Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 23-08-2019, 06:11 PM   #2851
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Probably as hard as putting your foot on the clutch AND the brake when jumping in.
I wouldnt consider it unusual to put the handbrake on when parked. Often it can be refered to as the parking brake. So its just an out of habbit thing i do. Same as even if i parked it and left it in first, i still check what gear its in. Same as if someone else has driven it. I dont like change,
Although a few years back, my mate lent his van to an apprentice for a wholesaler run. My mate is one of those who leaves it in neutral, so clearly he cant be trusted. The apprenti parked the van, and left it in 1st as a trustworthy person does. My mate reached through the window to start it to get the ac cranking. It started alright. In 1st, and rolled into a building. It was hilarious. My mate was hating life at that point.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 23-08-2019, 06:22 PM   #2852
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Post of the day!^^
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 23-08-2019, 06:40 PM   #2853
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Probably as hard as putting your foot on the clutch AND the brake when jumping in.
Speaking of clutches,
Came down from Beechworth yesterday (downhill with lots of bends and gear changing) in me old Trader loaded with 11 granite steps, got into the driveway of where I'm staying and boom blew the hydro clutch slave hose.
I hated that
but I guess I could have posted this in what made me feel good, as I did make it back and its now fixed. Enzed made me a new one.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 24-08-2019, 07:43 PM   #2854
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Flaming “Adult Chicken Pox”. Itches, festers, burns and stings; these are some of my least favourite things.

This is a form of torture outlawed by the United Nations, surely?

I strongly urge anyone who’s not immune to get vaccinated.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2019, 08:02 AM   #2855
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Remind me to wear my Hazmat suit when I come to Sydney in Spring.

Old 26-08-2019, 06:08 PM   #2856
Kicking back

This one happens to me at work often enough, but i still hate when it does. I hate when clients flat out lie. Got called out for a workstation in an office with no power. My first question is always has anybody spilt anything. The contact says no. The circuit wouldnt reset so going through the processes you go through i started pulling apart the soft wiring and sure enough, the outlet under the desk of the bloke i spoke to was full of coffee. I charge per hour so the time i wasted i get paid for, but had he just said so in the first place it would have saved me half an hour. I dunno of this guy thought he was in trouble or what, but flat out lying just annoys me. And the age old excuse is always 'but i cleaned that up'. My reaponse is always 'no you didnt'.
Old 27-08-2019, 04:37 PM   #2857
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Irritating ongoing discussion with part-time colleague, conducted mainly by text due to illness.

He: I’m really worried about the oil pressure in this rebuild.
Me: But you checked all the clearances, oil pump was good, pickup is OK and nothing else was changed.

He: Yep, plastigaged it, all spot on. Nothing else was changed. Oh, I did replace one banjo bolt.
Me: Turbo oil feed banjo?
He: Yep.

[Paused for weekend.]

Me: Did the original bolt have a restrictor?
He: Don’t know. Lost it.
Me: Why not try a restrictor bolt and see?
He: I was thinking of just blanking off the turbo oil feed for five minutes from cold, shouldn’t hurt the turbo bearings, and put a mechanical gauge on it.

Me: See this data, it shows a 1.8 restrictor for plain bearing turbo cartridges like you put in.

[Today]

Me: Did you try your oil pressure check?
He: No.
Me: Should I order you a restrictor bolt?
He: I need to think about it.
Old 31-08-2019, 07:17 PM   #2858
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

I had my Ranger serviced on Tuesday.

Two days later I receiced a missed call and a message from the dealer asking wanting to check to "everything went ok with my recent service" and could I please call back. Two attempts to return the call later that day I and going to a message bank, I gave up. On Friday, I again received a missed call, again two attempts to return the call. The fifth time I left a message telling I was returning the service departments call. Last nigh at 11pm I received a text message - "Hi, we called to check everything went well with your recent service. Should you have any concerns or feedback, please call......"
I then today received a email requesting feedback.

Ok, so I didn't have any concerns about my recent service, but I do now. Poke the hornets nest so many times, you will get a corresponding and appropriate response. I was more than happy to give positive feedback but the late night text message was the final straw.

Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-09-2019, 08:38 PM   #2859
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

When you are filling in an online form and as soon as you put the cursor in the field and start typing an email address, phone number or credit card number and you get the message in red - "Sorry, you must enter a valid (whatever you are entering)".

How bout you left me bloody finish???

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 11-09-2019, 03:14 AM   #2860
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Too cocksure for my own good.

Have launched back into the fence job I started just before chicken pox ironed me out (into the fourth week now and still vague/fevered, just no longer spotty) and in the enforced downtime my palings started to do their own thing. It means when you nail them up, you often need to put a clamp on them and tap with a scrap of wood and the hammer to take out sideways bowing.

Anyway, I’ve pinned the top of a paling with about a 20mm sideways wonk in it, clamped the middle to the rail and started bullying it straight. Coming along nicely, got my vertical gap from 20mm down to about 7mm in the centre. Told myself “one more hit and I’ll live with the result”.

