Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 11-04-2016, 09:51 PM   #451
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpursuit05 View Post
You too are confusing diagnosed depression with the 'I'm sad because mummy didn't buy me an XBox' set.
The two are quickly becoming one in the same. The DSM is expanded almost every year. More and more behaviours are being classified as syndromes or dysfunctions, anti-depressants are wildly over-prescribed, etc. Even former contributors to the DSM say its getting a bit ridiculous....
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2016, 02:30 PM   #452
Tui2
Coyote ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by snopony View Post
If it helps, for any low income earners there is an option of a Step up loan or a Nils loan.... They are not credit cards they are finance to low income earners who need white goods, computers or car repairs etc. repayments are fixed and low and it's designed to help people get ahead without paying disgustingly high fees and interest. Just google step up loan (thru the NAB) or NILS. Might suit depending on your circumstances.
Thanks. haven't looked very hard into any loan shark options as i have elderly parents whom i care for, that if i absolutely needed a loan, i would borrow off them, but usually only if the loan was to buy something that benefits them/helps me with their care as to relieve the anxiety that comes with my disorder, the smallest of upsets in the scheduling of day for their appointments can be massive on BPD scale, thats why when i was with my partner i got $5000 loan off then to buy BA wagon, because parents, dogs, wheelchair, groceries and hyundai 2 door Accent did not do my brain any good.
Old 12-04-2016, 03:09 PM   #453
Tui2
Coyote ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by supershifty View Post
^^^ Good post snopony.

Also, if you're on Centrelink benefits - even partial like me, you can apply for a interest free loan over 12 months.

I'm on partial Newstart allowance as I have a casual job and income varies. Can apply for a hardship loan of $500. You just have to demonstrate that you can afford to pay it back and nominate what you can pay back out of your benefit per fortnight. Centrelink just reduce your fortnightly benefit on the agreed amount. You can pay over the specified amount when times turn good. Has pulled me out of the "poo" a few times - hate borrowing coin though.

Cheers!
yes thanks SupaShift, i actually (until late:as i just sold the hyundai ) got the full Centrelink Advance Payment option of $1200+ every 6 months to maintain and register 2 cars (full comp insurance on Ford) which i only just applied for again in February. Though as i have mentioned in previous post, i only get loans for health benefits, be it my parent's or my mental health.
if i can be patient and not stray, it doesn't taje me long to save for the things i WANT not need.
the Tablet has been stressing me but didn't warant me asking for a laptop loan, (I must stress that my BPD limits me ALOT especially with shopping×parents and where i can shop with my dog, he stresses without me and i without him) So, there's a certain Harvey Norman Store (near a Pet Barn, Supercheap Auto and an Undercover Parking Bunnings) that have been understanding and helpful in relieving any anxieties that comes with my disability, and surrounding shops have followed in their example, and allow me to carry my friend around and take my time perusing, so if Harvey woukd like me to buy one of his laptops, along with data security and optional accessories, well then he can lend me the money to do so. (which he did) stay tuned for 'HELP ME PLEASE!! I'm stressing out trying to operate/comprehend operation of, the laptop' threads.
Old 13-04-2016, 10:34 PM   #454
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trejo View Post
because you would have to go back a fair way and follow my story, i undedstand why you have missed my posts about my little saviour and his anxiety issues, one being separation anxiety to the extreme, i can't do a number 2 without he, lets call it, Hammocking! Here's the pic again
Sorry for the late reply bro....just had an extended double site holiday(still as yet unexplained) but anyway....yes I was fully aware you had a pooch bro. After my initial post in this thread, I went back and read every post. Only felt fair! My post was mainly mostly advice of sorts for everyone...not just you! Pets, as you know can be amazing distractions for the mind.
I have a friend who is chronic bipolar....went and got a kitten for him.....built a big cat play castle for him aswell and he's been over the moon. Even started going back to work. ( just an eg of course)
1TUFFUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-04-2016, 11:34 PM   #455
SamboRambo123
SamboRambo

