Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 13-08-2019, 09:16 PM   #1111
Sar4890
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
any photos or videos, you are a nasty tease man,
I didnt take any unfortunately. I believe they are on the Pichi Richi Railways FB page and im sure some of it will end up on YouTube
Sar4890 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-08-2019, 10:47 AM   #1112
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have to do the Pichi Richi one day
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2019, 04:50 PM   #1113
Sar4890
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You should the road between Port Augusta and Quorn isnt a bad drive in the good weather plenty of classic cars do it.

Last edited by Sar4890; 14-08-2019 at 05:15 PM.
Sar4890 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2019, 04:56 PM   #1114
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Today my father had a follow up meeting with the surgeon who performed the TURBT procedure on his bladder. The cancer was analyzed and was classified as a non-aggressive tumor.

Praise the Lord!

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 15-08-2019, 07:11 PM   #1115
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Survived a near miss in Povo, SUV pulled out from a side street without looking while I was approaching at about 55km/h. Less than 100mm clearance as I sailed past his nose with wheels locked and tyres smoking. Yes, I’ve got comp but that’s beside the point...

And got a free diagnosis on a smartphone, told it was all fine and just the apps/settings draining it quickly - no issues with battery health. Could have sold me a $120 genuine battery if they’d wanted but said it was unethical in this circumstance.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2019, 08:44 PM   #1116
.:4:.
Kicking back

Had a productive day. Crap in some regards. That rib i cracked last week was healing well, but back to square 1 with that. My manager was my set of hands today, and by that i mean he sat in my car on his laptop. However, i did get my way eventually. So we were arguing like a married couple because id killed 8 normal drill bits that are cheap on trying to drill the head off 1 seized stainless screw. And i had another 3 to go. I wont get into what the argument was, but i got my way, and damn, whilst rediculously expensive as singles, cobolt drill bits are amazing. 8 new standard hss drill bits and 2 hours for no result. 2 minutes with the cobalt bit. Im not an idiot, i bought 4 to be safe, but the 1 i used on all the seized stainless stuff is still deadly sharp. Tomorrow i will be very sore, but thats tomorrow.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 17-08-2019, 07:41 PM   #1117
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Went full time at a project I have only been with a short while...

Might just be my last gig till I retire

Here's hoping!
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 18-08-2019, 03:46 PM   #1118
Kicking back

Well, im absolutely knackerd, not from the work i did this morning around the house. That alone made the chainsaw i bought yesterday pay for itself. Anyrate, the lady next door borrowed the ute from her work and her and her son, whos a mate of mine, were loading up the soft wood sections of the old fence. Half of that is mine so i gave a hand. I know she has some trees she wants down, and i said i now have a chainsaw. She asks if ill off the tree limb that leans on the new fence in the wind and creaks on my granny flat. I was happy to help, but not do the job on my own. So i gave my mate a crash course on the chain brake. So he was on the roof of my granny flat chopping down whatever small stuff he could reach, but the top section was too tall to section. Not to worry, i grabbed the 30m rope out of my boat so tied that on and tge big section fell away from people and property. The rest wasnt bad at all. So next door set off to empty their ute and i took 5 for a well deserved beer. Didnt get far into it. The phone rings. Its my mate from next door. A tree had fallen down at his mums work blocking the driveway. Can i bring over the chainsaw. So the lady next door had already taken photos and sent them to the boss, so come monday she will be looking really good at work for that. So as it is what you do, i helped cut that thing down. So the thing i bought yesterday is into its 3rd tank of fuel and second tank of bar oil. Its had a workout. But my yard is looking good, next doors yard is looking good also. Its a colborative effort but it shows. So i wasnt planning for a day of pretty solid labour, but a lot has been done. Going pub with my mate next door later. Stepping through the door will feel great.
2 users like this post:
Old 18-08-2019, 07:53 PM   #1119
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

I went shopping, everyone feels good when they go shopping right....with someone else's money..

Amart Furniture had some extremely good deals going which ended today so the eldest lad who's in the middle of a house build suggested we go looking for some new furniture to fill it.
Managed to fit the whole house out with new furniture for a little under $4k, 3 seater lounge with recliners, coffee table, entertainment unit, 4 seat dining package, black leather look queen bedroom suite and quality pillow top mattress.

