Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-11-2016, 11:40 AM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Angry Speed Camera Operator filmed 10km/hr over speed limit !!!!

A driver "ironically" filmed a mobile speed camera operator breaking the law by travelling 10km/h over the limit on a Queensland highway.

Connor Egan was furious after catching a speed operator on his smartphone clocking 120km/h on a 110km/h while driving in the outside lane.

Connor Egan has called for the mobile speed camera to be "fired for his actions". Photo: Facebook
The 25-year-old called the driver of the vehicle in front of him a "sneaky, sly b*****d" and claimed the person "should be fired for his actions".

"The man driving this car represents a private company that sits on the side of the road and takes speeding photos of us to prevent speeding and keep us safe," he wrote on Facebook.

"I hope this video gets shared and the representative of this company gets fired or at a minimum fined and looses his license like every single one of us would."

Connor Egan posted this photo to Facebook in an attempt to get the driver of the private firm "fired". Photo: Facebook
One Facebook user has accused Mr Egan of driving while using a mobile phone, however he claimed somebody in the back held the mobile speedometer and filmed the incident.

Ruth Tsitimbinis wrote: "And the other is using a hand held device while following that."

Mr Egan replied: "That's someone sitting in the back holding it."
https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/33330962...ensland/#page1
Old 26-11-2016, 11:59 AM   #2
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Speed Camera Operator filmed 10km/hr over speed limit !!!!

I had an impatient guy honk me at the servo when I went in to pay for LPG - rudely motioning for me to move up from the pump. Can't start pumping LPG until I've paid, so there was no point even trying, so I ignored him at first, but he kept honking. So I looked back, and then I realised it was a mobile camera unit.

F*& the rude bastard - may be doing a bottom-feeder job, but there's no need to take on that persona and behave like that.

So I took my time in the shop, and even the console operator commented how rude he was - and confirmed that he can't use that LPG pump until she reset it, which is only after I pay. So after our little chat I sauntered back to the car, casually refilled the washer bottle amidst more honking & cleaned the screen as well before I drove off. I probably saved 10 people getting done for 3km/h over the limit while I held him up.......
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2016, 12:21 PM   #3
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 
Talking Re: Speed Camera Operator filmed 10km/hr over speed limit !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorenutt View Post
I had an impatient guy honk me at the servo when I went in to pay for LPG - rudely motioning for me to move up from the pump. Can't start pumping LPG until I've paid, so there was no point even trying, so I ignored him at first, but he kept honking. So I looked back, and then I realised it was a mobile camera unit.

F*& the rude bastard - may be doing a bottom-feeder job, but there's no need to take on that persona and behave like that.

So I took my time in the shop, and even the console operator commented how rude he was - and confirmed that he can't use that LPG pump until she reset it, which is only after I pay. So after our little chat I sauntered back to the car, casually refilled the washer bottle amidst more honking & cleaned the screen as well before I drove off. I probably saved 10 people getting done for 3km/h over the limit while I held him up.......
Winning
Old 26-11-2016, 02:42 PM   #4
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:

Would have pretended my car had engine trouble, up the bonnet put the hazards on and go for a long toilet break to **** that bottom feeding thieving parasite even more.
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2016, 02:44 PM   #5
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
"I hope this video gets shared and the representative of this company gets fired or at a minimum fined and looses his license like every single one of us would."
Who gets fired or loses their licence for speeding 10km over the limit?? There must be some tough bosses out there and some tough license confiscation laws I have not heard of before.

He should probably check his spelling as well, 'loses' is one 'o' and its a licence not a license. Social media giving every uneducated houso a voice.

Then there is the fact that the driver was using a hand held mobile phone whilst driving, so may be he needs to be sacked as well, and how accurate is the app on the phone?? I am genuinely surprised HWP vehicles still use thousands of $$ worth of calibrated radar equipment, and operators who spend months in full time training on how to use it when a $2 phone app will do the job...

Another quality CVS8 thread, nearly as good as the bike one

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Last edited by XB GS 351 Coupe; 26-11-2016 at 02:54 PM.
XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2016, 02:53 PM   #6
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I probably saved 10 people getting done for 3km/h over the limit while I held him up.......
Champion!
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 26-11-2016, 03:01 PM   #7
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

*Puts keyboard warrior hat on*

So, the bloke willingly broke the law & used a handheld device to prove a car breaking the law. It doesnt matter if your using navigation, using the stopwatch, sending an SMS or talking on your phone. If the constabulary sees you with a phone in your hand, your done.

Not to mention speeding himself.

Lets be fair here.

Camera operator should loose his licence if the vid poster hands his in......

Distracted driving is far dangerous than 10 over in a 110 zone.
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.

Last edited by Revolver; 26-11-2016 at 03:08 PM.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 26-11-2016, 03:04 PM   #8
MrEL
Sick Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post
Who gets fired or loses their licence for speeding 10km over the limit?? There must be some tough bosses out there and some tough license confiscation laws I have not heard of before.

