Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 21-08-2005, 11:19 PM   #1
ssj_jaypee
EF POWER IS HERE!

Default 4 young teens lost their lives last night because the driver was showing off

I dunno if its made National news but apparently it has.
Saw it on TV this evening, 4 teenagers aged between 15-18 died late last night after their '92 Ford Falcon lost control and ploughed into a tree splitting the car in half.

The driver only had aquired his licence a short time ago and was already known as a showoff.
The accident occured as a result of the car reportedly seen overtaking a car on the long straight road next to the beach here in Townsville.
The falcon apparently reached speeds in excess of 70km over the designated speed limit (80k zone) and had lost control in the process.

There were 2 females and 2 males that were in the car. All but 1 passenger died instantly. He was transported to hospital but died on the way.
Apparently the crash was so powerful not only did the car break in half but the engine was thrown something like 20 metres down the road.

How do I know all this?
It happened in my town, my brother knew 2 of the passengers involved and the girl I'm seeing at the moment her cousin's girlfriend was one of the females that also died there.
Pretty sad event. Goes to show that teenagers shouldn't be allowed to drive at night or with passengers.
The driver was completely at fault, he deserves no sympathy but the passengers 2 females and another male both still young didnt deserve to have their lives ended so carelessly. :(

Mods currently done:
Pacemaker extractors, true dual 2.5" exhaust to a single 3" tip
CSA 16" 5 spoke mags, spoiler, stoneflector side skirts
K&N panel filter
Tickford AU snorkel
Old 21-08-2005, 11:23 PM   #2
LUXO_8
windsor user

saw it on the news mate.... condolances to all affected by it.

saw the car and hoped it was no-one from the club...
Old 21-08-2005, 11:33 PM   #3
xrgran

Another sad loss of young lives. Unfortunately there will always be that 'one' youngster that thinks they have life/driving skills when infact they are very inept.

Condolences to all the families and friends left behind....

Old 21-08-2005, 11:34 PM   #4
Matto_84
97 EL Futura 5 speed

A very sad ending yet again, and its thanks to pricks like these that we get very harsh road rules stuck on us P platers. They show off too much. I must admit I have done a little showing off too in my first year (mainly burn outs), but not while overtaking and definately not 70kmh over the speed limit with other people in the car. But I have grown out of it now. there is a place for this and its at Calder or other racecourses that allow you in to race your car and proove that you can do something and get it on paper, very little risk of injury and death.

Everyone should stop and think like I did.. What happens if I have an accident and I survive but kill my best mate. I would never forgive myself. I have been aksed to go fast, do huge burnouts and other stuff but now I always stop and think before I act.

Dont act on peer pressure. If they dont like the way you drive stop the car and tell em to get out and walk. And if you think your mate that is driving is being stupid tell them to stop and get out if you really feel its too dangerous. I would rather walk than be dead like the time I had a mate drove me down Bell st, Melbourne in a XF at 180kmh.

My condolences go out to all affected by this tradgety
Old 21-08-2005, 11:44 PM   #5
Cheahman
BOSS 260

Saw it on the news tonight to. Bloody stupid too take an EA too 150+!! Those cars are very dangerous at those sort of speeds and to do it with a car full of passengers is just ridiculous! See banning HP cars will do nothing, accidents will always happen regardless of what young people drive.

My condolences to the families.

BA XR8
EB XR8
Old 22-08-2005, 12:02 AM   #6
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssj_jaypee
Goes to show that teenagers shouldn't be allowed to drive at night or with passengers.
Scuse me? Im a teenager (just) and I drive at night with the most important passenger of all (gf), and Im quite safe thanks. Statements like that are what I would expect from Mike Munro or Ray Martin.

Dont go painting everybody with the idiot brush. This tool was showing off, he deserved it, those in the car didnt. I wonder if they asked him to slow down though? Not suggesting anything, just wondering.
Old 22-08-2005, 12:07 AM   #7
lizardmech

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
Scuse me? Im a teenager (just) and I drive at night with the most important passenger of all (gf), and Im quite safe thanks. Statements like that are what I would expect from Mike Munro or Ray Martin.

Dont go painting everybody with the idiot brush. This tool was showing off, he deserved it, those in the car didnt. I wonder if they asked him to slow down though? Not suggesting anything, just wondering.
All teenager should be banned, a large % of teenage car accidents involve teens. Ages should be counted in binary to protect the community from dangerous numbers such as 16, 17 and 18.

Old 22-08-2005, 12:08 AM   #8
ssj_jaypee
EF POWER IS HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura

Okay that was a bit of a bad generalisation of me, take a chill pill already.
Theres plenty of idiotic teens around though. (like most of them)
My gf's cousin's gf who was in the car said she didnt want to ride with him (the driver) cause he always does stupid stuff when hes driving but they went in 2 cars and there wasnt enough room in the other one.
My guess is that the passengers were telling him to stop being an idiot and slow down but we'll never know.