A good sharp blow and CRACK! The mongrel split heavily on a knot, ruining the paling.
Old 11-09-2019, 08:32 PM   #2861
Kicking back

I was packing my car this arvo, my day was done, and i get a call. 'On your way out, swing past kennards artarmon and pick up a cherrypicker'. Artarmon is deffinately not on my way home from brookvale. So yes i did the favour and got the lift. Im the only one at work with a work car who lives in a house so i can park the trailer on my driveway, so thats why they ask me. So im dropping the trailer off to another bloke tomorrow at 6am, exept his van cannot tow anywhere near 1.85T. Maybe to shuffle the lift around, but again its going to be my problem to take the thing back. Ill be charging for the drop off and return. It would make more sense just giving me that job to start with, but i have a few jobs booked in that i always get thrown. Control wiring and stuff. Now i like control wiring, but i have the same job description as everyone else, and what i hate is, when it comes to anything nobody else is any good at, work dont bother getting up them for not being capable of doing their job. They just throw the lot on whoever is good at whatever the task is. So tomorrow im part bloody courier, then have real work to do. And im only back at work to keep occupied as i have a bit going on right now. So im doing them the favour by turning up.
Old 11-09-2019, 08:48 PM   #2862
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
I was packing my car this arvo, my day was done, and i get a call. 'On your way out, swing past kennards artarmon and pick up a cherrypicker'. Artarmon is deffinately not on my way home from brookvale. So yes i did the favour and got the lift. Im the only one at work with a work car who lives in a house so i can park the trailer on my driveway, so thats why they ask me. So im dropping the trailer off to another bloke tomorrow at 6am, exept his van cannot tow anywhere near 1.85T. Maybe to shuffle the lift around, but again its going to be my problem to take the thing back. Ill be charging for the drop off and return. It would make more sense just giving me that job to start with, but i have a few jobs booked in that i always get thrown. Control wiring and stuff. Now i like control wiring, but i have the same job description as everyone else, and what i hate is, when it comes to anything nobody else is any good at, work dont bother getting up them for not being capable of doing their job. They just throw the lot on whoever is good at whatever the task is. So tomorrow im part bloody courier, then have real work to do. And im only back at work to keep occupied as i have a bit going on right now. So im doing them the favour by turning up.
yeh i don't see the problem, you have a company car capable of doing the job and they don't, charge them the overtime and get the machine or leave early one day.

im the only one in the team that currently has a ewp cert, got better thing to do in front of a computer to do on friday but im driving that bad boi.

re what you are good at - i have 12 carpenters and i issue them tasks based on what they can do, no point asking a bloke to hang a door that i know can't or hates to.
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2019, 09:50 PM   #2863
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
And im only back at work to keep occupied as i have a bit going on right now. So im doing them the favour by turning up.
I'm sure the company appreciates you taking time out from your busy social calender.
Old 11-09-2019, 09:53 PM   #2864
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Cranium View Post
yeh i don't see the problem, you have a company car capable of doing the job and they don't, charge them the overtime and get the machine or leave early one day.

im the only one in the team that currently has a ewp cert, got better thing to do in front of a computer to do on friday but im driving that bad boi.

re what you are good at - i have 12 carpenters and i issue them tasks based on what they can do, no point asking a bloke to hang a door that i know can't or hates to.
Mate, its just silly work are getting me to do the courier thing with the lift. It would save labour costs if i just did the job. Ewp licences isn't an issue. The bloke im dropping off to has one, as do I, but the other stuff im off to do tomorrow isnt exactly rocket surgery. It might take me say 2 minutes, and the next bloke 2 minutes to work it out then 3 minutes to get it sorted. Its basic timers and relays. Work know im only back to keep occupied and my heads not in it. They know im not looking for the overtime and 1 phone call and ill be off again. If that call happens tomorrow, then maybe it will be either my manager or my boss who takes the lift back. For myself if that doesnt happen, yeah i get paid, but im not looking to do 10 hour days at the moment. And that will be the case.
Old 11-09-2019, 09:54 PM   #2865
Kicking back

Quote:
I'm sure the company appreciates you taking time out from your busy social calender.
Its not a social calender. My dad died.
Old 11-09-2019, 09:57 PM   #2866
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 

Mine died when I was 7yo. Geez, I hate that.
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2019, 01:45 PM   #2867
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Its not a social calender. My dad died.
Sorry to hear that. my condolences to you.

Old 12-09-2019, 06:24 PM   #2868
Kicking back

Ahh, just my luck with that lift i dropped off today. The bloke i dropped it to isnt confident reversing a trailer and 1 street light was in an odd spot so i did him the favour of backing it in. So he went up but was just a tad too far off. Packed it up and moved it. Put the legs back down and of course, the bucket controls were dead. So he spent an hour on the phone to kennards and i was trying whatever they said with no results. So we were about to put it back on my car and i went for one more round of fiddle with everything. Turns out the dead man switch for the outriggers wasnt returning. So yes it was running again, but no the job didnt get done. As requested by my boss upon returning the lift i explained the fault and also how they screwed us over. They did knock half off the rental, and next rental is half price, but that still means i have to park another lift at my house over night and deliver it again.
Old 13-09-2019, 01:43 PM   #2869
lra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Supermarket self checkouts, where you have to decipher what fruit and veges you have collected, being told by ‘friendly’ computer voice to bag your purchase, and items that won’t scan …………...

and …………..