The Wife and I had been discussing what to get him as a house warming gift and as he'd decided to buy all the inside furniture himself, we decided to get him something for outside, so what do you give someone for outside as a house warming gift...a patio heater, but not just any patio heater, one of those rendered look cubes with smoked glass top and gas burner with glass beads.
Went to Bunnings as i'd seen them for sale there around 12 months ago but couldn't find them on their web site, turns out they're a discontinued line but as luck would have it they had one left in its box covered with dust and a price tag of $279, I thought that must be a mistake as I remember them being advertised around $7-800, asked an assistant to confirm the price which came back at $279 end of line and I couldn't get my wallet out quick enough.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 18-08-2019, 08:03 PM   #1120
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
I went shopping, everyone feels good when they go shopping right....with someone else's money..

Amart Furniture had some extremely good deals going which ended today so the eldest lad who's in the middle of a house build suggested we go looking for some new furniture to fill it.
Managed to fit the whole house out with new furniture for a little under $4k, 3 seater lounge with recliners, coffee table, entertainment unit, 4 seat dining package, black leather look queen bedroom suite and quality pillow top mattress.

The Wife and I had been discussing what to get him as a house warming gift and as he'd decided to buy all the inside furniture himself, we decided to get him something for outside, so what do you give someone for outside as a house warming gift...a patio heater, but not just any patio heater, one of those rendered look cubes with smoked glass top and gas burner with glass beads.
Went to Bunnings as i'd seen them for sale there around 12 months ago but couldn't find them on their web site, turns out they're a discontinued line but as luck would have it they had one left in its box covered with dust and a price tag of $279, I thought that must be a mistake as I remember them being advertised around $7-800, asked an assistant to confirm the price which came back at $279 end of line and I couldn't get my wallet out quick enough.
Thats a win and also a sick housewarming gift.
2 users like this post:
Old 18-08-2019, 08:29 PM   #1121
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

Serviced a Delica today. Strange car. Drives unusually well.

Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A
arronm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 18-08-2019, 08:44 PM   #1122
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

4m40T?
Old 18-08-2019, 08:50 PM   #1123
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

4cyl turbo diesel

Xtreme Ford Tuning

Old 18-08-2019, 09:06 PM   #1124
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by arronm View Post
4cyl turbo diesel
2.8 or something?
Old 18-08-2019, 10:02 PM   #1125
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

yep....

Xtreme Ford Tuning

Old 18-08-2019, 10:08 PM   #1126
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

That’s the 4M40T.

My impression is, it’s a bit sensitive to the right oil and good oil pressure. A lot of aftermarket bearings can be had! But the Delica is a surprisingly docile package.
Old 18-08-2019, 10:09 PM   #1127
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Overheating or cracked head? Or both?
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2019, 07:44 PM   #1128
Kicking back

Absolutely killed it on a job i looked at last week today. So there were 2 big unknowns and just to complete the standard recipe for a stichup, my ute was in for a recall so i only had the basics in another van and the bloke giving me a hand also only had his basics as he is in a rental van at the moment. So the walkthrough before hand all i said was for this and that i dont know, we will work it out at the time. But got really lucky on both. Labour on quotes like this is the killer if it blows out. Cable is cheap in comparrison. I didnt allow any time if anything didnt go my way so i spent my 8 hours on the job, the 8 allowed for an offsider, he left after 5. Id allowed 115m each for the 3 cables, it was 105m, so not exactly any profit in that, but i got it pretty right. Not having a kitted out car is where i thought it would stitch me up. Even though for an express van my old van is running really well, i deffinately dont miss that noisy tin can. Was happy to be back in the ranger for the drive home.
Old 19-08-2019, 08:12 PM   #1129
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
Overheating or cracked head? Or both?
Nah, they have a lot of wearing surfaces and consistency of lubrication is paramount. Large bores with squirters, the oil pump is gear driven and also spins two balance shafts, turbo oil feed a bit on the shy side from what I’ve seen too. Underlubricated, they will pick up bearing metal in the balance shafts and unravel from there.

