Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 22-08-2005, 10:50 AM   #31
jeffb

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbutler
This might sound a bit tough, but you cant stop someone from being silly all the time, from what I know "not much" this young guy was a bit of a ratbag.
So how do you control that?
Step in as a parent and take his keys off him, I'm sure there has been feed back to them of other incidents of him showing off or even whitnessed it themselves. Take his keys and make him walk, will sharpen up rather quickly.
Old 22-08-2005, 10:57 AM   #32
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLS99 Ute man
Such a sad story,
maybe the goverment can do adds, showing a P Plater telling the parents of the other teenagers he just killed in his car cause he was speeding
Thats gotta make people think....
I think the shock tactics on the telly are a thing of the past ! They dont seem to efect people like they used to . I think a two week driver training course should have to be passed by every one who wants a licence and part of this should be meeting some people who have been in a fatal accident , or the parents , wives or freinds who have lost someone and have them address everyone and tell them how horrific it is in real life ! How about one of the unfortunate police officers who have to knock on someones door and inform them that their teenage child has just been killed in a car crash . I would like to be a police officer myself , but I dont think I could handle haveing to perform the task I have just discribed , let alone remove the body of some beautiful innocent person from the wreckage of an easily avoidable accident ! Those are shock tactics , I know because a good freind of mine is a WA copper, and have seen him for weeks after some incedents turn into a totaly different and withdrawn person , where normally he is a realy out going freindly bloke . Doing a 10 minute muliple choice test and 20 minute drive around the block with a parking test and hill start does nothing to teach peaple about their driving futures!!!!!!!!!!!!! We need to do more , alot more !

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Old 22-08-2005, 11:14 AM   #33
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Unfortunately this is quickly becoming a case of "same old accidents... same old posts".
Old 22-08-2005, 11:25 AM   #34
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
So I take it you only do them at a sanctioned and supervised race track of some kind then?
Its a sad and all too common story and I feel for those left behind BUT don't kid yourself into thinking that what you do is any different... that delusion just killed 4 people....again.
Having passengers in the car and killing them differs from losing control and killing another car filled with passengers how????
Spot on!
That teen invincibility just doesn't seem to dissapear until either old age or "that 1st big one" hits. But of course us old fogeys were never teens and thus are never listened to.

As for the innocent passengers, all too often the passengers can be very much contributory to the event, and usually the impetus for these display of skill/stupidity. The driver is just the chimp holding the machine gun at the time. (I am not saying this applied this time but its the case more often than not.)

This event says nothing either way towards the P-Plate horsepower restriction, but its is viable support for the argument towards passenger restrictions for P-Plate drivers.

Anyway you look at it though its a senseless waste of life.

Young 'Un, XD-machine and others I missed, I know these debates can become passionate, but I would like to remind you of the Site Terms & Conditions, particularly regarding name calling of others.

Last edited by RED_EL_XR8; 22-08-2005 at 11:41 AM.
Old 22-08-2005, 11:54 AM   #35
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Quote:
What about young mothers and fathers? Does this mean that the young guy who has a wife and 2 kids cant drive his family to the shops because hes a P plater? And yes, trust me, there are still plenty of young P Platers (and some not so young) that have families.
Well said mate, I'm 27 and get off my Ps at the end of this year, limiting the number of passengers I can have or when I can drive or have passengers would be a major PITA, and wouldn't make sense in my situation.

BTW, I've said it before, but I'll say it again for the record, I am not on my Ps because I lost my license or anything like that, I just didn't get them until I was well into my 20s.
Old 22-08-2005, 12:07 PM   #36
BJ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
This argument shows up the true problem on the roads. Its not teenagers, and its not adults. Its immature people. And i would bet folding money that you could correlate the chimps spitting venom in this thread, with those that act like morons on the road.

Posting on a forum requires concentration, tolerance and intelligence if you dont want to fall foul of a moderator.
Amazingly, the same is required when driving to avoid falling foul of the police or the laws of physics.

Anyone see a coincidence here?
I have to agree with you on this one. I seems that it is also mostly the same people that moan and carry on at this type of thread. Yes i feel for thoses that are hurt and not at falt, but where were the parents of this boy and why weren't they doing somthing about him before it all went pear shaped. The end fact is it has given those in power another stick to beat you with.
Old 22-08-2005, 12:25 PM   #37
lukey
www.lukehimself.net

Thats awful to hear, although I must say I disagree with "Goes to show that teenagers shouldn't be allowed to drive at night or with passengers". I'm on my Ps and only just got my lisence a few months back, and I think I am totally safe and responsible at night with passengers, in fact I see just as many dangerous idiots who arn't P-Platers.
Old 22-08-2005, 12:34 PM   #38
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
What about young mothers and fathers? Does this mean that the young guy who has a wife and 2 kids cant drive his family to the shops because hes a P plater? And yes, trust me, there are still plenty of young P Platers (and some not so young) that have families.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The MaDDeSTMaN
Well said mate, I'm 27 and get off my Ps at the end of this year, limiting the number of passengers I can have or when I can drive or have passengers would be a major PITA, and wouldn't make sense in my situation.

