Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 30-10-2005, 03:24 PM   #1
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

Default Do i need to wear Holden shirt at auto shops now ?

Went to Repco and Supercheap today, hunting for a few things, and both places when i walk in and around the shop, i got a hard time for wearing a Ford shirt, young **** at Supermurph auto says 'man you should be in a holden shirt man, we sponsor holdens' , i am like riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, they didnt have what i was after, as usual.
Went into repco, found the stuff i wanted, waited a bit over 5 mins for the doofus behind the counter to stop talking to his mate to serve me, no 'oh sorry about the wait' or 'how are ya champ', i got 'matey wearin a ford shirt here, dont ya know repco have a Holden supercar' , i just nodded and didnt say anything paid for my goods, and left.
I am not having a go at Holden fans, i just think its so unprofessional, and if i had the time today i would have had a word to both their managers.
:

Old 30-10-2005, 03:34 PM   #2
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Tell em both to **** off and go to Bursons.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 03:49 PM   #3
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
Tell em both to **** off and go to Bursons.
Go to Bursons! And write their managers a polite note as to why you now go to Bursons, and will be recommending to all your friend and assosiates to go elsewhere too!
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 04:05 PM   #4
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Besides, the people at Bursons have more of a clue than rip every poor.......off and Supercrap put together.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 04:09 PM   #5
aimzes
...fairly odd

i just treat them like s**t. i act like im rudest c**t ever to walk through that door. thats only after they have treated me like s**t first.

does anyone remember the "mycar" auto shops? went in there for some wheel nuts. they ummed and ahhhed and said "we dont actually stock much much stuff to suit falcons,its more for holden"

i didnt say anything, just walked out.
Old 30-10-2005, 04:19 PM   #6
max^power
Formerly au^ute

I think your first mistake was going to those shops in the first place, but that’s wrong for them to say that though, certainly write a letter and complain. Make sure to say the same of the attendant if you remember, the time and the date it happened. I would even go as far as writing a letter to the head office of those stores. That way you’re more than likely to get a better reaction.

I remember a few years ago I waited about 5 mins for help from a bloke at Target because he was talking to his buds. So asked for his manager at the counter and explained the situation then and there, when the guy offered his help, I politely told him to shove the stuff I wanted up his butt hole and have never set foot in Target since.

Business is competitive, and this kind of treatment shouldn’t be tolerated by anyone. It sure as hell wouldn’t be tolerated by any GM that wanted his business to survive! Complain to the right people and heads will roll.
max^power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 04:25 PM   #7
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
Besides, the people at Bursons have more of a clue than rip every poor.......off and Supercrap put together.
hahahahaha, i'd never heard of repco spelled out like that before rob!

thats a ****er
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 04:28 PM   #8
HQ2VY

agreed. very poor form and bad manners from both places.
HQ2VY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 04:29 PM   #9
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

REPCO- Recommended every part comes off
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 04:31 PM   #10
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Were these guys actually serious or just doing it in a light-hearted manner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 04:33 PM   #11
XRated
Shoot.

I'm not trying to start a 5hit fight here, but I also get ****ed off when you get your typical VN driver with Clubby wheels and HRT seat covers has a go at someone for having a Ford when he knows stuff all about cars. I know these guys working in the above examples should probably keep their mouths shut to customers, but writing a letter of complaint for a playful dig - don't you think it's a bit overboard? May be they are trying to be light-hearted and funny? I hate both stores as much as the next guy, but I'm just after opinions and different views regarding this type of situation.

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 04:37 PM   #12
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In response to the Holden sponsorship comments by the staff at these stores - should have said - "That's <insert store name's> mistake for wasting their money sponsoring an inferior car

Another method would be to wait a reasonable amount of time, say a minute for the worker to finish his sentence to his mate and notice you, if they see you and ignore you then just leave the stuff there and walk out without saying anything. If they are standing there doing nothing except talking to their co-workers/mates while it's clear you are waiting to be served for a few minutes, they clearly aren't doing their job and deserve to lose the sale or get in trouble for it. If they are busy actually working and this causes a delay for you, some patience from you is to be expected.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.

Last edited by pauljh74; 30-10-2005 at 04:48 PM.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 04:44 PM   #13
big_pete
Sublime

oh man, theres some whingers on here.

roll with the punches i say, what do you expect from these teenage no nothings working at these stores....
Old 30-10-2005, 04:45 PM   #14
max^power
Formerly au^ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRated
but writing a letter of complaint for a playful dig - don't you think it's a bit overboard? May be they are trying to be light-hearted and funny?
I just assumed XR8fella was offended. If he's offended by what they say, i'd say it's fair to complain. People can say 'jokes' wrong, or in the wrong tone. If action is taken, these guys may think twice before making jokes in front of customers. Particularly one such as this.
max^power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 04:53 PM   #15
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_pete

roll with the punches i say, what do you expect from these teenage no nothings working at these stores....
For them to do their job? To earn their wages? Before you say that these jobs don't pay much, if they are already standing around chatting to mates, they're not working hard and to actually ignore the customers that help pay their wages when they're already doing nothing won't help them move forward from that line of work.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 04:53 PM   #16
EL_futuraistic

i guess the way some ppl say things it can be taken out of context.