Would just like to thank everyone who has posted on here. Just reading stories and what not has helped me a fair bit so would just like to say thanks.
SamboRambo123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2016, 01:05 AM   #456
Tui2
Coyote ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamboRambo123 View Post
Would just like to thank everyone who has posted on here. Just reading stories and what not has helped me a fair bit so would just like to say thanks.
samboRambo, funny title, you just let us all know when ya down and if you need a private chat ie, private message supprt coversation, just request for whoever to do so, we are here for that sole purpose..to support the big disorders and small anxieties tyat ultimately can/do lead to depresion. :-)
Old 15-04-2016, 01:30 AM   #457
Tui2
Coyote ugly

and to all, I've just purchased a laptop and gog myself into a major fluster trying to set it up with security via tethering with tablet and all the fun that comes with comprehension of Walk throughs, and really set myself up for a fall as it s getting harder to comprehend these days without visual aid, (someone actually showing me) and thats getting me down, but like my failing eyesight, I'm slowly accepting that i may be deteriorating a little quicker than average, and life could be alot worse than being a blind dumb ***, got to find a basic computer course,and then I'll know just how bad the brain is if i still can't comprehend, starting to get me down though, i won't lie and pretend I've got this, i will try i'll keep havin a go, not going to give in to mental illness and just except loss, when I no longer can write a paragraph (all though it does take quite a few edits now) then I'll except it's time to buy canvas and paint til i eventually end up posting someone my ear .
i have to rest, tab time night to all, morning to those,
Old 15-04-2016, 02:11 AM   #458
SamboRambo123
SamboRambo

Cheers mate, I'm sure ill take up that offer in the future, really appreciate that.
SamboRambo123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2016, 05:12 PM   #459
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Hey Neil...

PLEASE SHUT UP

Forum life here does NOT revolve around you alone and your problems.
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-04-2016, 05:56 PM   #460
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
Y
IM "depressed" as I love this site. I spend a lot of time here reading helping joking learning debating(arguing) and generally just hanging out!
Given you clearly want a public discussion on the topic, here it is.

If you hadn't gotten yourself removed from access to the PM and email system then you would have received explanations for the actions that led to the warnings that resulted in the bans. I could go into that detail but I'll spare you that much.

Perhaps if you do value this community you might do well to think twice before posting and then perhaps you'd be in less strife.

Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 15-04-2016 at 10:38 PM.
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2016, 08:30 PM   #461
Grum
Bringing the Spartan back

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
I think you miss the meaning of this thread......and why on earth do you keep calling me niel. That is not my name. And if it was did i ask you to share it? That's what privacy rules and usernames are for!
And your insensitive comments are not welcome. If that was me writing that...id be banned for weeks......
Really? You sure? There is no such thing as anonymity on the internet Neil

East Coast Suspensions
Road - Race - Performance & Prestige Car Service

BOSS 5.4L Silicon hose kits for sale
BA/BF FPV parts for sale

The only negative thing in your life should be camber

Blue Power Racing Enhanced
Chris & Craig - Thanks!
Grum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 15-04-2016, 08:31 PM   #462
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Stuffed that thread El Tuff eh?
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-04-2016, 08:42 PM   #463
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

FairmontGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2016, 08:54 PM   #464
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Love ya passion... Bye
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 15-04-2016, 08:57 PM   #465
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Blah blah blah.......
Your like a broken record.........
3 users like this post:
Old 15-04-2016, 09:01 PM   #466
MR REKLAW
BF XR8 Ute
Donating Member3

[QUOTE=1TUFFUTE;5643228
I don't care what your argument is! Comparing Discriminating disabled people to "arguing" is like Hitler vs Marry Poppins!

Anyway I'm quite possative this right of reply will be hidden from all eyes as it embarrasses the site....I say OWN it![/QUOTE]

I see you still haven't got it,this thread is about Depression and Anxiety and yes i am pigeon holing it.

Not about your soap boxing right,to an apology.