He should probably check his spelling as well, 'loses' is one 'o' and its a licence not a license. Social media giving every uneducated houso a voice.

Then there is the fact that the driver was using a hand held mobile phone whilst driving, so may be he needs to be sacked as well, and how accurate is the app on the phone?? I am genuinely surprised HWP vehicles still use thousands of $$ worth of calibrated radar equipment, and operators who spend months in full time training on how to use it when a $2 phone app will do the job...

Haha.
Yep i have to agree with most of what you have said.
But if you want to start correcting people for spelling and correct use of language you need to be 110% on your game else you look a bit stupid.
The OP is CSV8 not CVS8 as you have stated.
You had better mount yourself up on your burning cross.
MrEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-11-2016, 03:25 PM   #9
Itsme
Experienced Member

Just another storm in a teacup!
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 26-11-2016, 04:34 PM   #10
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

So this maniac drove at 10km/h above the posted limit and didn't cause a twenty-seven car pile up???

Sorry, I simply don't believe this story. Speeding kills.
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2016, 04:45 PM   #11
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

It is possible that speed camera operator was traveling at 110, and the mobile phone user's speedo is out so was displaying 120, when in fact only doing 110 (highly possible if a mitsubishi or toyota, in my experience)
Mods: Tune, ShockWorks and GT335 replicas in 19 x 8.5 & 9.5 35p offset with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, FG 19” Lux packs with 245/35/19 Toyo and Pirelli tyres, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 26-11-2016, 05:30 PM   #12
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC View Post
It is possible that speed camera operator was traveling at 110, and the mobile phone user's speedo is out so was displaying 120, when in fact only doing 110 (highly possible if a mitsubishi or toyota, in my experience)
Or a Ford or a Holden Or a Mazda or anything else.
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2016, 08:22 PM   #13
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolver View Post
*Puts keyboard warrior hat on*

So, the bloke willingly broke the law & used a handheld device to prove a car breaking the law. It doesnt matter if your using navigation, using the stopwatch, sending an SMS or talking on your phone. If the constabulary sees you with a phone in your hand, your done.

Not to mention speeding himself.

Lets be fair here.

Camera operator should loose his licence if the vid poster hands his in......

Distracted driving is far dangerous than 10 over in a 110 zone.
Lol, almost as dangerous as lane splitting at over 30k/hr, distracting yourself by peering at drivers next to you and removing your hands from the controls whilst in motion hey...
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2016, 10:28 PM   #14
Blue Roo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard-Dog View Post
So this maniac drove at 10km/h above the posted limit and didn't cause a twenty-seven car pile up???

Sorry, I simply don't believe this story. Speeding kills.
Speeding doesn't kill. It's the sudden stop at the other end that kills.
Blue Roo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 26-11-2016, 11:08 PM   #15
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Roo View Post
Speeding doesn't kill. It's the sudden stop at the other end that kills.
I was being sarcastic.
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2016, 11:25 PM   #16
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In the story he says someone in the back seat was using the speedo app, coughbulldustcough. Must have very long arms or he wasn't wearing his seatbelt to be leaning that far forward. Or at very least not restrained properly.
Old 27-11-2016, 12:52 AM   #17
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
Or a Ford or a Holden Or a Mazda or anything else.
Nope. My FG is within 3km of actual (GPS) speed at 100. My old Mitsu380 was 8km out at 100, and my brother in law's Aurion is 7km out at 100. More chance of a toyota or Mitsu reading 10km out at 110 actual (or 120 indicated) than a falcon (in theory mine shows 120, and GPS says 116 based on a display speed of 110 being 107)
Mods: Tune, ShockWorks and GT335 replicas in 19 x 8.5 & 9.5 35p offset with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, FG 19” Lux packs with 245/35/19 Toyo and Pirelli tyres, Bilsteins & Kings

Old 27-11-2016, 12:55 AM   #18
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Both cars should be booked for being in the right hand lane without overtaking, but this is in Qld, so that's par for the course (based on my experience in Qld). I wonder how accurate that phone app is?

Old 27-11-2016, 01:23 AM   #19
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've had the same experience up there too, on several different occasions, at different times of the year. Seems they are obsessed with the RH lane. Same as you can usually pick the right lane hog on the Hume between Goulburn & Liverpool, in both directions - 50% of the time they have ACT plates (not picking on your location, just what I observe). Other colleagues who travel the same road have noticed it too, and joked that it must be because ACT driver's are only taught how to use roundabouts....

But back to Qld, it's like an epidemic up there. You can almost get to places faster by using the left lane to overtake, as it's usually vacant in light traffic....

