Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 23-07-2006, 04:48 AM   #31
qwigybo
hunting 300kw's

i was picturing the cartoon movie that i've got sitting in the dvd colleection already, now real life cars thats a whole different ball game
qwigybo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2006, 05:11 AM   #32
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

It's going to be great to watch hope they dont fek it up:(
Old 23-07-2006, 02:15 PM   #33
Gammaboy
Grinder+Welder = Race car

Quote:
Originally Posted by blutura
hmmm....

what the hell? everyone knows Optimus is supposed to be red and blue, not white and blue.

they better fix that up.
http://www.blackfilm.com/20060512/fe...merstest.shtml
" May 15, 2006 This is the personal work of JJ of 3dblasphemy , and has nothing to do with the transformer movie. This was based of the cartoon generation 1 series. Sorry for any inconvience. But just imagine what the movie could be like."
Old 23-07-2006, 04:04 PM   #34
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

Here is some info for the movie i found on the net.

Transformers is a live action film based on the popular Transformers franchise and toy line. The film has a projected release date of July 4, 2007 and is currently filming. The feature is being directed by Michael Bay with Steven Spielberg acting as the executive producer. The official announcement of the project was made at Comic-Con International in July 2005. The Transformers characters are expected to be CGI. Filming officially commenced on May 29, 2006. This will be the Transformers' first big screen adaptation since Transformers: The Movie in 1986.

Transformers is a joint collaboration among DreamWorks SKG, Paramount Pictures and Hasbro, Inc. DreamWorks is the domestic distributor, while Paramount (through its joint venture with Universal Studios, United International Pictures) will handle the international release. Hasbro will take an active role in the film's production, along with its promotion and merchandise tie-ins, and in fact this is part of a deal between Hasbro and Paramount (whose parent Viacom bought DreamWorks in late 2005). Since Paramount will distribute DreamWorks' films (which began with Over the Hedge), they in effect have distribution rights to Transformers in North America as well - particularly through its distribution on DVD.

Plot
Writers Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci said that the storyline will not be based upon the original Generation 1 series, but will feature many of the original characters.

Director Michael Bay recently claimed on his official forum that character names used in leaked versions of the script are "codenames" for the actual characters set to appear in the film. The real names will not be revealed until the toy boxes are printed. However, this would seem to conflict with photographic evidence, at least in the case of the character of Bonecrusher, whose name is clearly displayed on his vehicle form in pictures taken on set.

On April 23, 2006, Ain't It Cool News posted an interview with Bay that took place at the director's offices in Los Angeles. Amongst the subjects covered included confirmation of Scorponok's existence in the film, a chase scene featuring Optimus Prime and an unidentified Decepticon truck, and the fact that Prime's faceplate would be retractable so that his mouth would be visible. The subjects most heavily stressed, however, were the advanced kinematics and realistic engineering of the Transformers themselves. Arcee, who was originally announced to be among the ten, has since been announced to be removed, for "story purposes."

Producer Don Murphy negotiated the rights with Hasbro for a Transformers film. He then brought on DeSanto who had worked on X-Men. The two were turned down by every studio, since the heads of those studios were too old to remember the property. Eventually Mike DeLuca at DreamWorks "got the property" and bought it.

ILM is producing CGI models. Principal photography began on May 22, 2006. Bay had originally confirmed a teaser trailer and teaser poster would be released on July 4, 2006, however, the poster (above) was released at the time the teaser site went live. The teaser trailer was released on June 29, 2006 at both the Transformers teaser website, as well as on Michael Bay's website.

Two Bell Boeing CV-22 Osprey helicopters (of only three in the United States Air Force inventory) were filmed in flight at Holloman Air Force Base, New Mexico, on May 26 for the film. Other military aircraft are also being filmed at Holloman and at nearby White Sands Missile Range.

As of June 9th, filming was onsite at the Hoover Dam with several vehicles and military helicopters

In July 2006, at the San Diego ComicCon, producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura announced that Peter Cullen, the voice of Optimus Prime in the original animated series, will reprise his role for the film. A possible implication is that if Cullen plays Optimus again, he may well also reprise his voice role as Ironhide.

It is known that director Michael Bay has auditioned veteran Transformers voice actor Frank Welker to reprise the role of Megatron. Welker has reportedly sent in an audition tape for the role.

The logic to using the original voice cast is that a famous name makes no difference to the one half demographic, which is children, while retaining the original voice cast would please the fans. However, since several original voice actors such as Scatman Crothers (Jazz's voice actor) and Chris Latta (Starscream's voice actor) are deceased, those roles will require new talent if they are used in the movie.