BTW, I've said it before, but I'll say it again for the record, I am not on my P's because I lost my license or anything like that, I just didn't get them until I was well into my 20s.
I an still in favour of a P-Plate passenger restriction, one model for this I've seen allowed 1 passenger but excluded the limitation for immediate family members. That would help your situation greatly.

No law is ever going to be perfect, nor is it going to be a cure-all. Even with this law there could still be the 3 brothers in a Ute, there is still the solo inexperienced driver taking out a carload of oncoming traffic.

But I believe this restriction would have been easier to enforce and far more effective than the P-Plate vehicle restrictions we recently received in NSW.
Old 22-08-2005, 01:03 PM   #39
XplosiveR6
Viper FG XR6 Turbo

the victorian goventment has already come out and said they will never legislate passenger restrictions or time restrictions. as passenger restrictions will create more drink drivers for young people. and they would rather a designated driver. and time restrcition is not feasible as alot of young people work late shifts at work after school and unemplyment is the last thing anybody needs.

common people think about the repercussions of the stupid restrictions
Old 22-08-2005, 01:08 PM   #40
Heeno
Formally knowen as EBus

he was just another showoff that ended up killing his mates, thats how my mate died, and the driver was 25 and the only one to survive.

people it's happens all the time, young or old people will crash and have accidents, seems only p platers get the spotlight though, and only for bad and none for good.....

it has nothing to do with licence status, age, sex, race or what ever other crap people want to make up, all it has to do with and someone said it before was, immature drivers and yes these drivers come in all ages even as high as 65 i think the old hoon was.

anyway thats just my lil rant.

Changes: 5 spd manual
Extractors, 2.5in exhaust
AMG Quake 17's w/ maxxis rubba
Lovelle superlows
Cheap a55 Pod Filter

Bike: CR250R 05 :evil3:
Old 22-08-2005, 01:08 PM   #41
Hardtopxb
Once PHASED.

i was visiting friends and drove past this mess about 5 mins after it happened. stopped and tried to help, nothing anyone could do, dosnt matter if they were young or old, its still a shocking thing to happen,take it easy everyone.
Old 22-08-2005, 01:08 PM   #42
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF_Dave
the victorian goventment has already come out and said they will never legislate passenger restrictions or time restrictions. as passenger restrictions will create more drink drivers for young people. and they would rather a designated driver. and time restrcition is not feasible as alot of young people work late shifts at work after school and unemplyment is the last thing anybody needs.

Other Government promises included "No child in Poverty" or "Never have a GST".

There are repercussions from all actions, there are also repercussions from inaction. Al we need is a cure for the belief of invincibility, sadly the only ones I've seen work are a fright or worse.
Old 22-08-2005, 01:11 PM   #43
Heeno
Formally knowen as EBus

Quote:

they can do all the restrictions they want as long as it involves everyone, comon you full licenced drivers should be setting the example, if your so experienced and safe behind the wheel then none of you should have any troubles with these restrictions as well.

not directed at you EF Dave

Lovelle superlows
Cheap a55 Pod Filter

Old 22-08-2005, 01:15 PM   #44
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heeno
they can do all the restrictions they want as long as it involves everyone, comon you full licenced drivers should be setting the example, if your so experienced and safe behind the wheel then none of you should have any troubles with these restrictions as well.

not directed at you EF Dave
Its rare you get a car full of pensioners egging the blue haired pilot into pulling a donut in the lawn bowls carpark. It results in colostomy bag explosions, wigs flying off, and false teeth being embedded in car upholstery.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Old 22-08-2005, 01:18 PM   #45
98AUXR6

Quote:
Ok, make it 1 passenger (providing it is your child bride or defacto), 2 children under 10 (assuming you started young) and the family pet. Seriously, Casper, I get your point but there must be away to stop P Platers hooning around with the arms and legs of their mates hanging out everywhere because they are packed in 10 deep. There have been many multiple deaths where cars have been overloaded, no doubt with mates urging them on.
Old 22-08-2005, 01:20 PM   #46
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98AUXR6
Ok, make it 1 passenger (providing it is your child bride or defacto), 2 children under 10 (assuming you started young) and the family pet. Seriously, Casper, I get your point but there must be away to stop P Platers hooning around with the arms and legs of their mates hanging out everywhere because they are packed in 10 deep. There have been many multiple deaths where cars have been overloaded, no doubt with mates urging them on.
They arent hanging out of the car because they are packed 10 deep.
They are hanging out of the car because they are trying to get away from the Rap Music.

