Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 20-04-2006, 05:56 PM   #1
TotalDriver
Dedicated to Safety....

Default Trying not to get too EXCITED!!!!

No, this is not an ad for NASAL DELIVERY!!

I'm getting a bit excited, I promised myself I wouldn't until I get it, but I had to tell someone....

As you may or may not know, I have been up until all hours of the morning for the past few weeks trawling the Internerd looking for an XA Coupe to restore over time with my sons.

Well, spoke to a mate last night who happens to know where one is, in a guys shed. The guy received it a few years ago as payment for work done but wants to offload it as it doesn't really interest him - being a Holden man!

My mate rang his mate this morning who is away on holidays for the next week. He spoke with him for a few secs and the guys confirms it's still in his shed and I can have it for $1000.

I hear you thinking - "That's great Mike, you finally found an XA Coupe for a grand - good luck with it". Well, maybe so but it does get better.

It's a 351, FMX Auto, 4 Wheel Disc Brake ALL NUMBERS MATCHING GENUINE GT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The motor is the original GT Engine but has shat itself. It still runs but has severe bottom end noises!

Like I said, trying not to get toooooo excited until it's in MY shed.

I'll have to travel a bit with the car trailer to pick it up, but it's worth it.

I'm bouncing off the walls here, can't believe I've found my Dream Car for the Dream Price!

Anyway, I will compose myself and somehow get through the next week. I will let y'all know when she's in my shed.

Thanks to everyone who has helped my recently to try and find one, especially "fiery" and "eav8".

Cheers,

Old 20-04-2006, 05:58 PM   #2
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

Nice find, espcially for a GT coupe. lucky bastard
Old 20-04-2006, 06:09 PM   #3
TotalDriver
Dedicated to Safety....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon_Phill
Nice find, espcially for a GT coupe. lucky bastard
I know, can't believe it myself.

I haven't even seen the thing yet!

Cheers,

Mike
Old 20-04-2006, 06:10 PM   #4
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

as above, you lucky bastard!!
Old 20-04-2006, 06:11 PM   #5
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

TD , For 1K a GT coupe, all i can say is your one lucky dood.
Old 20-04-2006, 06:14 PM   #6
RavenLS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

now im even excited and i dont know why.
Old 20-04-2006, 06:14 PM   #7
TotalDriver
Dedicated to Safety....

I can't wait to confirm the numbers.

But hey, I'd be just as happy with a Falcon 500 XA Coupe for $1000.

I'm trying to contain myself here......

Mike
Old 20-04-2006, 06:46 PM   #8
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Out of curiosity, what is this guys phone number?? I think I might know about this car.......

Just kidding. I hope it all goes to plan. I have heard lots of stories about someone who knows someone that has a certain type of old car, plane, truck, or what ever in their shed that they are selling for a fraction of its real worth..... Lets hope this is not one of those stories, of course you will post pictures, right??

Cheers.
Old 20-04-2006, 06:51 PM   #9
TotalDriver
Dedicated to Safety....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbackjack
Out of curiosity, what is this guys phone number?? I think I might know about this car.......

Just kidding. I hope it all goes to plan. I have heard lots of stories about someone who knows someone that has a certain type of old car, plane, truck, or what ever in their shed that they are selling for a fraction of its real worth..... Lets hope this is not one of those stories, of course you will post pictures, right??

Cheers.
True Dat!

yep, pics will be posted too.
Old 20-04-2006, 09:35 PM   #10
Gunns
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalDriver
I know, can't believe it myself.

I haven't even seen the thing yet!

Cheers,

Mike
I hate you! I have been looking for one for the past few months, and at that price, well what can I say!
Good luck with it and post up lots of pics.
Old 20-04-2006, 09:38 PM   #11
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

What a steal, one the best and toughest looking GT's ever made for a grand !
Well done, i hope the body is in reasonable condition, post up pics when you pick her up, oh... what colour is it ?
Old 20-04-2006, 09:40 PM   #12
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That's fantastic news Mike.. Well done...

What a brilliant find (buy of the century)......
I'm so excited for you.... woohooo : : : :

Look forward to seeing the pics and hearing all the updates once you start with it all...

Congrats matey..

Cheers
Kerri
Old 20-04-2006, 09:42 PM   #13
Josh_XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I Hate U!!
Old 20-04-2006, 09:45 PM   #14
Scott

I'll buy it for $1300 right now. +30% is good profit in anyone's books, mull it over.
Old 20-04-2006, 09:50 PM   #15
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMH8TR
I'll buy it for $1300 right now. +30% is good profit in anyone's books, mull it over.

I have a feeling you could offer a lot more than that and he would still say an absolute no..... :
Old 20-04-2006, 10:07 PM   #16
phat_stak_tipa
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thats only slightly better than my sprint that im selling for 8k ono hahaha got to get as many plugs as possible.

mate that is a great deal you and your sons are gunna love mucking round with that car whats the plans e.g restore as original or modify
Old 20-04-2006, 10:08 PM   #17
TotalDriver
Dedicated to Safety....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
What a steal, one the best and toughest looking GT's ever made for a grand !
Well done, i hope the body is in reasonable condition, post up pics when you pick her up, oh... what colour is it ?
I wouldn't have a bloody clue! I forgot to ask.