Recently Mark Ryan was hired to be on set, to act as a stand in for the Transformers, giving actors someone to react to and act against during filming, both physically where appropriate and providing dialogue. Despite some reports it is extremely unlikely that his voice will be used for any of the Transformers in the final cut.

An official list of Transformers slated to appear in the movie has yet to surface. Director Michael Bay has stated on his personal message boards that with the exception of Optimus Prime, Megatron, Bumblebee, and Starscream, they cannot reveal the names of any other Transformers appearing in the movie until Hasbro has movie merchandise prepared. Indeed, Bay has claimed that the Transformer names found in an early leaked draft of the script were placeholder names. He has said that along with the most popular Transformers characters, there is a possibility of some new characters created for the film. Among the Transformers that have been hinted at by Murphy and found in a later leaked script from February 2006 are:

A beat-up Chevrolet Camaro as Bumblebee (the sighting of both an older-model Camaro and a Saleen-modified concept Camaro suggests that Bumblebee will get an upgrade at some point during the movie).
A military mine-clearing vehicle named Bonecrusher (the sighting of a large military vehicle marked “Bonecrusher” seems to confirm that this will be the final name for this Transformer).
A Decepticon police car named Brawl (the sighting of a Saleen-modified Ford Mustang police car on the set confirms this). Current name is unknown but it is unlikely to be Brawl.
A large tank named Devastator (an on-set sighting of a modified tank with two different turrets seems to confirm this, though Bay specifically used this one as an example for a script-name that isn't the real one). In fact, this character may actually be named Brawl, just like his G1 namesake.
A mechanical scorpion appropriately named Scorponok (mentioned in an interview with director Michael Bay on Ain’t It Cool News; a newspaper article in the Northwest Florida Daily News confirms a scene between the military and a large mechanical scorpion).
A Special Ops helicopter that can deploy “minions”. Originally slated to be Soundwave after early CG cinematics were shown at San Diego Comic Con in 2005, but this may have changed after Hasbro made it known they wanted Soundwave to have a musical device mode in the movie. In early drafts of the script this character was named Grimlock, then according to Murphy was named Vortex. Current name is unknown, but is rumored to have been changed for a fourth time.
A boom-box Decepticon, whose transformation is rumored to involve "stretching", leaving him with a four foot tall robot mode and who appeared in a Februray 2006 version of the script as Soundwave. Extreme fan backlash over the character has led to the character being renamed and Soundwave being held over until a sequel, where Murphy said at a recent fan con "...we can get him right." The character was rumored to be renamed Soundbyte, but this has recently been dismissed by official sources. The character now seems most likely to have been renamed as Frenzy, after the G1 character who was a minion of Soundwave.
An ambulance (previously a fire rescue vehicle) named Ratchet (was mentioned during pre-production by Murphy several times).
Fan-favorite Jazz, originally a slant-nosed Porsche 911 but described in early drafts of the script as being a "cool sports car".
Autobot Ironhide has apparently replaced the controversial choice of Arcee in the February 2006 draft of the script. His alternative form is rumored to be a pickup truck, but this has yet to be confirmed.
A long-nosed cab fashioned with red/black-flames artwork has been seen on set; discussion with Bay representatives seems to affirm this is indeed Optimus Prime's alternate form.
Cybertronian forms and alt modes as well as Cybertron itself are hinted at making an appearance in the movie
Old 23-07-2006, 04:10 PM   #35
Thunder
I.B.S is a pain in d'***

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhCtV...h=transformers

Ah this brings back great memories :1syellow1
Old 23-07-2006, 08:18 PM   #36
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

I almost cried when optimus prime died in the movie:( There was plenty of killing in it.
Took there time to bring him back to life but in the series.
Old 26-07-2006, 12:56 PM   #37
rodderz

The last few years seems to be a trend for remakes of old movies or old cartoon's/superhero's etc

I wonder if we will see He-Man in Master's of the Universe, or Condor Man, or Wonder Woman lol
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2006, 02:37 PM   #38
gpierce

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
I wonder if we will see He-Man in Master's of the Universe, or Condor Man, or Wonder Woman lol
Yes

http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial...velopment+Heck
gpierce is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2006, 08:02 PM   #39
smciner1
Detroit Locker Equiped TM

Quote:
The last few years seems to be a trend for remakes of old movies or old cartoon's/superhero's etc

I think they did Masters of the Universe years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
Simple give the car a rev & have a listen a Windsor makes a sort of wheezy drone similar to an angry Hugh Grant when a Clevo will sound like Satan has woke up with a hangover & realized he is out of coffee & cigarettes
Falcon GT Club of Geelong.
http://www.facebook.com/FalconGTClubGeelong
smciner1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2006, 08:08 PM   #40
rodderz

Quote:
Originally Posted by smciner1
I think they did Masters of the Universe years ago.
Yeah just checked and they did http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093507/

Dolph Lundren as He-Man! Cant even remember it, must have been a flop
Old 26-07-2006, 08:43 PM   #41
Envious
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Yeah just checked and they did http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093507/

Dolph Lundren as He-Man! Cant even remember it, must have been a flop
Still wouldnt stop them making it again, lol. Dolph did The Punisher and the remade that too.
Old 26-07-2006, 08:46 PM   #42
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:

Yeah, He-Man has definately been done.

Wonder woman is also being done. Last I heard it was by Joss Whedon (Buffy, Firefly shows).

Has Fez and XB.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2006, 08:46 PM   #43
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

The million dollar man?
Old 26-07-2006, 08:49 PM   #44
smciner1

Back on track........

Peter Cullen who did the Voice of Optimus Prime in the original Cartoon Series got the gig to do his voice again for the new Movie.

Quote:
Simple give the car a rev & have a listen a Windsor makes a sort of wheezy drone similar to an angry Hugh Grant when a Clevo will sound like Satan has woke up with a hangover & realized he is out of coffee & cigarettes
Old 26-07-2006, 09:17 PM   #45
Qwikcorty
V8 Turbo Hoon

the citroen add looks familiar now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL5c2...h=transformers
Qwikcorty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2006, 11:37 AM   #46
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

AHAH

I dont know why but that noise they make when they morph back inot a car is stuck in my head.

You know...err errr errr err errr

...kinda
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2006, 11:45 AM   #47
Fordy
EMC-Benzenes Detailing

Cant wait for this to come out, i loved transformers as a kid.
Old 27-07-2006, 11:40 PM   #48
AUIIIXR8
Formerly AU2XLSV8

They were always such bad shots though. It's as if they never really wanted to hit each other. I mean Megatron was a big gun and he still couldn't hit most of the things he aimed at.

Past
EL 6 S/C - sold
AUII XLS V8 Stroker - sold
99' Laser (runabout) - sold
BA Fairmont - sold
AU III XR8 220 - sold (so should have kept this one)
AU III XLS Tickford 6 - sold

Formerly AU2XLSV8
AUIIIXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2006, 11:06 AM   #49
XAGSV8
Member 178

I have still got all the original toys. Ebay for me next year I think.

1963 Morris Mini

1999 NU Fairlane Ghia
XAGSV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2006, 12:07 PM   #50
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Have you guys read the forums on the official site? I thought some of us were obsessed!
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 28-07-2006, 12:29 PM   #51
rodderz

I'de say this guy is obsessed, apparently so obsessed he's favourite to take the Optimus role http://www.metacafe.com/watch/143363...optimus_prime/
Old 28-07-2006, 12:39 PM   #52
Envious
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i'll bet that was his mother doing the filming too.. :
Old 28-07-2006, 05:10 PM   #53
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
I'de say this guy is obsessed, apparently so obsessed he's favourite to take the Optimus role http://www.metacafe.com/watch/143363...optimus_prime/
hahahah thats so sad that its funny!!! :
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 28-07-2006, 08:43 PM   #54
Qwikcorty
V8 Turbo Hoon

cmon guys he would have worked for weeks to get that right! be a great fancy dress costume if you could hold a beer in it somewhere.
Qwikcorty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2006, 06:59 PM   #55
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Man I cant wait to see this movie!

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2006, 07:18 PM   #56
smciner1

Interseting to see some of the leaked designs.

http://www.aintitcool.com/images2006/RunTyreseBig.jpg

Quote:
Old 03-12-2006, 09:57 PM   #57
XzLr8
Banned

heard of this movie maybe 3 months ago on a seperate site, think ive seen every image available for the movie and view the teaser 30 odd times lmao this movie is gonna redefine computer animation, from what i heard its due to release in july . they finishd the real life shooting around 2 months ago and are now doing the cg work on the movie. ive watched every episode right up until beast wars cybertron finished then it went a little blah.(keeping in mind i am 18)
XzLr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2006, 10:58 PM   #58
smciner1

A Trailer for the Movie has been released, this time with actual footage from the Movie. You get to see glimpes of Optimus Prime and Bumble Bee. The Flames look awesome on Prime!

http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/transformers/

:eclipsee_

Quote:
Old 21-12-2006, 11:35 PM   #59
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Just Awesome
Old 21-12-2006, 11:56 PM   #60
CrankR
XR6 Madness

Oh man!......... I love it! :1syellow1
Custom Tune, Underdrives, Paccie #4490's with 2 1/2 Magnaflow