Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 11:26 PM   #61
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Default Re: Carbon Tax.Its a BIG Con!!!

TO some of those above ....... Just some really basic questions that dont seem to be answered so us normal tax payers can understand ....

1. If a tax is put on carbon 'manufacturers' ... and the 'manufacturers' pass on that extra cost to the 'consumer' ..... and the 'consumer' is reimbursed 'something' by the g'ment ..... who is the one that is going to change their 'carbon' habit enough to make a difference?

2. Of the extra money made by the new tax ...... how much just goes straight into general revenue and wasted?

3. Why are so many people saying 'yes' to a carbon tax blindly without knowing the amount of tax, the extent of rebates and to who those rebates are going to.

4. What effect is this going to be in real terms .... not fluffy images of white clouds, wind towers & solar panels but how is it going to make my world better in real terms .... stopping global warming, climate change isn't an answer as we are not that clever?

5. When the Carbon level is zero and everyone is dead ..... is this when the tax is lifted or is it permanent .... when we are driving cars powered by coconuts or which one comes first?

6. In other words ..... what is the point?

Heres your chance to convince the moronic disbelievers that are stupid and ignorant on the subject including myself

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-06-2011, 11:32 PM   #62
gs1973
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudszy
Tony Abbott would have you believe that the co2 problem could be stopped if we planted more trees, (anything he comes up with will incorporate business as usual for the big polluters). Sure a difference can be made by replanting cleared areas,however, deforestation isnt the major reason we have a problem with co2, its burning fossil fuels that is the big problem and needs to be tackled.

Even if we restore the earth back to times before when man hadnt felled large areas of trees, the amount of carbon returned will be finite(trees can only survive in areas where they were naturally, cant cover the sahara with them). Trees can only really take back the same amount of co2 that was released when they were burnt(if they have decomposed the carbon is already back in the soil) it cant keep soaking up the extra amount that man has put into the atmosphere as a result of burning fossil fuels for the last 200 years.
Okay then, what about the 100's of millions of tons of Carbon spewing from all the active Volcanoes then?
Old 05-06-2011, 11:33 PM   #63
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau
TO some of those above ....... Just some really basic questions that dont seem to be answered so us normal tax payers can understand ....

1. If a tax is put on carbon 'manufacturers' ... and the 'manufacturers' pass on that extra cost to the 'consumer' ..... and the 'consumer' is reimbursed 'something' by the g'ment ..... who is the one that is going to change their 'carbon' habit enough to make a difference?

2. Of the extra money made by the new tax ...... how much just goes straight into general revenue and wasted?

3. Why are so many people saying 'yes' to a carbon tax blindly without knowing the amount of tax, the extent of rebates and to who those rebates are going to.

4. What effect is this going to be in real terms .... not fluffy images of white clouds, wind towers & solar panels but how is it going to make my world better in real terms .... stopping global warming, climate change isn't an answer as we are not that clever?

5. When the Carbon level is zero and everyone is dead ..... is this when the tax is lifted or is it permanent .... when we are driving cars powered by coconuts or which one comes first?

Heres your chance to convince the moronic disbelievers that are stupid and ignorant on the subject including myself

Bravo !

And I sincerely hope this thread doesn't get locked/closed.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:35 PM   #64
gs1973
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Exactly, another con job by these idiot's for more Taxes.. There are some gullible people on here..
Old 05-06-2011, 11:37 PM   #65
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs1973
Okay then, what about the 100's of millions of tons of Carbon spewing from all the active Volcanoes then?

Obviously there is "good" CO2 and "bad" CO2 ...
Old 05-06-2011, 11:38 PM   #66
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Well played Dave
Old 05-06-2011, 11:39 PM   #67
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Quote:
http://www.skepticalscience.com/volc...termediate.htm

BTW - Pinutubo was the biggest eruption of the last century. I went there and did disaster relief.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:44 PM   #68
gs1973
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews
http://www.skepticalscience.com/volc...termediate.htm

BTW - Pinutubo was the biggest eruption of the last century. I went there and did disaster relief.
Yeah, and I have seen other reports to the contrary.. Thats the thing here people- no one really knows.. Just a bunch of blokes running around with theories I think..
Old 05-06-2011, 11:58 PM   #69
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

LOL, no that is scientists discounting the crap that people that just make stuff up and post for people to swallow, hook, line and sinker.
The references to the bodies in that data carries a bit more weight I think.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:59 PM   #70
mcnews
Trev

By the way, I am still on the fence, but I am sitting on that fence wildly amused at what people quote as fact. Seriously it's like religion, but the non-believers are ever more deadset in their proclamations and pushing their barrow than the believers in this!

Oh and of course Alan Jones being in the cause instantly means it must be total crap :-)
Old 06-06-2011, 12:00 AM   #71
gs1973
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
LOL, no that is scientists discounting the crap that people that just make stuff up and post for people to swallow, hook, line and sinker.
Probably, but tell me this- how is it posible to measure the output of every active Volcanoe on earth? I wan't to see that one..
Cheers.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:02 AM   #72
mcnews
Trev

Read the science references in that article. It is all peer reviewed science done by people that spend their waking lives and half their sleep also studying this stuff. Not quackery invented by shock jocks or people behind bodies with multinationals stuffing their back pockets full of cash... They are doing the best they can approaching things with every method at their disposal.

Then you have people being paid to try and push a particular point by big industry just sticking their fingers in their ears going nah nah nah nah . Like I say, it's all just amusement to me. Funniest **** going
Old 06-06-2011, 12:03 AM   #73
gs1973
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
By the way, I am still on the fence, but I am sitting on that fence wildly amused at what people quote as fact. Seriously it's like religion, but the non-believers are ever more deadset in their proclamations and pushing their barrow than the believers in this!

Oh and of course Alan Jones being in the cause instantly means it must be total crap :-)
True. It's pretty easy to push the negative barrow though.. Who want's this damn Tax? You know as well as I do it will not achieve a thing. Like the kid sticking his finger in the Dyke wall..
Old 06-06-2011, 12:05 AM   #74
mcnews
Trev

That's fine, argue against the tax. Don't go finding religion and spreading biblical style made up lies to all and sundry. This is where the argument against the tax falls down. Make the argument against the tax, that is the only logical way to fight it. Quoting crap like you did just makes everyone on that side of the equation look like morons.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:07 AM   #75
gs1973
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Read the science references in that article. It is all peer reviewed science done by people that spend their waking lives and half their sleep also studying this stuff. Not quackery invented by shock jocks or people behind bodies with multinationals stuffing their back pockets full of cash... They are doing the best they can approaching things with every method at their disposal.

Then you have people being paid to try and push a particular point by big industry just sticking their fingers in their ears going nah nah nah nah . Like I say, it's all just amusement to me. Funniest **** going
It is pretty funny I will admit. But, if it is 'true' and the biggest polluting economies on earth don't want a bar of it? we are doomed regardless, I'm sure you agree?
Old 06-06-2011, 12:09 AM   #76
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
Funny thing about the net - you dont have to re-post everything you get sent.
Cant see this thread lasting long.
Its also been posted on here before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudszy
Tony Abbott would have you believe that the co2 problem could be stopped if we planted more trees, (anything he comes up with will incorporate business as usual for the big polluters).
Well he thought of the carbon tax the government is now trying to implement so it must be BS then.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:10 AM   #77
gs1973
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
That's fine, argue against the tax. Don't go finding religion and spreading biblical style made up lies to all and sundry. This is where the argument against the tax falls down. Make the argument against the tax, that is the only logical way to fight it. Quoting crap like you did just makes everyone on that side of the equation look like morons.
What crap? If I could be stuffed I would find you several articles by highly qualified scientists who dispute the crap.. So they are wrong due to their theory?
Old 06-06-2011, 12:11 AM   #78
mcnews
Trev

All the more reason people shouldn't peddle made up crap to try at any length to discount what our best and brightest minds are suggesting what we are heading for. But instead enter proper discussion about oh well if we are farked, well we should start preparing for things to get warmer etc. There actually is actually a scientist getting around saying exactly that, it is going to happen, we are not going to change so we are not going to change the outcome, so best we instead just start preparing for coming decades being warmer by changing building codes etc. to reflect that things will get more exciting when it comes to weather. And stop people building on low lying coast etc. etc.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:14 AM   #79
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrckelley
How can you not be cynical.

the government’s solution to carbon dioxide pollution just happens to involve paying the government a s&%t load of money.

SO true, Just another reason for them to make money.

Oh and trust Sudszy to agree with the Government/Media hype
Old 06-06-2011, 12:15 AM   #80
mcnews
Trev

Casey just won the MotoGP, woohoo! :-)
Burning fossil fuels is so much fun though isn't it, LOL/
Old 06-06-2011, 12:23 AM   #81
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
That is an extremely one sided biased site though ..... have you read through it? Volcanos vs man .... I dont know who wins but cannot rely on sites like that to show a balanced discussion.

A bit of reading .... whether you beleive in the bloke or not he has as much 'knowledge' as the rest of them ....... just a snippet below form http://opinion.financialpost.com/201...odels-go-cold/

Quote:
We are now at an extraordinary juncture. Official climate science, which is funded and directed entirely by government, promotes a theory that is based on a guess about moist air that is now a known falsehood. Governments gleefully accept their advice, because the only ways to curb emissions are to impose taxes and extend government control over all energy use. And to curb emissions on a world scale might even lead to world government — how exciting for the political class!