I think I was in shock and colour didn't even come into it. I did well to find out it is an auto! I'll be spewin if it's green though, always been back luck with cars for me! Yellow would be the bonus!

And GMH8TR, I've considered your offer carefully and although 30% is a great margin in any business, you're about a gazillion dollars short!

Like I said earlier, the GT thing is a bonus. I really couldn't care if it was just a boring Falcoon 2 Door. The time I'm spending with my boys over the next few years doing her up, the countless photos we'll be taking with them climbing in and out as we take her all over the countryside. The slide night on their 21st Birthdays with pics of this old XA Coupe prominent throughout and everyone saying - "What the hell's that thing in the background with the 2 doors?"

I can't wait to get started and there will be heaps of photos to share.

And heaps of cries for HELP!

Cheers,

Mike
Old 20-04-2006, 10:10 PM   #18
TotalDriver
Dedicated to Safety....

Quote:
Originally Posted by phat_stak_tipa
thats only slightly better than my sprint that im selling for 8k ono hahaha got to get as many plugs as possible.

mate that is a great deal you and your sons are gunna love mucking round with that car whats the plans e.g restore as original or modify
If it turns out to definately being a GT, then it will be restored original.

If it's a mock-up, then I will go all out. Boss 290, 6 Speed Manual, IRS, complete modern running gear with the classic appearance.

Cheers,

Mike
Old 20-04-2006, 10:17 PM   #19
phat_stak_tipa
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If it turns out to definately being a GT, then it will be restored original.

If it's a mock-up, then I will go all out. Boss 290, 6 Speed Manual, IRS, complete modern running gear with the classic appearance.

Cheers,

Mike
ohhh yeah retrotech hmmmm which ever it is itl be a brilliant ride coz its a FORD
Old 20-04-2006, 10:22 PM   #20
smciner1
Detroit Locker Equiped TM

Sounds promising. Have you had it checked over by someone who knows what they are looking at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY
Simple give the car a rev & have a listen a Windsor makes a sort of wheezy drone similar to an angry Hugh Grant when a Clevo will sound like Satan has woke up with a hangover & realized he is out of coffee & cigarettes
Falcon GT Club of Geelong.
http://www.facebook.com/FalconGTClubGeelong
Old 20-04-2006, 10:29 PM   #21
TotalDriver
Dedicated to Safety....

No

Can't do anything until the guy comes back from holidays next week.

Haven't even seen it myself!
Old 20-04-2006, 10:40 PM   #22
Falcon Freak
Banned

Quote:
No

Can't do anything until the guy comes back from holidays next week.

Haven't even seen it myself!
Interested to see pictures of this car.

FF
Old 20-04-2006, 10:42 PM   #23
djjase
IT JUST GET'S BETTER

If its a GT, it will be JG66. 4 doors were JG33.
Old 20-04-2006, 10:53 PM   #24
XAGSV8
Member 178

Is it in QLD or NSW. Maybe you could tell me where it is and I will "inspect it" for you. :

1963 Morris Mini

1999 NU Fairlane Ghia
Old 20-04-2006, 11:07 PM   #25
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
I wouldn't have a bloody clue! I forgot to ask.

I think I was in shock and colour didn't even come into it. I did well to find out it is an auto! I'll be spewin if it's green though, always been back luck with cars for me! Yellow would be the bonus!

And GMH8TR, I've considered your offer carefully and although 30% is a great margin in any business, you're about a gazillion dollars short!

Like I said earlier, the GT thing is a bonus. I really couldn't care if it was just a boring Falcoon 2 Door. The time I'm spending with my boys over the next few years doing her up, the countless photos we'll be taking with them climbing in and out as we take her all over the countryside. The slide night on their 21st Birthdays with pics of this old XA Coupe prominent throughout and everyone saying - "What the hell's that thing in the background with the 2 doors?"

I can't wait to get started and there will be heaps of photos to share.

And heaps of cries for HELP!

Cheers,

Mike
Now that is a GT owners attitude, what a great project to unertake with your boys, here's hoping we can still afford to put petrol in them when they turn 21.
I have had a bloke chasing me to sell mine, but i'm not keen on the photo thing either.
Old 21-04-2006, 12:48 AM   #26
1TUFFUTE
Banned

like u said Mike...u better put them plates in a safe ИИИ theyl be worth more than the car :hihi:
Old 21-04-2006, 12:57 AM   #27
ten[A]cio[U]s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Congrats man. im excited for some reason too lol. How funny that you get a good.. ok f'en great find and the general mood is anger lol. Well done mate, congrats. Gonna be a great car for you and your boys to play with. _2:
Old 21-04-2006, 01:21 AM   #28
TotalDriver
Dedicated to Safety....

I'm a fairly impatient person too, you got no idea how tough this is having to wait to find out for sure........
Old 21-04-2006, 02:49 AM   #29
Olympus
Rocket Fuel Anyone?

Smells fishy to me, but if it really is a genuine GT. For $1000 you'll be the luckiest s.o.b. on this planet.
Old 21-04-2006, 03:44 AM   #30
Black XR6
Formerly Black EX-R6

When you get it we wanna know everything. Options, paint, interior, condition, everything. With pics.

Stinking, mongrel, dog.
Closed Thread