Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > F6 Owners Club of Australia

Old 14-11-2009, 10:06 AM   #1
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Default Ideas and suggestions

Hey folks, as was suggested last night during our little mid cruise chat at North Rd I have started up a thread for people to put suggestions of either events or cruise routes that you may know of for everyone in the club to be able to see and discuss.

Like I mentioned, with regard to events or shows that might be coming up try to get as much notice up here as possible, that way if a larger numbher of people wish to attend we can then organise for a section to keep everyone together as sometimes spots have to be booked or organized well before the event.

I did mention Autosalonlast night to which a few of you agreed would be one to try to get to most every year, keep in mind also that with Autosalon the organisers do sometimes invite clubs to interstate events. So I need people to keep this in mind when particularly for something like Salon.

Their are plenty of shows on around this time of year so ye if someone would like to suggest one or two then we can at least check schedules and organize entry for the events.

Travel may stop some from going as some events may be in the country or regional centres, these are often best to go to though as they give you a good chance to hone your detailing, logistical and coordinating skills. I think that we should try a few smaller ones first just to have kind of like a practice run, maybe even just attend a few events first to have a look at what people are doing and how they are presenting their cars and clubs. Things like info boards and the like and the degree of detail that is required for these events.

Also I'd like to see suggestions for possible cruise routes and days out where those with families, wives and partners that would like to join in can, things like Hanging Rock, or even some water fall locations where we could do a cruise up and then maybe a hike around the area so that everyone can get involved in the event. I'd like to have a regular/annual picnic where we can go and have a BBQ and just laze around doing very little apart from bragging about whos looks best and whos is quickest and what not, where the families can get involved in the day.

We're still finding our feet at the moment but I'm sure we will eventually pave a way that everyone will be happy with and happy to attend and help to organise, so let's get thinking about where and what to do especially over the summer months as it's a great excuse just to get out and about.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has suggestions that will be placed here and just keep an eye in mags or online and an ear out when you hear of events. Put them up as early as you can so that we have plenty of time to get a good response from everyone as well as be able to organise entry for the event as some will have cut off dates or maximum numbers of entrants, so being early can be crucial.

Regards
Stef
El Supremo :

XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2009, 10:29 AM   #2
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Actually one that I just thought of is maybe bowling or go out to a pool hall and shoot some pool, both primarily social events with either one possible to turn into a regular thing. If people would be interested we could even join a local league at one of the bowling alleys.

Just a suggestion, but thought I'd see what people think.
Old 21-11-2009, 11:35 AM   #3
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Folks I'd really like to get your input on what activities you'd like to get involved in, whether they be social or more cruise ideas.

The first two I put up were just a suggestion to get the social side of the club going, I figured too much car related things might bore people eventually so why not do something on a more social level. On the plus side these activities could then allow those with families or partners that would like to get involved to be able to do so, seeing as some of the cruises really aren't very family/partner friendly.

Any ideas you might have would be appreciated, I do have some more cruise ideas but as I said I don't want to do too many too soon.

I also wouldn't mind doing a Heathcote T'n'T Sunday, which would of course involve a cruise up as well as putting the cars up against the clock (and each other LOL). This would be a bit more relaxed of course once we got there giving people a chance to either watch the others or go nuts on the track, it's also a good way to hone your launch and gear change skills so the next AFF drag day can be a total F6 domination :

If you're keen maybe we can do this next in the coming weeks, but I need some input from you all so lets see a show of hands for anyone els ekeen to head the Heathcote soon.

I don't want people to think they have no say in what we do and what events or activities we do as a club, I'd really like everyone to feel they have some involvement and be able to throw some new ideas around.

A few of you had some ideas on both our cruises so let's hear them, even if we don't do them now they can always be scheduled for a later time.

It's your club as well folks so have your say. :
Old 23-11-2009, 12:56 AM   #4
XRQTR
TBA Customs

I had mentioned this earlier in another thread but seeing as the Salvo toy cruise to Bendigo is on this weekend and a number of us are already going why not get together and head out for the day.

Having been to the last two in Geelong they are generally a good day with alot of good clean fun.

This time though we have a whole street blocked off from what I know to put on a display as well so we could get the F6s all in a line, nice and shiney.

No need to respond here just put your names down on the list in the Vic events section.
Old 25-11-2009, 12:19 AM   #5
XRQTR
TBA Customs

How about a cruise out to Dromana Drive In for the new movie coming out in early December, Zombie world or land, anyway looks like a ****er with Woody Harrison from Cheers.

It comes out Dec 3rd so maybe make it for the week after if they've got it on there.
Old 26-11-2009, 06:02 PM   #6
FORCED F6
VIC The Place to Boost

Stef as mentioned above and on our last cruise meet up, it all sounds good mate...

Spoke to the other boys and we are all good with it...
The Heathcote TnT is something that we are all looking forward to and wouldn't mind that in the near future before the weather really warms up... So if you could organise that would be great....
Even with the Bendigo Xmas cruise, wouldnt mind that either, it all sounds good mate... Us boys are pretty easy going so whatever event, cruise, get together there is will be there 99% of time mate... Always count me n the boys

I see it this way, spent all this money, time & effort to drive my car and enjoy it... Now with the F6 owners club getting started, it was perfect and a reason for me and the boys to get involved more... Although we do a lot of cruising (almost every weekend & weekdays) this is a real good head start for those wanting to take part... So guys lets hear more responses and speak up.... Want this summer to be an unforgettable memory

Oz,
Old 26-11-2009, 08:54 PM   #7
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Well the final T'n'T for Heathcote this year is on Sunday the 13th of December, after that they have the boxing day challenge if anyone's keen to either enter ro just go and view. The Boxing day challenge gets alot of interest and plenty of nums on seats.

So if you folks want to try out your cars then the 13th is the day.

oh man just checked out Dromana drive in and unfreakinbelievable : two hot movies from the 3rd, one is Paranormal Activity and the other Zombieland.

So a docuhorror followed by a comedy horror, so I rekn that's locked in for Saturday December 5th, I'll be going even if it's on my own hahahaha : : :

So there you have it folks two more events before the end of the year, three if you count this weekend to Bendigo, four if we head up to Heathcote for the Boxing day challenge. Basically an event each weekend till the end of the year, damm I'm good, better actually, so does that make me gooderer or betterest??

I'll get threads going soon unless someone else wants to start them up.
Old 26-11-2009, 10:43 PM   #8
747jet
2 4 turning 2 4 burning

guys if we end up going to dromana for the drive ins we should make a day of it and have a bbq and drinks so we all can talk about the culb.
Old 27-11-2009, 12:32 AM   #9
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Any excuse for a yap ha, bloody unreal, well at least you mentioned drinks, browny points for you, in fact I'm kicking back right now with a double JB'n'Coke, lurrrrrvleyyy :
Old 27-11-2009, 02:08 AM   #10
FORCED F6
VIC The Place to Boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747jet
guys if we end up going to dromana for the drive ins we should make a day of it and have a bbq and drinks so we all can talk about the culb.
Couldnt agree more mate, BBQ and Drinks will go well with talking about the club and getting things started up... But again, would like to hear from all the other guys what they're thoughts are....
Old 27-11-2009, 10:43 AM   #11
SLYF6
BPR TUNED MACHINE

Hear, hear. I totally agree. Would love to catch up of BBQ and drinks.

P.S. Where is everyone starting from this weekend that's going to Bendigo (Calder BP)?

Injectors, K&N filter, 8 psi actuator, Ported turbo housing, Full SS X Force system and tune by the great staff @
Blue Power Racing Developments :eclipsee_
SLYF6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2009, 12:39 PM   #12
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Ye that's the main meet up point for everyone to gather before we all set off on the run to Bendigo, Calder BP outbound.

Ok well then if people are wanting a BBQ as well then we might have to make it an earlier meet up for the Drive In night, more importantly though we need to find a suitable location that's close. I'll have a bit of a look on whereis for some parks, unless maybe a beach side area with BBQ facility.

The other oprion might be something like La Porchetta at Rosebud, either way it's easy enough, if we find somewhere with BBQ facility we can buy the meat, bread, saues and drinks at a local grocery store. Drinks we either bring or just bring an esky that can be used once we buy drinks and ice, I think this might be the easier way so no one is carrying any extra weight or having to worry about tipping an esky full of ice in their boot.

HRH Stef :
Old 02-12-2009, 12:58 AM   #13
FORCED F6
VIC The Place to Boost

What are people's thoughts? There was almost 15 F6's on the first cruise and now no one has any ideas or suggestions to help out with the club...

I mean we had discussed further (myself and Stef) about getting the site organised and other stuff as well, but it all seems like if the members aren't interested in such a club, things should be held back before a lot of the work and commitment is put through... Cos I had an awesome day and im sure most of you guys did also...

