Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Race Brakes Sydney

Race Brakes Sydney Street and race performance pad / rotor combinations as well as brake upgrades and Exedy clutch kits. Website Link

Old 20-12-2022, 06:22 PM   #1
akubraman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default SZ2 Territory (Petrol) Brake improvement.

Hi. Looking for advice on improving my braking performance. I am very gentle on brakes but want immediate bite for emergency town situations and reduced stopping distance when occasionally towing a 6 x 4 trailer in the country. I have Bilstein shocks done by Sydney Shocks, who also put in raised King Springs front and rear. I was thinking of the Bendix Ultimate pads suv but don't want any noise with slotted rotors. I was considering longer braided lines but Sydney Shocks said it didn't need longer lines and they have been correct so far. I occasionally take the vehicle off road. What would you recommend, and what would your price be? It would be front and rear rotors and pads. Thanks. Jeff
Old 09-01-2023, 10:09 AM   #2
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Default Re: SZ2 Territory (Petrol) Brake improvement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akubraman View Post
Hi. Looking for advice on improving my braking performance. I am very gentle on brakes but want immediate bite for emergency town situations and reduced stopping distance when occasionally towing a 6 x 4 trailer in the country. I have Bilstein shocks done by Sydney Shocks, who also put in raised King Springs front and rear. I was thinking of the Bendix Ultimate pads suv but don't want any noise with slotted rotors. I was considering longer braided lines but Sydney Shocks said it didn't need longer lines and they have been correct so far. I occasionally take the vehicle off road. What would you recommend, and what would your price be? It would be front and rear rotors and pads. Thanks. Jeff
Immediate bite and no noise isn't something we can guarantee sorry and not something i think anyone could guarantee you.
We have seen a fair share of complaints with the Bendix brake pads and other brands as there isn't a lot of performance options in that pad shape.
Maybe you will have to buy the Bendix and try them for yourself to see as you will get mixed feedback from each person. The DBA XP pads work well and are dusty but may give some light noise as we have had mixed results with that in feedback. The Project Mu pads are really good but when you go from street use to performance use then that is when you start to take a bit of a risk with noise. In many cases it wont be a issue and you may have no issues but it is a possibility.
The disc rotors we recommend are the DBA T3 4000 series.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-01-2023, 11:05 AM   #3
akubraman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thank you for your reply Matt. What about longer braided lines? Are they worth considering in my situation, and if so can you supply them? Jeff
Old 13-01-2023, 12:11 PM   #4
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by akubraman View Post
Thank you for your reply Matt. What about longer braided lines? Are they worth considering in my situation, and if so can you supply them? Jeff
I wouldn't be to concerned with braided lines but it is an option and can be made. I am unsure if i have the specs to make them,we use Goodridge lines.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 28-05-2023, 09:42 PM   #5
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Territory Turbo rotors and upgraded calibers will fit on the SZ Territory. The Territory Turbo rotors are 340mm versus the 322mm stock Territory from memory.

Another option and worth a look at imo.
Old 29-05-2023, 11:18 AM   #6
akubraman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
Territory Turbo rotors and upgraded calibers will fit on the SZ Territory. The Territory Turbo rotors are 340mm versus the 322mm stock Territory from memory.

Another option and worth a look at imo.
Thanks Romulus. I currently run AT tyres on 17 inch rims for occasional off road trips. Would the turbo options you mentioned above still work? Jeff
Old 04-06-2023, 10:24 PM   #7
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think you'll need 18" wheels minimum Jeff.