The model to get is the fully lux with “Crystal Lite” roof.
Old 22-08-2019, 11:08 AM   #1130
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Home for another week

No speeding tickets coming home again
Old 22-08-2019, 05:32 PM   #1131
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Learning that Gillette made a loss this year:

https://www.news.com.au/finance/busi...3711dcf7c30e5e

Proctor & Gamble are trying to brush it off as a result of more men wearing beards. However it is clear that the backlash to Gillette's commercial this year making men feel guilty for being men had a big impact. Other manufacturers of shaving products have not seen similar falls in revenue in 2019.

I was a user of Gillette razors for 30+ years but no more. It is now Schick for me.

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides
Old 22-08-2019, 05:59 PM   #1132
Kicking back

I had a good laugh today. Dunno what made me think to pull this one, but i pulled the oldest prank in the cable running book on my collegue today. So we had 240m of fibre to run through pits to link 2 buildings. We had a 240m roll of fibre. The last bit getting to the last rack i was feeding the cable, there was about 10m excess, but i had my collegue in the next room pulling and on the phone. With heaps left i grabbed it and said thats it, ill give you a hand with the next bit. He starts swearing his head off thinking its 5m too short. To the point he more or less said to me next time i look at a job open my eyes. By then i just started laughing. So we pulled the last 15m in. He told me i full on had him thinking it was too short and he was stressing. He should know by now i like to keep people on their toes. The next job he looks at like that job, ill try and pull the same one on him, but if he has learnt anything, he will come back and look before losing his ****.
Old 24-08-2019, 03:16 PM   #1133
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Fitted Brembo's to the Rio :p
Old 24-08-2019, 05:41 PM   #1134
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Last night, arriving home from work and finding my dog shaking and in distress and a rushed trip to the vet certainly didn't make me feel good. A follow up trip to the vet today and some relieving news to know he will be ok certainly made me feel good today.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 24-08-2019, 10:34 PM   #1135
Kicking back

Slept in today, and had nothing to do. My list of important things to do is all ticked off. So for lack of anything better to do i attacked the eventually list. Fixed, well, braced the rotted and busted boards on my deck. Results right there. Trimmed bits and stuff involving my favourite thing at the moment. Kicking goals
2 users like this post:
Old 26-08-2019, 11:12 PM   #1136
Kicking back

This was yesterday, but anyhow. My mate said ok to heading down to the slot car track. I have 2 cars, both stock except tyres. Only payed $10 per head for half an hour. Only a few minutes in i asked because i noticed the boredom, did you notice the lap timer? So righto, i got i to slot cars when i only had 1 functional hand, lack of anyrhing better to do. Anyrate my mate started to get into the whole push the limit thing. Clearly going slow the car wont fall off the track. So the reason i keep 2 stock cars is just for healthy competition. My kid enjoys it, others if they rent a stock car its all even. No greater reason then even competition. So yeah, the competition picked up a bit when times and bragging rights became apparent. So the half an hour was up, my mate had warmed up to the easy task but more difficult challenge of pushing limits, the guy running the place threw 2 weighted modified cars our way for a few laps. Its not my first time running a proper modified slot car. Yes they make a world of difference over a stock scaletrix car. Dropped 2 seconds on the first lap feeling the thing out kind of difference. My mate made the minor mistake, ive done it before, and got in a conversation with the track owner which is a minimum half an hour. Now, after half an hour track time my mate wants to buy a chassis and modify the thing. I keep things stock for healthy competition. I slayed yesterday in both stock cars and the modified loaners. I dont want to, but if my mate buys a chassis to modify, once he cuts faster times then me, maybe ill have to buy 2 and make sure my 10 year old puts him in his place.....
Old 26-08-2019, 11:37 PM   #1137
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 

A lady at work forced her 9yo (and since I've got a 21yo and 23yo myself I can pretty well judge ages) to say hello to me. WTF. Funny enough (for me) to feel good today though.

Oh, that was sooo long ago, I didn't feel it for long.
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2019, 09:13 PM   #1138
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Nice to get outside and do some stuff today; the pox is finally wearing off and weather superb.
Old 31-08-2019, 06:02 PM   #1139
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Springvale White Eagles lost today which means they will be relegated to the third tier of the National Premier Leagues of Victoria.

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides
Old 01-09-2019, 12:10 PM   #1140
roKWiz
Cabover nut

First day of Spring.
A lovely morning walk and viewed lots of wildflowers.
Happy Spring.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post: