Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-11-2016, 05:20 PM   #31
AAXR8

Thumbs up Re: Cleaning the Engine Bay of a BA BOSS 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackf6 View Post
Yes maroon bottle. And keeping F6 stock. Went overboard on the BF GT. And it lost all it's originality. Turned into a molested GT.
Yeah I know what you mean by that! GT's are a hard one because for a car that you want to not loose money on that's where the originality can stay and your car will keep it's value because that symbol FPV means a lot!

But also that engine bay like the GT's is really to be appreciated!! Beautiful job in all the polished metal and chrome work! I have done all the tanks and cover's except the injector cover! I have a special XR8 ECU Cover and I know how expensive it becomes! You can spend thousands!! But you can say
that's what you did and I would have bought that off you in a snap!!!

And thank you EXPRESS I understand what is the best way now!
So just one question still, For the Black Plenum cover and the CAI which is made out of the same stuff! Just use a rag and shine it up by just getting the dust off them, but you can use quick detailer on it! And On all the Metal and Paint Under the Bonnet and quarter panels!
Cheers!
, SCT FLASH TUNED, COLD AIR INTAKE WITH K&N HI FLOW POD FILTER , 4:11 DIFF, HERROD THROTTLE BODY. PEDDERS XTREME-XA COILOVERS
!!
247 RWKW

03 BA XR8 UTE WHITE IN COLOR!

AAXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 20-11-2016, 05:20 PM   #32
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Cleaning the Engine Bay of a BA BOSS 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAXR8 View Post
Sometimes you just want to talk to series people who can give you advice on what product is good for different sections of your car and so on! Because every day learning something different is great and this is a Ford Car Advice Website!
But then sometimes you get an answer like that! When I am actually wanting to know what is the best for my Car and what to be careful off,
And You say
By Now A Pattern should Develop
I know how to degrease and wash a car!
But XB GS 351 Coupe Can you tell me what I am actually asking and what is the best product (an actual name of products) for the cleaning and dressing and protecting the plenum? And products (an actual name of one) to make the Black heads look really good After they have been cleaned?
And have you XB GS 351 Coupe had anything go wrong when washing a BOSS 260?

So Please people I just want HELP in Learning what's Best for my Car! so if you can't help with what questions I ask just don't put a comment!
Any reputable brand will do, they all do the same thing.

It's more about putting the time in rather than the product you use.

Engine bays of my past daily drivers, Never really used degreaser as such when I do it's the $2 spray can from Supercheap.

A photo of my BF GT engine bay, used to drive that car to work every day, and looked like this day in day out:

Engine bay in my XB Coupe when it was still driven regularly, ie driven to work at least 2-3 times a week in Sydney traffic, currently getting rebuild:

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 20-11-2016, 05:24 PM   #33
AAXR8

Thumbs up Re: Cleaning the Engine Bay of a BA BOSS 260

[QUOTE=XB GS 351 Coupe;5816087]Any reputable brand will do, they all do the same thing.

It's more about putting the time in rather than the product you use.

Engine bays of my past daily drivers, Never really used degreaser as such when I do it's the $2 spray can from Supercheap.

A photo of my BF GT engine bay, used to drive that car to work every day, and looked like this day in day out:

Nice engine bays also XB 351! Thank you for your advice!
, SCT FLASH TUNED, COLD AIR INTAKE WITH K&N HI FLOW POD FILTER , 4:11 DIFF, HERROD THROTTLE BODY. PEDDERS XTREME-XA COILOVERS
!!
247 RWKW

03 BA XR8 UTE WHITE IN COLOR!

AAXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2016, 11:00 PM   #34
Struggo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth View Post
Damp cloth, elbow grease & time. Never spray your engine bay.
This, you'll also be surprised what baby wipes can remove.
Struggo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-11-2016, 07:52 PM   #35
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

BBQ wipes go well as well, I just use spray detailer and an old T shirt most of the time..

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post