2003 BA Fairlane G220

Old 22-08-2005, 01:21 PM   #47
98AUXR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
Spot on!
That teen invincibility just doesn't seem to dissapear until either old age or "that 1st big one" hits.
Thats what did it for me unfortunately. Again unfortunately, people need to be shown, not told.
Old 22-08-2005, 01:22 PM   #48
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98AUXR6

See model on post #38
Old 22-08-2005, 01:26 PM   #49
XplosiveR6
Viper FG XR6 Turbo

Quote:
They are hanging out of the car because they are trying to get away from the Rap Music.
YES now that is abetter idea ban rap music, i reackon that will result in less wanaby boy racers
Old 22-08-2005, 01:26 PM   #50
98AUXR6

Quote:
: LOL I think you could be right!! Either that or being blasted out by the shockwave - no pun intended Shockwave!
Old 22-08-2005, 01:28 PM   #51
Heeno
Formally knowen as EBus

Quote:
Its rare you get a car full of pensioners egging the blue haired pilot into pulling a donut in the lawn bowls carpark. It results in colostomy bag explosions, wigs flying off, and false teeth being embedded in car upholstery.
then there should be no troubles

Lovelle superlows
Cheap a55 Pod Filter

Old 22-08-2005, 01:29 PM   #52
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
YES now that is abetter idea ban rap music, i reackon that will result in less wanaby boy racers
No it will result in less deaf wannabe boy racers.
To decrease the numbers of wannabe boy racers, we need to introduce their natural predator into their habitat.

Kodiak Bears driving Skylines.

2003 BA Fairlane G220

Old 22-08-2005, 01:34 PM   #53
Hardtopxb
Once PHASED.

Drop bears i recon( aust made)
Old 22-08-2005, 01:38 PM   #54
mick.wheelz

woah, some people need to chill out. That was a terrible example of an idiot teenageer thinking that he is invincible, BUT that dosent make us all like that. There are idiot teenagers out on the road, there are also idiot adults. I know a guy who is 40 and has lost his licence so may times because of speeding and hooning its not funny, but that dosent make all adult drivers idiots, does it?

I agree entirely with bindi on the condition of out roads. I saw an ea wagon in a ditch on the side of one of the worst roads in bundy the other day. The driver was fine, he was standing next to the car, but i am willing to bet half the reason that he was in the ditch was because the road was S***.

Last edited by mick.wheelz; 22-08-2005 at 01:46 PM.
Old 22-08-2005, 01:40 PM   #55
mick.wheelz

Quote:
hey, i happen to like rap, does that make me a wanna be boy racer?
Old 22-08-2005, 01:42 PM   #56
Heeno
Formally knowen as EBus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick.wheelz
willing to bet half the reason that he was in the ditch was because the road was .
come to think of it the roads are quite rottern arn't they...can't remember the last time i was on a decent bit of road......nope can't remember

Lovelle superlows
Cheap a55 Pod Filter

Old 22-08-2005, 01:42 PM   #57
Heeno
Formally knowen as EBus

Quote:
hey, i happen to like rap, does that make me a wanna be boy racer?
.....YES
j/k

Lovelle superlows
Cheap a55 Pod Filter

Old 22-08-2005, 01:44 PM   #58
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
woah, some people need to chill out. That was a terrible example of an idiot teenageer thinking that he is invincible, BUT that dosent make us all like that. There are idiot teenagers out on the road, there are also idiot adults. I know a guy who is 40 and has lost his licence so may times because of speeding and hooning its not funny, but that dosent make all adult drivers idiots, does it?
Idiots come in all ages, but its hard to flat shift with a dodgey hip.

Quote:
I agree entirely with bindi on the condition of out roads. I saw an ea wagon in a ditch on the side of one of the worst roads the other day. The driver was fine, he was standing next to the car, but i am willing to bet half the reason that he was in the ditch was because the road was .
Either that or the wheels had rusted off the EA. Or maybe a comet hit the car! Or maybe the driver dropped his crack pipe into his lap and set fire to his pubes. You werent there. You dont know.

2003 BA Fairlane G220

Old 22-08-2005, 01:48 PM   #59
mick.wheelz

Quote:
Idiots come in all ages, but its hard to flat shift with a dodgey hip.

Either that or the wheels had rusted off the EA. Or maybe a comet hit the car! Or maybe the driver dropped his crack pipe into his lap and set fire to his pubes. You werent there. You dont know.
thats true, but i am willing to bet that was at least a factor.
Old 22-08-2005, 01:51 PM   #60
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
thats true, but i am willing to bet that was at least a factor.
Its a scientific fact that EA's are attracted to ditches, the sea and open fires.

2003 BA Fairlane G220

Closed Thread