Mods currently done:
K&N panel filter
Tickford AU snorkel
Old 22-08-2005, 12:14 AM   #9
XD-Machine
proud xd owner

Quote:
I dunno if its made National news but apparently it has.
Saw it on TV this evening, 4 teenagers aged between 15-18 died late last night after their '92 Ford Falcon lost control and ploughed into a tree splitting the car in half.

The driver only had aquired his licence a short time ago and was already known as a showoff.
The accident occured as a result of the car reportedly seen overtaking a car on the long straight road next to the beach here in Townsville.
The falcon apparently reached speeds in excess of 70km over the designated speed limit (80k zone) and had lost control in the process.

There were 2 females and 2 males that were in the car. All but 1 passenger died instantly. He was transported to hospital but died on the way.
Apparently the crash was so powerful not only did the car break in half but the engine was thrown something like 20 metres down the road.

How do I know all this?
It happened in my town, my brother knew 2 of the passengers involved and the girl I'm seeing at the moment her cousin's girlfriend was one of the females that also died there.
Pretty sad event. Goes to show that teenagers shouldn't be allowed to drive at night or with passengers.
The driver was completely at fault, he deserves no sympathy but the passengers 2 females and another male both still young didnt deserve to have their lives ended so carelessly. :(
can i ask were you a teen once???? the answer is of course and i bet you drived at night. think there were dickheads back in your day but they just either didnt have tv to report it or the media just didn care.This happen probably more in your day at least at school they teach us teens to try and be safe (not like it has that much effect). when you see stuff like this can you try and not serio type all teens. for example some of my friends are dickheads and thin they can speed no problems and i also have some that stay the speed limite and act sensible and admit they aint experienced.

My XD's progress http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=20847
Old 22-08-2005, 12:19 AM   #10
XD-Machine
proud xd owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardmech
All teenager should be banned, a large % of teenage car accidents involve teens. Ages should be counted in binary to protect the community from dangerous numbers such as 16, 17 and 18.
ppl like you are just stupid, stop putting everyone into that group of dickheads. the news just reports the bad stuff and nun of the good stuff. how come i never see full licenced car crashes in the news?? do they happen?? of course they do, stop being influenced by the media you pawn

My XD's progress http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=20847
Old 22-08-2005, 12:19 AM   #11
ssj_jaypee
EF POWER IS HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XD-Machine
can i ask were you a teen once???? the answer is of course and i bet you drived at night. think there were dickheads back in your day but they just either didnt have tv to report it or the media just didn care.This happen probably more in your day at least at school they teach us teens to try and be safe (not like it has that much effect). when you see stuff like this can you try and not serio type all teens. for example some of my friends are dickheads and thin they can speed no problems and i also have some that stay the speed limite and act sensible and admit they aint experienced.
I'm still a teen myself dude. (20 next month)
I still do burnouts, speed, drag race, etc.
But I'm smart enough to not do these things while I have passengers or when its not safe to do so. Thats the difference.
Doing 150km/h while carrying a car load on a dark bumpy road is clearly an idiotic thing to even consider. Many teens will do something similar cause they think they are invincible.
I hate teenagers cause I know them so well and know what they are capable of.

Mods currently done:
K&N panel filter
Tickford AU snorkel
Old 22-08-2005, 12:20 AM   #12
TZENU
XY Driv3r

It is unfortunate what has happened especially to the innocent passengers.....

Its also unfortunate that from this incident everyone is goin to jump down the path of "Teenagers this and teenagers that",.....

Understandably so, however not every young driver is a F&$% wit. Dont forget we were all young once too, (some sooner than others!)and not all of us where angels neither.

It seems the only way the government can stop this carnage is to impose tough laws, howver i see this as a step backwards, like it has been said many times, education seems to be the better option..... But who knows, only time will tell!

Dont wana add fuel to the fire but thats my 2 cents
Old 22-08-2005, 12:29 AM   #13
Shonky
my other ride is the bus.

Thats bloody terrible. Why do people (ALL people. not just P platers) do such idiotic things?

Quote:
I hate teenagers...
Dude...**edited** You are only digging yourself deeper. Admit your mistakes and zip-it.

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourbastard
Edelbrock.... not Peter Brock. Theres a world of difference. For a start my heads have much less gum tree in them.

Last edited by rodderz; 23-08-2005 at 05:48 PM.
Old 22-08-2005, 12:38 AM   #14
lizardmech

Quote:
Originally Posted by XD-Machine
ppl like you are just stupid, stop putting everyone into that group of dickheads. the news just reports the bad stuff and nun of the good stuff. how come i never see full licenced car crashes in the news?? do they happen?? of course they do, stop being influenced by the media you pawn
I see we arnt familiar with sarcasm.