Standing behind somebody who has bought a huge trolley load if items, and I have a hand basket. (What happened to the fast lane checkout).
That somebody is then asked if they have a rewards card. Of course they do, it is somewhere in their hand bag/wallet, just have to find it. After scanning rewards card, they are asked if they are collecting the latest ‘plastic toy collectable’, and then have to have that explained to them.
Finally get to payment time, and again it is a search in handbag/wallet for EFTPOS card, which won’t work because it is inserted/scanned, upside down/back to front, or wrong card PIN.
lra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-09-2019, 02:11 PM   #2870
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lra View Post
Supermarket self checkouts, where you have to decipher what fruit and veges you have collected, being told by ‘friendly’ computer voice to bag your purchase, and items that won’t scan …………...

and …………..

Standing behind somebody who has bought a huge trolley load if items, and I have a hand basket. (What happened to the fast lane checkout).
That somebody is then asked if they have a rewards card. Of course they do, it is somewhere in their hand bag/wallet, just have to find it. After scanning rewards card, they are asked if they are collecting the latest ‘plastic toy collectable’, and then have to have that explained to them.
Finally get to payment time, and again it is a search in handbag/wallet for EFTPOS card, which won’t work because it is inserted/scanned, upside down/back to front, or wrong card PIN.
Umm use a human, plus it gives someone a job..
five 7 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2019, 02:33 PM   #2871
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

recently went to supermarket and thought should try coles, over $300 (big shopping) and they closed the checkout girl and self service was offered. I suggested they get young lady back.
They refused
So started unloading onto self service, 4 trolleys, 2 full, 2 empty reading for loading, stuff spread all over then loudly said, 'stuff this if you cant have staff doing this for me I'll go elsewhere' and walked out. Naughty I know but dang it fely good.
Old 13-09-2019, 05:38 PM   #2872
lra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
That is precisely why I refuse to use self check-outs.
When they start to offer 10% > 20% discounts for doing it yourself, I'll think about it.
lra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-09-2019, 08:15 AM   #2873
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
Problem with humans is they like to talk to much and not scan fast enough.
(unlike Aldi)

Old 14-09-2019, 08:44 AM   #2874
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Problem with humans is they like to talk to much and not scan fast enough.
(unlike Aldi)

Love Aldi. I always race the scanning man
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2019, 08:54 AM   #2875
Lunch
Wait, what?

KMart self service check outs are the worst, they give you about 3 seconds after scanning item to put it down on the pressure plate or you get the “please place items in the bagging area” bull 5417 and if you bump an already placed item, the system has a seizure and you’re stuck waiting for the muppet with the override card to correct the derailment while looking at you like you’re on the spectrum....
Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 14-09-2019, 10:25 AM   #2876
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunch View Post
KMart self service check outs are the worst, they give you about 3 seconds after scanning item to put it down on the pressure plate or you get the “please place items in the bagging area” bull 5417 and if you bump an already placed item, the system has a seizure and you’re stuck waiting for the muppet with the override card to correct the derailment while looking at you like you’re on the spectrum....
I think we all know the two most obvious answers here.

Don't shop at K-Mart (K-Mart sucks...Rain Man)
Don't use self serve.

Old 14-09-2019, 01:01 PM   #2877
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunch View Post
And half of the checkout stations are "out of order"
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2019, 02:32 PM   #2878
Fed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

$99.xx for 50 grams of tobacco yesterday wtf
Fed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2019, 03:21 PM   #2879
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed View Post
$99.xx for 50 grams of tobacco yesterday wtf
Probably find that even at $200/pk the D***s will still smoke the stinkng stuff
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2019, 03:32 PM   #2880
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
recently went to supermarket and thought should try coles, over $300 (big shopping) and they closed the checkout girl and self service was offered. I suggested they get young lady back.
They refused
So started unloading onto self service, 4 trolleys, 2 full, 2 empty reading for loading, stuff spread all over then loudly said, 'stuff this if you cant have staff doing this for me I'll go elsewhere' and walked out. Naughty I know but dang it fely good.
Not naughty at all, I have done this several times, I literally handed the trolley to the person manning the self serve check out and walked out.

I have also insisted on someone scanning all my items, and usually they do it for you.

If I wanted to scan groceries I would have gotten a job in a supermarket, and that's not being derogatory, as I have worked in a supermarket in the past and so has my wife.

The other one is simply use the 12 items or less check out with your full trolley if no other check outs are available.

They are trying to train us like monkeys and most people are obliging.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post: