Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-11-2016, 08:47 PM   #61
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Make Carparking Great Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autolite View Post
I did just that in my GT at Repco the other day but there were plenty of other spots available. If Hilux dude had of tried that stunt on me I would've waited for him to get back and probably given him a knuckle sandwich.
Don't have time to buff the paintwork, but you have time to wait around looking for a fight.
Makes sense.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2016, 09:17 PM   #62
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Express View Post
You can afford to do that when your other ride is a flash CLK Merc.
I had to!!................ the Diff wouldn't fit in the boot of the Benz
Old 16-11-2016, 10:22 AM   #63
Autolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver' View Post
I think maybe you're missing the point that you can't know how many people may arrive after you park? If you were sure that it wasn't going to fill up while you were in there, then all you needed to do was to park normally as there would be nothing to worry about as no one would park next to you.

It's all good with me what you did, I get it, but don't pretend that it's not selfish and that the person forced to squeeze into a park next to you deserves to be attacked. Now if the nugget damaged your car, then I'd be backing you up!
The Repco carpark was almost empty which is why I did it. My point was if Hilux guy had of tried that stunt with the many spaces available then that would of got my back up.
I would not take up two if spaces were limited.
Why would i take up two if there were plenty? Because I could bet my house on the next vehicle arriving would be a mum in a SUV full of kids that has 50 spaces available but parks next to me!
Autolite is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2016, 10:41 AM   #64
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autolite View Post
The Repco carpark was almost empty which is why I did it. My point was if Hilux guy had of tried that stunt with the many spaces available then that would of got my back up.
I would not take up two if spaces were limited.
Why would i take up two if there were plenty? Because I could bet my house on the next vehicle arriving would be a mum in a SUV full of kids that has 50 spaces available but parks next to me!

Yes. If you rock up to your local Repco, Bunnings or what have you in the middle of the day and there's hardly anyone around then sweet, take up a couple of spaces. It's only usually a quick trip anyway. If somebody felt the need to be a dick (top of the list generally hiluxes and patrols) and parked in such a way to cause interference then yes its absolutely fair enough that they should be "spoken to". Half the time they're cowards anyway.

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2016, 11:14 AM   #65
jpblue1000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why should anyone provide you with amply sized parking space.
Surely its the prerogative of the business how they paint lines on their paving! If you choose to park there take your chances!
Oh but you cry about standards getting smaller. Actually they seem to have got bigger, of course some may nit be building to standards and that contravenes building codes and can be called out. But who's going to do that! When the internet is there to whinge too.
JP
jpblue1000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2016, 12:15 PM   #66
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInterceptor View Post
Yes. If you rock up to your local Repco, Bunnings or what have you in the middle of the day and there's hardly anyone around then sweet, take up a couple of spaces. It's only usually a quick trip anyway. If somebody felt the need to be a dick (top of the list generally hiluxes and patrols) and parked in such a way to cause interference then yes its absolutely fair enough that they should be "spoken to". Half the time they're cowards anyway.
FM! so many generalisations

How about the other day at Bunnings Ballarat with the XR6 parked in the trailer bay, without a trailer and a half empty carpark!

Dick/coward XR6 drivers, there all the effin same
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 16-11-2016, 01:25 PM   #67
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR-351 View Post
FM! so many generalisations

How about the other day at Bunnings Ballarat with the XR6 parked in the trailer bay, without a trailer and a half empty carpark!

Dick/coward XR6 drivers, there all the effin same
Sorry mate didn't know you have a patrol or hilux!

Wish we had trailer bays in Perth, you're well up the creek if you go to Bunnings here at the wrong time. Just won't happen.
Having said that, parking spaces seem to be getting shorter too, anything more than a corrola and the car is sticking out beyond the line marking.

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2016, 01:52 PM   #68
Silver'
T-Series Club Member Vic

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent write ups on AU technical issues. 

I'm increasingly mystified as to how someone telling a story about a 4wd squeezing into the last space beside someone who was taking up two spaces seemed like a good invitation to tell a story about how furiously one would wave their dicks around should someone do the same thing to them were they taking up two spaces in an empty car park.

And the ones calling them out on it are the "keyboard warriors"???
TE2 #116
Build/Maintenance thread here.
www.fte.ford.com.au lives! 2001 2002
Add a T-series to the Registry HERE
Silver' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 16-11-2016, 02:20 PM   #69
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
I had to!!................ the Diff wouldn't fit in the boot of the Benz
It may not fit in the Merc’s boot but looking at the weight in that diff it would probably also break the back of my Commodore Ute.
Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2016, 06:24 PM   #70
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
I'm increasingly mystified as to how someone telling a story about a 4wd squeezing into the last space beside someone who was taking up two spaces seemed like a good invitation to tell a story about how furiously one would wave their dicks around should someone do the same thing to them were they taking up two spaces in an empty car park.

And the ones calling them out on it are the "keyboard warriors"???
Every other sunday when I lived in rydalmere, I would park over 5 or 6 perpendicular spots in my falcon with the 7m boat trailer (5.8m boat on top) at 6am to bolt into woolies in ermington to get a bag of ice (the frozen water). probably better then backing the boat in to the 90 degree parking and blocking the driveway. That's different. But I suppose it's like people taking up all 3 lanes of a 3 lane boat ramp because they can't reverse straight. With car spots, if you bought the biggest car in the universe, deal with having to shuffle around a bit more to fit evenly between the lines, and if you have the smallest car in the universe and can't park... stop driving
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2016, 07:07 PM   #71
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
I'm increasingly mystified as to how someone telling a story about a 4wd squeezing into the last space beside someone who was taking up two spaces seemed like a good invitation to tell a story
Welcome to the internet...

ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2016, 09:03 PM   #72
CyberWasp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You can always fit your car in. No matter how small they make the spaces.

CyberWasp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 16-11-2016, 09:07 PM   #73
Silver'
T-Series Club Member Vic

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent write ups on AU technical issues. 

Finally! Some practical advice on how to combat the parking space squeeze...
TE2 #116
Old 16-11-2016, 11:02 PM   #74
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

For those who haven't seen it, I think it really does "Make Carparking Great Again..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_kDNjPAjJI

ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2016, 07:31 PM   #75
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorenutt View Post
Council says you must have X amount of spots. Developer wants to maximise their profit. Certifier simply counts the spots & says OK.
Half the bays around here are taken up by pointless 'greenery spaces' (ie a plot full of compost, with no plants in sight)
Old 22-11-2016, 12:05 AM   #76
xr8cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Express View Post
Door dings keep people in jobs.
Not true. Inconsiderate aerosholes cause the dings that make panelbeaters rich!
xr8cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2016, 12:10 AM   #77
xr8cam

Quote:
I can see how they (anyone who's driving a car that attracts excessive repair costs) get that way - but parking like a douche certainly isn't the answer. As well as being highly offensive, in many cases it would attract vandalism.

Hilux guy is a legend!
I drive a 2001 Falcon & was quoted $1500 for a few cosmetic blemishes. If you don't call that excessive repair costs, your earning too much.
Old 22-11-2016, 12:18 AM   #78
xr8cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackf6 View Post
I have just invented.... Inflatable exterior airbags. Park in spot. Get out. Press corresponding button on key fob. Walk away.
Who goes shopping anyway? Women. I just drive to work, then home. I hate shopping.
Last time I checked, going in to a store to buy oil or parts was called 'shopping' just the same as online, and I love it.
Old 22-11-2016, 12:20 AM   #79
Silver'
T-Series Club Member Vic

Default Make Carparking Great Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8cam View Post
I drive a 2001 Falcon & was quoted $1500 for a few cosmetic blemishes. If you don't call that excessive repair costs, your earning too much.
This paint was a $24,750 option, it's the sort of thing that I was referring to as attracting 'excessive' repair costs. Those holograms came free, courtesy of Zagames pre-delivery. (No, not my car!)

Most people don't get it - they think that having $300,000 for a car means that you could easily afford a premium respray. But it ain't so.
TE2 #116

Last edited by Silver'; 22-11-2016 at 12:35 AM.
Old 22-11-2016, 12:30 AM   #80
xr8cam

Many people with $$$ cars don't look after them/ can't afford to maintain them/ lease the cars to begin with. Wealth is pure perception but costs a lot to pull off properly.