Old 22-08-2005, 12:55 AM   #15
Damo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young 'un
Thats bloody terrible. Why do people (ALL people. not just P platers) do such idiotic things?

Dude... **removed** You are only digging yourself deeper. Admit your mistakes and zip-it.
I think you should shut up!

Last edited by rodderz; 23-08-2005 at 05:51 PM. Reason: removed flaming
Old 22-08-2005, 01:06 AM   #16
XplosiveR6
Viper FG XR6 Turbo

Quote:
But I'm smart enough to not do these things while I have passengers or when its not safe to do so. Thats the difference.
Doing 150km/h while carrying a car load on a dark bumpy road is clearly an idiotic thing to even consider. Many teens will do something similar cause they think they are invincible.
I hate teenagers cause I know them so well and know what they are capable of.
dont go pointing your finger at others now, when you are just as bad as the guy who crashed his car. drag racing, speeding and burnouts is never safe on a public road. people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones now

my condolences to all the familys involved, such a waste of life, for what?
Old 22-08-2005, 01:19 AM   #17
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

CHILL!

and my condolences.
Old 22-08-2005, 01:43 AM   #18
XplosiveR6
Viper FG XR6 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_au
CHILL!
yea sorry, got a bit worked up
Old 22-08-2005, 01:56 AM   #19
gtfpv
GT

it is terrible . by the way the driver doesn'nt deserve to be dead either.that is just like saying that everyone who drives mad once or twice deserves to have been killed . which means 99% of the drivers out there .chances are if he'd of survived another 2 years he may have been a safe driver.
anyone who is new to driving please go and do some advanced driving courses. these should be compulsory. and if you need to speed do it at a legal dragway or race track .those people will be dead forever now they may have lost up to 80 years of thier lives each .all over a decision .
Old 22-08-2005, 04:20 AM   #20
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

People, its no use gettin angry at eachothers opions here !! We all see this affecting us , just we all see different effects . Why dont we all try using this wasted energy on the Governments and get them to do something more than target Speeding and drink driving as the problem ! In reality they are using these problems against us as its the easiest way to raise some money while pulling the wool over the eyes of the general public by making it look like they are realy trying to save lives ! BULL S*#T!!!!! We should be pressuring them to realise that There is never going to be an end to road deaths! The best way to reduce fatalities is by "REAL" driver education! I know its going to make Getting your licence expensive , but what price do you put on someones life ! We as a minority (People who truely appreciate and enjoy our cars) are being blamed as a whole , and targeted because a few dickheads between us cant use their judgement correctly. I used to be a teenager once and sure I did my share of playing around with cars! But I always Used my judgement and never went so far as to be dangerous! I did burnouts ! But never did doughnuts or flung it around with anyone standing too close , or for that matter too close to objects that could realy cause some damage if i did stuff up! So you might say i am a ******** becasue i did a burn out or 2 ! Use your head , if there is nothing to hit or anyone who can get hurt , where is the danger ! teh only thing in danger was my wallet and im sure there are no protection laws on my own wallet! There will always be those that beleive there is no way they could stuff up because they are so good but, If we educate people properly with real driver training , Most of them will realise before they get cut loose on the roads that they are no where as good as they thought and it will happen to you or someone else! Cmon people lets not fight over this, lets try to get the government to get real and face the real problems ! There are people out there who have been a danger to themselves and others and they have been driving for years ! They drive at the speed limit , they stop at lights , they even think they follow the road rules , but cant even negotiate a round about properly! They drift out of their lane , cant judge speeds of vehicles coming up behind them in the lane they want to move into and thats just a couple of things i see all the time . I was very Pi**ed of at one of my all time heroes awhile back, Dick Johnson for being a part of that tv show . Some of the people on that show could not even negotiate a car park with out hitting other cars! Dont laugh! These people are on our roads EVERYDAY! Sorry for ranting here but I get realy angry when I get on this subject and I could go on for hours but something has to be done ! and I am sick of being targeted because I love modified cars !

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Old 22-08-2005, 07:31 AM   #21
Dodge
i like to be stroked

hopefully there is a message to young drivers, to bad the tosser driving involved his friends, when i was 17 i did all the stupid stuff alone or on a race track.
Old 22-08-2005, 08:12 AM   #22
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

What a sad story, to be repeated all over the country at various times in life unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Oval Mopar Man
There are people out there who have been a danger to themselves and others and they have been driving for years!
Damn straight. I agree, stop blaming teenagers for this mess, and stop tarring them with the same bloody brush!

It gets me really pished off when someone assumes I am exactly like my peers (always has lol). It is unfair and discriminatory. Sure, I'm not a teen now, but still the "30 is the new 20" and "kidult" terms are aimed at me

Anyway! It's not so much speeding etc that should be looked at imho. I've said it before and I'll say it again - what about the state of our roads? They are a mess, with potholes upon potholes, blind unmarked corners, fading lines and markers, uneven surfaces, slicks in the rain, etc etc etc. Don't even start me on the wrong camber of a corner... If we combine this with little driver education and training and speeding, then guess what happens? I am not just talking about L & P Platers here - I'm talking about everyone. Some drivers I know have been on the roads for 20 years, and they are still shyte drivers!

It really doesn't help matters when the roads are falling apart. How many fatal accidents have been caused on the Motorways in comparison to someone losing it on a back street on a blind corner in the rain? And which road do we drive on at the higher SPEED?

The amount of potholes I have hit and had my car veer slightly is quite incredible, but nobody mentions the conditions of the roads in any accident reports. "He hit a pothole, lost control and hit a tree" is something I don't think I've read. It's normally "He lost control and hit a tree".

Combine the shockingly bad roads with speed and dangerous driving and you have an accident waiting to happen.

That's just my two cents' worth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
Old 22-08-2005, 08:45 AM   #23
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
So I take it you only do them at a sanctioned and supervised race track of some kind then?
Its a sad and all too common story and I feel for those left behind BUT dont kid yourself into thinking that what you do is any different... that delusion just killed 4 people....again.
Haveing passengers in the car and killing them differs from losing control and killing another car filled with passengers how????

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Old 22-08-2005, 08:50 AM   #24
98AUXR6

You can't stop P Platers driving at night but I do agree the numbers should be limited to the driver and 1 passenger. Not only is there greater risk of more lives being lost with a car in the hands of inexperinced drivers (And you P Platers may argue but you are less safe due to less experience) but as often happens, these incidents occur as a result of peer pressure to 'have fun' behind the wheel.

I know all this because looking back at my youth, I did all these same stupid things, as many of the older brigade in here will probably admit as well. Also looking back at my youth, I now realise how lucky I was to survive make it through to be able to tell these words of wisdom.

Hopefully the P Platers in this forum are just as lucky and be able to realise it at some stage. I know there are some very responsible P Platers and some of you may feel you are, but in hind sight, some of you will realise you weren't as respobonsible as you thought.
Old 22-08-2005, 08:57 AM   #25
XLS99 Ute man
Who Loves Mountain Women

Such a sad story,
maybe the goverment can do adds, showing a P Plater telling the parents of the other teenagers he just killed in his car cause he was speeding
Thats gotta make people think....
Old 22-08-2005, 09:36 AM   #26
sbutler
335 kw of goodness

This might sound a bit tough, but you cant stop someone from being silly all the time, from what I know "not much" this young guy was a bit of a ratbag.
So how do you control that? Isn't that what the cops are for? The sad thing is the 3 others in the car with him, a pointless loss of life because of someone else's actions.
I dont know what will stop it, or even if we can. There are always gonna be someone that has to showoff..
Its very sad for all concerned........

2012 GTP 213 black what was I thinking? NOW FOR SALE>>
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11439680
Old 22-08-2005, 10:15 AM   #27
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98AUXR6
You can't stop P Platers driving at night but I do agree the numbers should be limited to the driver and 1 passenger.
What about young mothers and fathers? Does this mean that the young guy who has a wife and 2 kids cant drive his family to the shops because hes a P plater? And yes, trust me, there are still plenty of young P Platers (and some not so young) that have families.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Old 22-08-2005, 10:34 AM   #28
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Dude... **removed**You are only digging yourself deeper. Admit your mistakes and zip-it.
This argument shows up the true problem on the roads. Its not teenagers, and its not adults. Its immature people. And i would bet folding money that you could correlate the chimps spitting venom in this thread, with those that act like morons on the road.

Posting on a forum requires concentration, tolerance and intelligence if you dont want to fall foul of a moderator.
Amazingly, the same is required when driving to avoid falling foul of the police or the laws of physics.

Anyone see a coincidence here?

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Last edited by rodderz; 23-08-2005 at 05:54 PM. Reason: edited quote by youngin
Old 22-08-2005, 10:40 AM   #29
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
Posting on a forum requires concentration, tolerance and intelligence if you dont want to fall foul of a moderator.
Amazingly, the same is required when driving to avoid falling foul of the police or the laws of physics.

Anyone see a coincidence here?
This means I am doomed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
Old 22-08-2005, 10:49 AM   #30
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Dude... **removed** You are only digging yourself deeper. Admit your mistakes and zip-it.
*cough*

Uh, you seem to fall into that category. If I were you, I'd watch what I say, karma's a MF.

Attitude also gets you into trouble too.

Last edited by rodderz; 23-08-2005 at 05:54 PM. Reason: edited quote by youngin
Closed Thread