Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-11-2016, 10:35 AM   #1
Xe fairmont
Starter Motor

Default Car transport company?

Hey guys,
I'm after a little help with transporting my car.. I am moving from Victoria to Brisbane and have decided it's going to cost way to much and be to hard on the car to drive it all that way. So looks like I'll need to put it on a truck and get it transported up, however I'm not Overly keen on this as I've heard a few horror story's about cars getting damaged or driven by the truck drivers 🙄

So I'm after suggestions on what company to go with? I'm happy to pay more if it means my car will be safe

Cheers
Xe fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2016, 10:42 AM   #2
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Car transport company?

I went with prixcartransport and couldn't recommend them more. Under $900 from Mackay to Adelaide. However, it did take 2 weeks to get the car but probably needed to fill the truck to be worth their while.

Current
SY FPV F6X Territory #214
Previous
FG MkII G6E Turbo built by Heinrichs Performance and Tuning
BFII FPV TORNADO #0021 351rwkw - Heinrich Performance and Tuning

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
raised by monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2016, 10:45 AM   #3
Xe fairmont
Starter Motor

Thanks mate I'll take a look at them
Xe fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2016, 12:53 PM   #4
BionicXR6
Banned

There is also CEVA and Patrick's Autocare.

Never used any my self though.
BionicXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2016, 01:13 PM   #5
XAGT1972
XAGT351

I used CEVA to get my GT-F to Melbourne from Perth. Very happy with the service. But certainly with CEVA they have different levels of service, so talk to whoever you intend to use about how they handle the car and options to reduce the risk of damage in transport and while in storage. I went the fully covered option, where they drive the car into a container and put it on a train. Common issue seems to be front bar damage on the newer cars getting them on and off trailers, going covered pretty much eliminated this risk.
XAGT1972 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2016, 03:37 PM   #6
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by raised by monkeys View Post
I went with prixcartransport and couldn't recommend them more. Under $900 from Mackay to Adelaide. However, it did take 2 weeks to get the car but probably needed to fill the truck to be worth their while.
+1 for prixcar, mine went in a dedicated rail box, the issue can be with door to door delivery as they will take it from the depot to your house on a tilt tray car recovery transporter and I reckon my rear bar just cleared the road at the back by about 2mm and also a similar amount at the front on the tilt tray when backing it off.
Old 26-11-2016, 11:27 PM   #7
383hq
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Used Prix car 3x
Used Ceva twice.
Both offered excellent service on all ocassions.
Ceva guys seemed genuinely interested in the modifed car details,

But again, Both have taken very good care. Not bad value for me when you look at costs involved with DIY, or are not interested in requesting offers from Gumtree types to drive,
Price gets a bit dearer if you don't pick up/drop off from their transport bases in various capital cities
383hq is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post