Get with the program,depression and anxiety is the topic,not your disabilities,if you need to express about disabilities,start another thread,stop banging on about in here.

If your disability causes you,to have the above title's issues,I can respect that as that is what its all about.

Stick to the topic and we all will have a better time.
2006 BF MKII XR8 Ute,Shockwave Blue.

HERS 2003 LX Focus Sedan,Silver.

Past Rides:- XD Panel Van,XE Panel van,XF Wagon,ED Wagon,BA Fairmont.

Greetings Earthlings.

Last edited by MR REKLAW; 15-04-2016 at 09:08 PM.
MR REKLAW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2016, 09:17 PM   #467
Grum

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
How do you know he didn't have a mental issue? Imagine that hey......think about that!
How do you know everyone doesn't have a mental issue?

Everyone is fighting their own battles but last time I checked this was a car forum.

East Coast Suspensions

BA/BF FPV parts for sale

Chris & Craig - Thanks!
Old 15-04-2016, 09:19 PM   #468
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

For 1tuffute

I have sat back and watched this and other threads with you stating you are disabled. What are your disabilities. I too am extremely disabled having suffered three major AMI's last September in one day, dying in ICU, asking to send me to Palliative care cause I couldn't take it any more. I now go to the Hospital three times a week for Dialysis amongst other things..

Now my point, you seem to like to put crap on people I consider friends who have given me nothing but support to get healthy again. Why are you so angry, you obviously realise that it is not good for your Cardiac Muscle to have elevated levels of Adrenaline etc running around.

The idea behind the Depression thread is to give people a place where they can openly broach the subject without felling vilified for what they are saying. It is good you can show some empathy but you would do better to lower the amount of your own problems you speak of and try to use experience to help others.

Vincenzo

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2016, 09:20 PM   #469
buggerlugs
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
Stuffed that thread El Tuff eh?
Same as he did in "The Pits" but thankfully he got the flick from there......
Old 15-04-2016, 09:41 PM   #470
buggerlugs
Donating Member1

Can't be long now...........
Old 15-04-2016, 10:02 PM   #471
MR REKLAW
BF XR8 Ute
Donating Member3

And as for thinking I'm soap boxing....how about you read the thread and gain an insight into my disability...

This thread isn't about you or your disability,start another thread.

Get it through your thick cranium,that it is about depression and anxiety,brought on by injury,health problems or society's conception of what is normal.

Not your private thread to soap box in.

I have read this thread and it was going swimmingly,till you turned it into I have a disability issue.

Yes you have a disability,I clearly understand that,but it has no bearing on the topic of above.

What you haven't gleaned from other posts,in here is the fact that your replies to number of posters,is that your way off topic.

If my or other posters in here are causing you,to have issues on the above topic,thats what we are trying to get across,stick to the bloody topic and don't turn into I have a disability discussion,because I won't give a rats ***,about your reply if you can't stick to the topic.
2006 BF MKII XR8 Ute,Shockwave Blue.

HERS 2003 LX Focus Sedan,Silver.

Past Rides:- XD Panel Van,XE Panel van,XF Wagon,ED Wagon,BA Fairmont.

Greetings Earthlings.
MR REKLAW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2016, 10:03 PM   #472
Grum

Quote:
Like Scum who just pops in for a troll.
Aww, but you stood up for Hulky (who might have had a mental illness?).

Why don't you stand up for me? Where's the love???

East Coast Suspensions

BA/BF FPV parts for sale

Chris & Craig - Thanks!
5 users like this post:
Old 15-04-2016, 10:09 PM   #473
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd say it is not so much what you say mate (whether anyone agrees with it or not) but the way come across that kicks **** off a lot of times. That is the problem with the Internet, bloody hard in person too.
MITCHAY is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2016, 10:09 PM   #474
buggerlugs
Donating Member1

Time you found another forum................
Old 15-04-2016, 10:18 PM   #475
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Let me ask you a serious question. Vincenzo! If someone took the **** out of your disability, made fun of your abilities and continually made digs at your situation would you be happy? Would you take it to the moderators? Probably! And how would you feel if they dismissed you because they couldn't be bothered to spend the time sorting the issue(their words not mine)
And I want an honest answer!
He won't have to, I will.

We don't make fun of Vincenzo....We pick the hell out of him !!... along with a couple of other people like him in another section of AFF.

And no, they don't take it out on Mods.

They realise that they aren't the only people in the World with problems, and they don't wander all over the shop complaining about people 'picking on them' and feeling sorry for themselves.

If you want to comment any further on your problem with Mods, people, or AFF in general please start your own thread.

Do not do it in this one!
Old 15-04-2016, 10:20 PM   #476
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

Quote:
Let me ask you a serious question. Vincenzo! If someone took the **** out of your disability, made fun of your abilities and continually made digs at your situation would you be happy? Would you take it to the moderators? Probably! And how would you feel if they dismissed you because they couldn't be bothered to spend the time sorting the issue(their words not mine)
And I want an honest answer!

I'd also like some facts on this 'crap' you say I put on other members! I NEVER hand out attitude unless its first received!
Knowing Vincenzo well, he doesn't need to worry about that at all simply because he has an attitude completely opposite to yours.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2016, 10:24 PM   #477
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

1 tuff ute - will send a PM

Cheers Vincenzo

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2016, 10:35 PM   #478
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE
I see your happy as usual to take the high road here Russel. There's always more to a story and often mine gets deleted with no right of reply!hmmm
Your handling of moral issues on this forum is rather lacklustre at times....you know, the ones that if I mention I get bans.....the usual excuse is you have better things to do.
But while your here answering questions.....how about you explain the THREE 4 day in a row bans for what appears to be little more then a mod disagreeing and abusing his power!
One of the bans I didn't even make a post..just got another 4 day ban. Maybe while your here showing some transparency you can shed some light on the matter, as I'm clearly depressed about it and am dreading you or one of your certain trigger happy mods banning me again.

As for my pm rights.....I've never been told why that's the case. Yous use to tell me not to argue with people, but to take it to the mods.....yet the mods never wanted to deal with it. So I resumed the debate assuming if they weren't shutting anything down, all was good. So maybe you can explain that aswell?
Happy to explain it but you'll have to ask someone else to read it for you as you are now permanently banned and your posts will be removed.

To be exact you have had three bans for the following reasons (I removed the 4th one as I thought it was harsh):

Post 5636266 Off topic post 2 pts 07-04-2016 11:41 PM
Post 5636182 Deliberately argumentative behaviour 20pts 07-04-2016 11:39 PM
NoPost Abuse of Mod or Admin 20pts 03-04-2016 06:59 AM

You were removed from the PM system for sending abusive PM's.

As for my handling of moral issues as you term them, I may not always handle them well if only because it's all too often a judgement call but, as I have repeatedly told you, if you dish it out don't play the 'I'm disabled' card when it comes back to you. It won't get any sympathy any more than the threats you made did.

Now I'll clean up this thread so it can get back to the very useful discussion it normally is.

Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 15-04-2016 at 10:47 PM.
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2016, 10:42 PM   #479
thefargo
black xb
Donating Member3

Thanks Russ, I was about to post, but scrolled back to my earlier post, to which I was going to make a reference. Doing that, I took time and now have missed him. Anyway, I posted at about 250ish saying that I found 'help' through dog ownership etc. I didn't want to go on about 'my issues', rather share what works, as a possible strategy for others. This, I believe , is the nature, and charm of this thread.
I have not posted recently, as quite frankly, the thread itself became too depressing. Is that irony?
thefargo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2016, 11:46 PM   #480
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefargo View Post
I have not posted recently, as quite frankly, the thread itself became too depressing. Is that irony?
Gold! That's rule #371 of managing your depression/anxiety: Avoid situations that trigger or exacerbate the condition.

Now with a deep exhale.......this thread is back on track

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz