Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:21 PM   #1
Ivan

Default Hacking

Just a heads up to everyone that someone is trying to hack my account and may also be trying other peoples.

Ian

Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2012, 08:27 PM   #2
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Hacking

Would help to explain how, when,where and why you think your being hacked?

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2012, 09:33 PM   #3
Ivan

Got an email that my password had been entered incorrectly to many times and I have been locked out of the forum.
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2012, 09:40 PM   #4
AndyXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Do you live by yourself? Do you have mates that drink and/or do drugs?
AndyXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2012, 10:09 PM   #5
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

^^^^^^^!

Ivan, what Jim said. You haven't been locked out of the forum - you can obviously still post on this site.

There are plenty of moderators that are online at anytime that can probably help you out (given time)

If that does not solve your problem, you can contact Russ (the chairman and boss administrator) His username is "russellw" Look it up, and appreciate that he is ultra busy looking after this forum - don't expect an immediate reply.

Cheers Ivan, David.

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2012, 10:57 PM   #6
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

If someone tries to access your account and gets the password wrong, you get an email warning, that tells you that your account has tried to be accessed and you are locked out for 15mins from trying to log in again.

I know this.... because just last week, I forgot my own password and locked myself out

It is good, on any site, to change your password a few times a year and try to mix it up a bit with capital letters and a few numbers thrown in aswell.

Cheers
Col
Old 09-07-2012, 11:38 PM   #7
Chopped
as in chopped

^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcG7ftYMObA
Old 10-07-2012, 09:34 AM   #8
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by supershifty
There are plenty of moderators that are online at anytime that can probably help you out (given time)

If that does not solve your problem, you can contact Russ (the chairman and boss administrator) His username is "russellw" Look it up, and appreciate that he is ultra busy looking after this forum - don't expect an immediate reply.

Cheers Ivan, David.
of course if he really was locked out, he wouldn't be able to contact the moderators through the forum. (had this issue on another forum... and they had no external contact, email or anything)
Old 10-07-2012, 05:21 PM   #9
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie muscle
of course if he really was locked out, he wouldn't be able to contact the moderators through the forum. (had this issue on another forum... and they had no external contact, email or anything)
yes you can

if you are locked out perm you can e-mail admin via the home page and russ will fix the issue for you the moment he gets the e-mail I know as i have been there done that

most the time here on aff it is only locked out for 15 mins but every now and then the system may lock you out longer and you will need to contact admin via e-mail responses are normally very quick as russellw monitors the aff admin e-mail all the time

just so you know it is as bellow

admin@fordforums.com.au

that will go direct to admin and they will fix the problem for you

Jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post