Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-11-2016, 07:28 PM   #61
GASWAGON
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: The demise of LPG

Lets wait until the latest Euro emissions laws come into place.

LPG or electric will just about be the only options?
GASWAGON is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 18-11-2016, 09:35 PM   #62
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My local Shell has a sign up saying as of mid November no more LPG and they're on a busy road and get lots of customers, I guess they can make more out of a petrol pump than an LPG
2 users like this post:
Old 21-11-2016, 03:05 AM   #63
slylpi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
My local Shell has a sign up saying as of mid November no more LPG and they're on a busy road and get lots of customers, I guess they can make more out of a petrol pump than an LPG
just to ad to this shell also claim that lpg tanks take up too much space outside as the lpg storage tanks are above ground which would mean less customer space for parking. ther are few servos in shell in eastern melb that have taken lpg out and even a local bp outlet also.
slylpi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2016, 07:36 AM   #64
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Originally, demand was almost completely driven by subsidized conversion programs,
when people didn't have to pay much to have their old cars converted, they were into LPG.

As those vehicles began being traded in, a new more efficient petrol or diesel replaced
the previous one and LPG was quickly forgotten.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 22-11-2016, 12:25 AM   #65
janddbone
B1 - J & D Services
Donating Member1

A subsidised local industry. Sounds like a good use of money to me. Was used for decades without the most recent scheme also...
2000 Ford Falcon Wagon Egas
2000 Honda Accord V6L SVI dual fuel
1999 Subaru Imprezza Sportwagon
1998 Holden Suburban 2500
1995 Land Rover Discovery TDI
1994 XG XR6 Longreach
1983 Holden Rodeo
1982 ZK Fairlane 302 six seater
1975 Datsun 120Y wagon
1970 MG Midget
1967 Rover 2000TC
Soon: Model T.
janddbone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2016, 10:00 PM   #66
IanC

I had my BA converted ten years ago. It is a dual fuel Sprint gas vapour injection. It hasn't had any problems and has saved me heaps. Where I live the servos are taking gas out but it is still available in quite a few places. Out in the country gas is the same price as petrol now but it is still about 80cents in the city.
IanC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2016, 11:34 PM   #67
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
It's purely driven by profits & shareholder returns. I had the choice of 1 Shell near work, and 2 near home. All of them have had the LPG removed in the last 6 months.

I spoke to the manager of one of the ones near home, and he said despite his LPG sales increasing, the cost to re-test the tank is high, so too the maintenance on an old pump mounted beside the tank, so head office forced it upon him.

He's annoyed as he used to get a lot of the local cabs who would buy coffee or smokes when they filled up - items that are far more profitable than LPG, which he will also lose. He explained this to them, and they still increased his sales targets.
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2016, 11:44 PM   #68
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My local Coles Express recently put in E10, unfortunately for LPG there is no room on the price board for LPG price now that E10 is there. Now no one knows that servo has LPG so will bypass it. That in turn will decrease sales and increase the likelihood of the demise of LPG at that servo. This is a targeted attack as just weeks before that the price of LPG was raised to 10-15cpl higher than surrounding servos. I wont be going back there now as I now don't know the price. Thankfully I have a couple of others to choose from not too far away and now possibly cheaper.