Even if we stopped emitting all carbon dioxide tomorrow, completely shut up shop and went back to the Stone Age, according to the official government climate models it would be cooler in 2050 by about 0.015 degrees. But their models exaggerate 10-fold — in fact our sacrifices would make the planet in 2050 a mere 0.0015 degrees cooler!

Finally, to those who still believe the planet is in danger from our carbon dioxide emissions: Sorry, but you’ve been had. Yes, carbon dioxide is a cause of global warming, but it’s so minor it’s not worth doing much about.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-06-2011, 12:37 AM   #82
gs1973
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
All the more reason people shouldn't peddle made up crap to try at any length to discount what our best and brightest minds are suggesting what we are heading for. But instead enter proper discussion about oh well if we are farked, well we should start preparing for things to get warmer etc. There actually is actually a scientist getting around saying exactly that, it is going to happen, we are not going to change so we are not going to change the outcome, so best we instead just start preparing for coming decades being warmer by changing building codes etc. to reflect that things will get more exciting when it comes to weather. And stop people building on low lying coast etc. etc.
Ok, so it is Global warming? we better get this sorted then because alot of Scientists are now claiming it's Climate change? Maybe because the Earth has cooled 0.7 of a degree in the last 50 years? Just sayin'
Old 06-06-2011, 12:38 AM   #83
gs1973
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Casey just won the MotoGP, woohoo! :-)
Burning fossil fuels is so much fun though isn't it, LOL/
Whoohoo indeed The dirty polluting little bugger
Old 06-06-2011, 12:42 AM   #84
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
Okay, here's the bombshell. The volcanic eruption in Iceland, since its first spewing of volcanic ash has, in just FOUR DAYS, NEGATED EVERY SINGLE EFFORT you have made in the past five years to control CO2 emissions on our planet – all of you.

Ah that doesn't upset me. I haven't done anything to try reduce CO2. So I didn't waste any time or effort at all
Old 06-06-2011, 12:49 AM   #85
gs1973
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
That is an extremely one sided biased site though ..... have you read through it? Volcanos vs man .... I dont know who wins but cannot rely on sites like that to show a balanced discussion.

A bit of reading .... whether you beleive in the bloke or not he has as much 'knowledge' as the rest of them ....... just a snippet below form http://opinion.financialpost.com/201...odels-go-cold/
A great alternative article of which there are many.. As I said earlier just alot of people on both sides of the debate with white lab coats and a theory.. Only difference is that the pro 'Climate change' Scientists have the Government behind them.. And who has YOUR Money??
Old 06-06-2011, 12:51 AM   #86
charles_wif_xf
Purveyor of filth

Quote:
A great alternative article of which there are many.. As I said earlier just alot of people on both sides of the debate with white lab coats and a theory.. Only difference is that the pro 'Climate change' Scientists have the Government behind them.. And who has YOUR Money??
This is the best post of the entire thread thus far.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:52 AM   #87
gs1973
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm going to bed, it's minus 3 here at the moment.. Someone get some Carbon up there please?
Cheers all.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:53 AM   #88
BHDOGS
Banned

Im confused i thought the carbon tax was for Australia to help Australia make lower emissions i didnt realise it was the world tax that would make the world produce less seriously tho its time for something to be done either way tony abbots direct action is a big load of ******** thats been proven if a carbon tax makes a difference good if it doesnt its just another tax your getting in the **** like all the other ******** ones but atleast there trying something doesnt anybody remember john howard was gonna bring in an ets aswell now all of suddenly its unfashionable again hell most countrys have an ets or are in plans to bring one in australian isnt really going it alone tons of countrys already have this or something similar and there still functioning.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:56 AM   #89
gs1973
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHDOGS
Im confused i thought the carbon tax was for Australia to help Australia make lower emissions i didnt realise it was the world tax that would make the world produce less seriously tho its time for something to be done either way tony abbots direct action is a big load of ******** thats been proven if a carbon tax makes a difference good if it doesnt its just another tax your getting in the **** like all the other ******** ones but atleast there trying something doesnt anybody remember john howard was gonna bring in an ets aswell now all of suddenly its unfashionable again hell most countrys have an ets or are in plans to bring one in australian isnt really going it alone tons of countrys already have this or something similar and there still functioning.
Your probably partly correct.. But how many of those Countries wth an ETS make their money exporting Coal to the biggest polluters in the world?
Old 06-06-2011, 12:57 AM   #90
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I don't care for Tony Abbott, and I don't care for Julia either, I just like trees, they're pretty is all

CO2... isn't that the stuff they make fizzy drinks with? If so, why doesn't the ocean taste like mineral water already? /stupidity
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
Closed Thread