I have had similar comments made at Autobarn, it honestly doesnt bother me cause its their head thats buried in the sand thinking Holden is the better vehicle.

Unfortunatley Bursons is not open on sundays, or after 12 on Saturdays. so its repco or nothing however any other day its Bursons all the way. They are a far superior store, always keen to help you out or do you a cheaper price.
EL_futuraistic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 06:15 PM   #17
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

they didnt seem to be joking, but they coulda been trying to get a rise outta me, just the guy from repco pisisted me off because i had to wait so long for him to actually serve me. I will be writing a letter to their Head Office.
i wasnt offended as such, but it ticked me off getting that twice in a row.
I just realized we have a Bursons here, so i am going there from now on.
I am over it now
Old 30-10-2005, 06:18 PM   #18
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Should of said "Well your backing a losing car aren't you?" "Your premium sponsorship dollars are way back in 14th place on a car of a driver that even most Holden fans don't like" :
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 06:28 PM   #19
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

What's with the Bursons fan club on here?

On the few occasions I've dealt with them I've had to put with terrible service. Maybe it's just a bad store in my area. Either way, I won't be going back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 07:00 PM   #20
reece1
reece1

get over it are you upset because you sewed the patch on yourself. being a ford lover as we all are here. know that the masses will follow holden and always will. they have always targeted young people with there car design/style/ and advertising which gets them hooked for life as they dont really know how to choose for themselves. i have a girl that works for me who was a mad frd nut since she started work with us. but it only took one weekend for her at bathurst to come home in the holden gear/ beaney and all. all you have to say to someone wearing all the holden gear is are you sponsored by k/mart/ big w etc and they wont wear it any more.
my mother knows i like cars so she got me some pyjamas for xmas last year. HOLDEN ONES he he he there warm but. my girl thought it was funny and it is
reece1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 07:03 PM   #21
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenaz
What's with the Bursons fan club on here?

On the few occasions I've dealt with them I've had to put with terrible service. Maybe it's just a bad store in my area. Either way, I won't be going back.
must be your store ash..
ive never had an issue with them.....
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 07:08 PM   #22
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:

Whingers nothing! Near enough isn't good enough, that level of service although expected isn't good enough for the local burger barn. There are plenty of well mannered kids who would gladly have their jobs and be happy to do them better.

Even if the counter jocks were in blue shirts and razzing a red army believer it would still be not on,

If ill informed smart-assed remarks to paying customers and a slack attitude to customer service is not grounds for dismissal then I don't know what is!
Old 30-10-2005, 07:16 PM   #23
reece1
reece1

the problem is they are not payed enough to really care. i have a couple of friends who work in these stores and the pay is pretty redicoulous. if they give them a extra $100 a week and performance incentives they would turn the whole place around. at the end of the day the staff dont give a s##t because they are fed up. i know this does not go for all but in my area there is one of the biggestR#### stores that just cant run properly it takes 2/3 hrs just to get a part delivered up the road. it is overstaffed so thats not the problem it is the attitude. which will only change if the hirarchy looks after its staff better. a little off topic but may show a little insight into why no effort is not put in. i agree with you but the problem is deeper than the face value of it.
Old 30-10-2005, 07:50 PM   #24
sam12h
Runnin C3H8 & C4H10