So would like to hear what the members want from this club if its all to get started...

Regards,
Oz
Old 04-12-2009, 06:44 PM   #14
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Who's up for a XMAS get together at MG on the 18th, they are doing a Penthouse calender launch that night too, I can organise entry no prob for as many as want to go.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:09 PM   #15
747jet
2 4 turning 2 4 burning

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTR
Who's up for a XMAS get together at MG on the 18th, they are doing a Penthouse calender launch that night too, I can organise entry no prob for as many as want to go.
ahahahahah im there with bells on cool
Old 04-12-2009, 08:13 PM   #16
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Mate you'll be ringing the bells : anything to get their attention ha
Old 17-12-2009, 12:59 AM   #17
747jet
2 4 turning 2 4 burning

Quote:
are we still going on friday night :
Old 08-04-2010, 03:18 PM   #18
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Quote:

Also I'd like to see suggestions for possible cruise routes and days out where those with families, wives and partners that would like to join in can, things like Hanging Rock, or even some water fall locations where we could do a cruise up and then maybe a hike around the area so that everyone can get involved in the event. I'd like to have a regular/annual picnic where we can go and have a BBQ and just laze around doing very little apart from bragging about whos looks best and whos is quickest and what not, where the families can get involved in the day.

Regards
Stef
El Supremo :
Stef,

im happy to take your Girlfriend for a cruise, except it will be in a KENNE BELL V8 which means it will a) be the toughest car there, and b)once she has spent time with me you have little chance of her wanting you back.

Just kidding mate. about the girlfriend thing, everyone knows a blown V8 smokes an F6

Chris

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2010, 12:13 AM   #19
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Slow day dude??
Old 09-04-2010, 07:20 PM   #20
FORCED F6
VIC The Place to Boost

I reckon Stef, he keeps complaining to me about how slow these V8's are compared to the F6's each time I pop around there, but im used to it now
Old 17-05-2010, 04:33 PM   #21
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Time for a new cruise I rekn , any ideas?? I like the one Dave had last time going to the high country, maybe we could do a long one through some twisty country before the snow season starts and the roads are blocked with X5s and MLs.
Old 19-05-2010, 09:58 PM   #22
747jet
2 4 turning 2 4 burning

yeah sounds good but still waiting for parts from ford on backorder not happy. let you know when im back on track.
Old 20-05-2010, 12:48 AM   #23
IQUIK6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747jet
yeah sounds good but still waiting for parts from ford on backorder not happy. let you know when im back on track.
hey dave what parts r u waiting for.... i can get some parts if u need? let me know
IQUIK6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2010, 12:54 AM   #24
FORCED F6
VIC The Place to Boost

Yeh whats been happening with your car dave? Haven't seen you around in some time now... Hope all is well..
Old 26-05-2010, 10:07 PM   #25
747jet
2 4 turning 2 4 burning

not much just slack cars been sitting from all ford day. just getting my bum in to gear and get the car back on the road.
Old 27-07-2010, 10:44 PM   #26
XRQTR
TBA Customs

OI YOU

YE YOU

Maaaan I dissapear for a few weeks and people are in mourning LOL, well get off the black arm bands and get the brains in gear, time to get a cruise organised fellas, and ladies (if we have any LOL).

I'll be texting those of you whose numbers I have to get some ideas up, I'm thinking of a long one through the mountains, maybe a weekender/overnighter if anyones up for it.

Regards
Stef
Old 29-07-2010, 08:42 PM   #27
FORCED F6
VIC The Place to Boost

Dont think its looking too good as this stage Stef...
I sold my car, Frank sold his, Paul cant drive for a another 3months, another member has sold there car as well and another we aren't in contact with anymore...
Old 10-01-2011, 10:44 AM   #28
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Hope you all had a great New Years, who's keen to head out on a cruise sometime at the end of Feb or early mid March??

The weather would still be quite nice at this time and we could maybe head out to the mountain roads through Bright and the alpine region. Anyway just a thought at this point wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts or other ideas.
Old 14-01-2011, 08:18 PM   #29
FORCED F6
VIC The Place to Boost

I would be up for it, will be in someone else's car though... As long as its on a weekend...
FORCED F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2011, 11:39 AM   #30
XRQTR
TBA Customs

Ye mate thinking about a weekend, maybe a long weekend, everyone seems to be seeling there cars LOL even Dave just swapped up to an FG, how's your search going??