Funniest one I witnessed in QLD was a P-plater in a hyundai between the Gold Coast & the NSW border who was constantly changing lanes & cutting across people. She'd fly past in the left lane, cut across to the middle, end up across into the right, and then get stuck behind a "must do 10 under" driver. The cycle kept repeating - at one point we suggested counting how many times she'd go past us.... After an hour she was still no further ahead than if she'd simply sat in the middle lane in front of me (which eventually became the left when it reduced to 2 lanes), and stuck with the flow of traffic.
Old 27-11-2016, 01:48 AM   #20
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Lol, almost as dangerous as lane splitting at over 30k/hr, distracting yourself by peering at drivers next to you and removing your hands from the controls whilst in motion hey...
Back on that are we? Like a dog with a bone. But I honestly expected you to bring that up.

Rewatch the vids. Never was over 30. Its not illegal to look in someone else's vehicle. And we all remove our hands from control of our vehicles at one point or another.

Re-iterate what I said in that thread,

"Any further comments, my PM inbox is open".
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2016, 08:23 AM   #21
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

XBGS 351 Coupe,, I aim to please!! Stay tuned!!
Old 27-11-2016, 03:48 PM   #22
devilcv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Seems they are obsessed with the RH lane. Same as you can usually pick the right lane hog on the Hume between Goulburn & Liverpool, in both directions - 50% of the time they have ACT plates (not picking on your location, just what I observe). Other colleagues who travel the same road have noticed it too, and joked that it must be because ACT driver's are only taught how to use roundabouts....
Had a good one last week on the federal highway. ACT plated car in the left lane, changed lanes into the right lane to let an approaching car overtake on the left. They then proceeded back into the left lane after he car went past.
Thought I was seeing things until I got closer and was just about to change lanes, when she did, allowing me to pass on the left and once again she changed back to the left after I went past.
Must be a challenge not understanding keep left unless overtaking
devilcv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 27-11-2016, 04:30 PM   #23
ScotchanDry
Family XR8s in Grey

Dont you love the "passing lane in 500 mtrs" and behold the guy in front cruising on 94 suddenly finds the accelerator and you have to risk your licence to get past, and if you dont you will sit behind at 94 for the rest of that winding road...
ScotchanDry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 27-11-2016, 04:36 PM   #24
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchanDry View Post
Dont you love the "passing lane in 500 mtrs" and behold the guy in front cruising on 94 suddenly finds the accelerator and you have to risk your licence to get past, and if you dont you will sit behind at 94 for the rest of that winding road...
Usually old blokes in Camrys
5.8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2016, 04:44 PM   #25
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They do that on 2 lane freeways too. 110km/h, so they sit on 101 beside a truck doing 100, and when they finally get in front, they move left & hit 120km/h so nobody else can get past, and at the next truck, they do 101km/h again.
Old 27-11-2016, 05:03 PM   #26
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchanDry View Post
Had that happen in the Xmas holidays late last year - a young couple in a silver Hyundai would do over 100 in the overtaking zone, then dawdle between 70 & 80 everywhere else. We must have done 6-7 overtaking sections like that - nobody was game to do more than 5 over in double points, and couldn't get around.

What made it worse, was when there was a gap in the oncoming traffic, and there were broken lines with a chance to overtake, the driver would speed up - leaving you hanging out to dry.

Eventually I went out to the right in an overtaking lane area & did 110 in the 100 zone in an attempt to get around him, and he still held me out. As soon as we moved back in at the merge, blue & red lights went on behind.... I thought "great, he's gunna get me" but the cop shot past me & rounded up the Hyundai.

An hour later I was coming back to the car after filling & paying, and the same cop pulled in the servo to refuel. I asked how he got to drive the particular "loaned" car he was in, and his reply was "you don't bend the regular cars" and we struck up a convo. I asked about the Hyundai, and expressed my frustration with his behaviour. He chuckled & told me I won't see him back on the road anytime soon. Along with failing to display P-plates, he also got him for exceeding P1 speed limit by 20km/h.
I was quite pleased to hear that, and was about to ask about dangerous driving (holding me out to dry in the oncoming lane) and he told me he dealt with that too - he wrote him a fine that was along the lines of "increase speed to prevent another vehicle from completing an overtaking maneuver."

I expressed surprise, and he rattled off the road rule number, the amount of points, and the fine. He then told me they'd been handing out quite a few of them, as the behavior had been observed, it was on the increase when "city folk" travel up the Pacific, and it is a very dangerous practice. I thanked him for doing a great job, and actually policing something that would make a difference to the traffic flow, and safety of many road users. I think he was surprised that someone complimented him on a good job. There are some good cops out there who do try to deal with the selfish clowns who create more danger for others.
Old 27-11-2016, 05:44 PM   #27
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have seen a speed camera car speeding before as well. Wish I had a dashcam back then.
I estimate about 75 in a 60. I was doing an indicated 65 and he past me at a reasonable rate.
No it was not speedo error at that speed in a near new car.
They should be setting a good example for everyone since their job is all about saving lives. So I have been told anyway.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2016, 05:55 PM   #28
DJM83
Proper Gearbox User
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post

I dont usually agree with anything you post, but the last line i totally agree. Well posted,
And yes i have been caught speeding
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post