censored" to replace bad words, thats so people see it and change it
Old 15-10-2005, 09:10 PM   #17
rodderz

I swear like a trooper in normal conversation, but on forums there isnt really any need for it. You type in what your point of view/comments are and everyone can read it clearer
Old 15-10-2005, 09:31 PM   #18
oldracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA Coupe
we used to have an asterix but people were using that as a badge of honour of some sort. With the blank space it's a lot harder to see that they have been swearing.
XA Coupe, from where I sit, your avatar is more offensive to me than swearing, I don't care either way but if we're talking offensive, let's cover all angles

Old 15-10-2005, 09:35 PM   #19
Damo
Banned

^^ agreed
Old 15-10-2005, 10:01 PM   #20
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Yep, can't swear but can have a pic of some knucklehead giving you the bird in an avatar everytime you see his posts.
Old 15-10-2005, 10:09 PM   #21
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldracer
XA Coupe, from where I sit, your avatar is more offensive to me than swearing, I don't care either way but if we're talking offensive, let's cover all angles
What's wrong with a pussy burger? Would you rather fish pie?

If you really want to swear, just spell the word the fkucing wrong way!
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
Old 15-10-2005, 10:16 PM   #22
oldracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC-XRWgn
What's wrong with a pussy burger? Would you rather fish pie?

If you really want to swear, just spell the word the fkucing wrong way!
Not at all mate, and as I said I don't care either way but the next thing is we'll have 'em in jars, pussy's that is, but if we're goin to get really moralistic about this site, swearing being the start point and mine being objectionable avatars and the admins have the say, let's get it right, let's open the whole damn thing up to what is proper and what is not.

Old 15-10-2005, 11:37 PM   #23
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Frankly I am amazed at what tripe people can come up with.
What the hell does my avatar have to deo with swearing?? Jeez, if you want to be as anal as people are being, no avatars. I am sure your cars being fords will offend some Holden people.
Get a grip.
Old 15-10-2005, 11:41 PM   #24
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Hahaha

classic, taking into account its a picture of his kittens from a litter his cat has just had...

and I am still amused by the children who think swearing makes their post have more meaning, geesh!
Old 15-10-2005, 11:44 PM   #25
oldracer

"This is a family site and as such we have to make sure we act in a manner acceptable to majority of the population."

Where do you get off tellin me to get a grip and stop being anal, I said I don't care either way about the swearing, don't mind it as a matter of fact but your avatar is "off"
A post is both what is written and what is viewed, it is not that hard so you get a grip

Old 15-10-2005, 11:50 PM   #26
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
"This is a family site and as such we have to make sure we act in a manner acceptable to majority of the population."

Where do you get off tellin me to get a grip and stop being anal, I said I don't care either way about the swearing, don't mind it as a matter of fact but your avatar is "off"
A post is both what is written and what is viewed, it is not that hard so you get a grip

Ohh its a great laugh tonight!

Anal - context - refer oldracer post
Old 15-10-2005, 11:51 PM   #27
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The avatar is only off if you are humourless and anal. As for the grip .... if you needed to drag this up then you are in sore need of it.
Old 15-10-2005, 11:51 PM   #28
Kryton

i can feel a banning coming on.
Old 15-10-2005, 11:57 PM   #29
DarkXr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i think that if rules are going to be set then set them. If you want this to be a "family site" then this ruling has to apply to both swearing and so called "innapropriate" avatars. I personally dont mind XA COUPES avatar, it doesnt offend me at all, and I think that there has to be some kind of sense of humour in this world because we all take our selfs to seriously as it is..... If people want to see swearing then let them see swearing its not going to affect the family members in the slightest.. Anyways, lets all make up and be friends --- come on --- group hug........ :
Old 16-10-2005, 12:08 AM   #30
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkXr
Anyways, lets all make up and be friends --- come on --- group hug........ :

and on that point...

: : : :
Closed Thread