Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-11-2016, 10:05 AM   #31
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Str-8 - hsv grange - c 63?

The Grange is also LWB, its a bigger car than the others on the list.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2016, 10:15 AM   #32
Falcon SXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Grange for sure
AU Fairmont
BA MK2 XR6 Turbo
Now
XDUB
Falcon SXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2016, 10:18 AM   #33
PHawk
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chookaradley View Post
Bought my SRT8 new in 2014 and still love it. Have had no issues with it. The hemi is a beast to behold!!.
Agreed, looks are subjective and the Chrysler's isn't for everyone, but in the Car for your money stakes this thing wins hands down.
FG GT-P 315 6A
FG F6 310 6A
HSV Maloo LS3 6M
GT 335 6A
300 SRT8 Hemi 6.4
PX Ranger XLT
Commodore SS-V Redline LS3
2017 Triumph Speed Triple R
Triumph Street Triple RX
PHawk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2016, 12:07 PM   #34
amiers
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ok have driven all 3 last night and this morning. Being a motor dealer I have a lot of good inside people to help with running costs and problems with these cars, I don't deal at this end of the market, but I went out to look with a open mind. Bit hard after 30 years in the trade but here we go.

SRT-8 2015 - 26,000 KLM

Nice car, plenty of go, liked the interior but, didn't like the seats, felt bigger than it already is, brakes didn't impress. just didn't feel right for me.

Mercedes C 63 2010 - 34,000 KLM

Bit of a shock with this one, as its based on the C class it is very plain when you actually sit in it. goes like a cut snake! handles well, stops great, gearbox is terrific, seats a little to tight, but I'm a little too big, feels too small for a big bloke. very basic car with a ballistic engine. merc got it right for what is was made for SPEED. left with maybe on my mind.

HSV GRANGE 2015 - 23,000 KLM

Being a Ford blue blood I went to this one with a closed mind. I had already looked over a couple of these at the auctions so it was driving it that was my main concern.

Very nice car, bitting tongue, great ride, good brakes, liked the interior, all the EDI stuff fun to play with, plenty of grunt, main thing was as it's base is the caprice it has all the options. loved the flappy paddles. Hated the huge A pillar which I have in all VE/F Holdens, dash is a bit of a dogs breakfast and the leather cover over the main instruments looks like it's from a different car!

So at the end of the day it will be a Grange, got everything I want in a daily driver with fairly cheap running costs all the luxury plus plenty of go when I get the urge. Plus I have the Sprint for all the fun.!
Old 26-11-2016, 12:31 PM   #35
PHawk
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I love performance cars full stop, whether it be FPV SRT HSV Ford or Holden, Chrysler, Dodge etc, have never been a Euro bloke, though the cars are awesome they are just well past my pay grade I've had the luxury of having a Wife who enjoys the same interests as me, which allows frequent changes, at the mo we have an LS3 Redline and it's fitting the bill nicely between grunt and options, to tell you the truth this is the best of the lot so far IMHO
FG GT-P 315 6A
FG F6 310 6A
HSV Maloo LS3 6M
GT 335 6A
300 SRT8 Hemi 6.4
PX Ranger XLT
Commodore SS-V Redline LS3
2017 Triumph Speed Triple R
Triumph Street Triple RX
PHawk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2016, 01:31 PM   #36
kinksta
Luxojet

Good work on going for a drive in all 3! Too many people test drive one car, fall in love and done deal.

Hopefully we get to see some pics or maybe a thread in the Non Ford section.
kinksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 27-11-2016, 06:38 PM   #37
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Grange is the only Holden I actually like.
I would probably buy a Grange as a DD over the other two even though I like the other two more.

C63 seams epic, but AMG out or warranty doesn't sound fun.
300 are great, but I had the old model, probably almost as bad as the Merc out of warranty. As much as I loved driving it, I wish I never owned it.
Surely the new ones are better, but who knows.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2016, 09:44 PM   #38
Fairlane 500
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

C63 out of warranty could end in tears.
Can't stand 300C at all
so Grange would be my pick.
Fairlane 500 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2016, 10:36 PM   #39
M&Ms
Donating Member
Donating Member1

How about an E63?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiers View Post
ok have driven all 3 last night and this morning. Being a motor dealer I have a lot of good inside people to help with running costs and problems with these cars, I don't deal at this end of the market, but I went out to look with a open mind. Bit hard after 30 years in the trade but here we go.

SRT-8 2015 - 26,000 KLM

Nice car, plenty of go, liked the interior but, didn't like the seats, felt bigger than it already is, brakes didn't impress. just didn't feel right for me.

Mercedes C 63 2010 - 34,000 KLM

Bit of a shock with this one, as its based on the C class it is very plain when you actually sit in it. goes like a cut snake! handles well, stops great, gearbox is terrific, seats a little to tight, but I'm a little too big, feels too small for a big bloke. very basic car with a ballistic engine. merc got it right for what is was made for SPEED. left with maybe on my mind.

HSV GRANGE 2015 - 23,000 KLM

Being a Ford blue blood I went to this one with a closed mind. I had already looked over a couple of these at the auctions so it was driving it that was my main concern.

Very nice car, bitting tongue, great ride, good brakes, liked the interior, all the EDI stuff fun to play with, plenty of grunt, main thing was as it's base is the caprice it has all the options. loved the flappy paddles. Hated the huge A pillar which I have in all VE/F Holdens, dash is a bit of a dogs breakfast and the leather cover over the main instruments looks like it's from a different car!

So at the end of the day it will be a Grange, got everything I want in a daily driver with fairly cheap running costs all the luxury plus plenty of go when I get the urge. Plus I have the Sprint for all the fun.!
MY18 Black WRX STi Spec-R
Previous:
'16 White FGX XR8
'09 Black FG FPV GT 5th Anniversary
'04 Blueprint BA XR8
'97 Mocha Foam EL Fairmont
M&Ms is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2016, 11:21 PM   #40
amiers
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thought about an E 63 but the models I like are way out of my range and also heard they had the head bolt problem too.