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece1
the problem is they are not payed enough to really care. i have a couple of friends who work in these stores and the pay is pretty redicoulous. if they give them a extra $100 a week and performance incentives they would turn the whole place around. at the end of the day the staff dont give a s##t because they are fed up. i know this does not go for all but in my area there is one of the biggestR#### stores that just cant run properly it takes 2/3 hrs just to get a part delivered up the road. it is overstaffed so thats not the problem it is the attitude. which will only change if the hirarchy looks after its staff better. a little off topic but may show a little insight into why no effort is not put in. i agree with you but the problem is deeper than the face value of it.
all the more reason that these businesses should be avoided, cos after all, $$$ talk & if they are missing out on business after poor service, then they may take on some of your suggestions to improve the attitude.
the kids in customer service where i work are hand picked from the applications because of their attitide & personality. they get award wages too, & in spite of this, are the best, happiest, most professional & complimented (by customers, to me outside work) bunch of kids i'm ever likley to meet.
XR8fella had every right to be dissapointed with the level of service these COMPANIES saw fit to deliver, & should take action (probably training & recruitment revisions) to rectify this. saying that they are only kids who don't care is not a valid excuse, it's inexcusable.
:
sam12h is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 07:59 PM   #25
reece1
reece1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam12h
all the more reason that these businesses should be avoided, cos after all, $$$ talk & if they are missing out on business after poor service, then they may take on some of your suggestions to improve the attitude.
the kids in customer service where i work are hand picked from the applications because of their attitide & personality. they get award wages too, & in spite of this, are the best, happiest, most professional & complimented (by customers, to me outside work) bunch of kids i'm ever likley to meet.
XR8fella had every right to be dissapointed with the level of service these COMPANIES saw fit to deliver, & should take action (probably training & recruitment revisions) to rectify this. saying that they are only kids who don't care is no excuse, it's inexcusable.
:
true but i am not just talking about kids this store is more men and women 35 to 60. years of age. i agree with you totally kids 15 to 20 are doing stepping stone jobs and or is a second job to there schooling but from 20 and on this is pretty much the path they are all about to travel down, so be it its there choice but some people dont have the choice either. at the end of the day if you look after your staff properly and in most times it is money related, they will look after you and your customer. i agree with the complaint and expect to be served respectfully myself. or will tell them to help me as i am a customer or take buis elsewhere. just putting some reasons out there
Old 30-10-2005, 08:01 PM   #26
EBII Fairmont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Not to be rude or anything, i work at coles on the weekened's. When a customer comes up to me and asks for help, then i will drop anyconvo with colleagues/mates to give them a helping hand. Only to the people who trewat me like crap do i give a hard time as i do not go there for that. It just sounds like these couple of people were absolute idiots. I go to repco all the time and don't have a problem. But that is also because a couple of mates work there. Next time they do that, just start giving them a hard time and **** them off. Ask for things you don't need and get them to explain to you you already know. If there info is wrong just wreck them. Just make them feel like the lowest common dinominator and make their day a bit ty.
EBII Fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 08:10 PM   #27
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Regardless of pay, their job is to provide a service. If they feel like they should get more pay, they need to discuss that with their employer. They must understand to get more pay they have to have the customers come in for the employer to afford it!

Yes I believe my pay is s**t too but nothing is stopping me from leaving and I do what I am paid to do.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 08:13 PM   #28
sam12h
Runnin C3H8 & C4H10

Quote:
true but i am not just talking about kids this store is more men and women 35 to 60. years of age. i agree with you totally kids 15 to 20 are doing stepping stone jobs and or is a second job to there schooling but from 20 and on this is pretty much the path they are all about to travel down, so be it its there choice but some people dont have the choice either. at the end of the day if you look after your staff properly and in most times it is money related, they will look after you and your customer. i agree with the complaint and expect to be served respectfully myself. or will tell them to help me as i am a customer or take buis elsewhere. just putting some reasons out there
we sort of agree here. as you said, it is deeper than the surface. that does not mean it should be put up with.
to make em proud of what they do you don't need to pay them more just treat them right, which you kind of eluded to being the problem earlier.
that sort of company attitude needs to change. I quit a $30k job after only 5 weeks a few years ago (highest i'd been paid up to that point) simply because the company (higher management) treated their staff like they were lower than dirt. they showed no respect to me or my co-workers, so i & they showed none in return. company policy needs to change & avoiding their business & writing letters is the only way this will ever change.
sam12h is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2005, 08:16 PM   #29
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
A wage or salary is not the fault of a customer, neither is it an excuse for poor form! Dont like the job, then quit, take the job on then live up to at least up to the most basic of employee responsibities. Bad form or incompetance at any other level of a workplace is no reason to drop your own standards.
Anyone that has the tiniest bit pride in themself will do the job to the best of their abilities and seek out a better or more highly paid job as soon as possible.
Old 30-10-2005, 08:26 PM   #30
reece1
reece1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam12h
we sort of agree here. as you said, it is deeper than the surface. that does not mean it should be put up with.
to make em proud of what they do you don't need to pay them more just treat them right, which you kind of eluded to being the problem earlier.
that sort of company attitude needs to change. I quit a $30k job after only 5 weeks a few years ago (highest i'd been paid up to that point) simply because the company (higher management) treated their staff like they were lower than dirt. they showed no respect to me or my co-workers, so i & they showed none in return. company policy needs to change & avoiding their business & writing letters is the only way this will ever change.
i agree with all just some reasoning. i employ yougens although sometimes difficult at the start( school to work transition) they have been a great asset to me and its not the cheap labour as i pay above award considerably for the right worker. i actually have one coming up for long service and wouldnt trade him for anything. i see alot of buisnessus who pay s##t and in turn there workers arent happy in the end its a recipe for disaster. in all areas. you have to share the wealth to grow it i may be totally wrong, but i have happy staff who like me and go out of there way to look after my customer base