Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 04-04-2008, 02:05 PM   #241
Karnage
Finger Painter

Airbrush /costom painter, who finds himself spending more time doing resto work and paint n panel
Karnage is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2008, 12:09 AM   #242
fpr_esp
351 xe s pac

im an nc setter/operator/maintnance in somerton i also program "my foriegners only dont tell my boss" hehe as i dont get paid to program so i wont.

i strongly recommend people dont get into this trade i have been at the one company now for 6 years and talk to people who come work for the company i work for that just came from another nc and milling firm and its the same horror stories crap pay for a trade supposedly known for top wages ranging from $25-$100 per hour our top setter with 45 years experiance is only on $27 an hour, bosses that treat thier employees like crap, ive also seen numerous bullying in the trade and they keep them on as good setters/programers are hard to come by.

with all that said i like my job its a bludge, to set a job may take 30-60 mins depending on the job then its bludgeville unless the machine has a hissy fit then the maintnance comes into it and that rarely happens because im that good of a setter lol and keep a well kept machine, but i mainly stand around 4 hrs+ a day chit chatting with fellow employees about cars hot women current events our favorite metal bands \m/<->\m/, plenty of o.t during the week, saturdays work and its 2 mins from where i live so i ride a pushie to work takes me 10 mins less money on fuel.

but yep thats what i do for a crust. :

Last edited by fpr_esp; 05-04-2008 at 12:21 AM.
fpr_esp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2008, 12:12 AM   #243
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer
IT Site Support at a mine site

FIFO FTW!
Whats the pay like, I'm willing to go to Uni to do further study in IT after VCE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2008, 11:17 AM   #244
Homer
Poor IT dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sFTW
Whats the pay like, I'm willing to go to Uni to do further study in IT after VCE.
The money's very good, though the amount depends on what roster you are on, mine site etc.

I didn't bother with Uni but I have a diploma of systems technology.
One of my work mates has no qualifications at all, though he is pretty switched on when it comes to computers (geek). While the other has a certificate IV from Tafe.
Homer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post