Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-12-2020, 06:02 PM   #3391
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Anyone else in Sydney smashed by hayfever today?

I’ve been sneezing almost uncontrollably since nine-ish, my part time colleague 20km away reports the same. Figure it’s either pollen or harvest dust.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2020, 06:39 PM   #3392
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Anyone else in Sydney smashed by hayfever today?

I’ve been sneezing almost uncontrollably since nine-ish, my part time colleague 20km away reports the same. Figure it’s either pollen or harvest dust.
I've been loading up the tissues since I got up, I'd reckon it'll pollen here in Melb.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2020, 10:22 PM   #3393
.:4:.
Kicking back

Hmmmmmm. Im still a tad bit annoyed. I slashed the top section of my backyard. I dont often go up there so i half **** it when it comes to garden maintenance. It borders a newly constructed child care centre. So i slashed it with the whipper snipper with the aim of hitting it with my mower to make it presentable again. No chance of hitting it with the mower. Too much builders rubble. I dont really want my shins turned into swiss cheese. But what really gets up my goat. Its just lazyness. Pallet wrap, reminants of pretty much the range from 7/11. Ive spent many years working on site, but thats just sloppy. With the builders rubble, if it was just a little bit, id let that slide. Form work is never perfect. But its enough to need to hit it with a chissel on a hammer drill on hammer. But the human rubbish. Thats not on. And its relatively recent. Ive known about the rubble for months. The childcare centre has been 'finished' for 6 months, but remains unopened and has constant remeidial works being done, so my guess is it isnt up to scratch. But i suppose if you pay peanuts you get monkeys. Still ****es me off though. A bunch of grubs.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-12-2020, 11:01 PM   #3394
marty351

..4.., you should make a formal complaint to council about this. Any builders refuse falling onto your property is not on. It also stinks of lazy and careless and incompetent management.
Old 07-12-2020, 11:39 PM   #3395
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
..4.., you should make a formal complaint to council about this. Any builders refuse falling onto your property is not on. It also stinks of lazy and careless and incompetent management.
Ive done the whole council thing before. They just put their hands in the air and wiggle their fingers like fairys. Its not worth the expense of legal fees to take it to court. Im balls deep in legal fees for another unrelated issue. Its just bs. A little slag from formwork. Righto. But its closer to that a cooling lava run from an active volcano, just made of concrete. If the human waste was just something that say the wind took a hold of, thats just incidental. But, i semi cleaned it up, well the human stuff. The bin got collected this morning.
Could be worse. My brothers neighbor got new carpet and the insides painted. The painters messed up the carpet. Didnt do a very good job painting. When the warenty job was done, the paint was still sub standard, but they left a bucket. And they crapped in the bucket. Thats past what the term deplorable means. My council isnt terrible, but they suck at dispute resolutions.
Old 08-12-2020, 12:02 AM   #3396
marty351

Hmmm, Tracy Grimshaw and co? Maybe they're doing a name and shame on sloppy builders? Anything to beat them...
Old 08-12-2020, 02:20 AM   #3397
Kicking back

The last mob i worked for wasnt the cheapest around. But we never skimped on materials or workmanship. Keeping it clean was a big deal. And, keeping it clean makes for a much nicer work environment. Its not uncommen for people to go for the best price, then be dissapointed for poor work. Its cowboys. Oportunistic people paying peanuts and not giving a crap towards clients. All to make a dollar. Its all to common these days. There is no longer such thing as a future proofed solution. Its all the cash grab.
This user likes this post:
Old 09-12-2020, 05:41 PM   #3398
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Wanted a new padded cover for a musical cabinet. Went googling for my previous preferred supplier. I found…

It was a kick in the guts to read this, nothing compared to what the poor buggers have obviously lived through. Just nice to deal with, did good work.
Old 09-12-2020, 07:56 PM   #3399
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah that is not nice to see sucks.

Only thinking recently about getting some storage covers stitched together for a couple of amps.
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2020, 08:17 PM   #3400
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I’m going to ask if they’ve got a timeline. I can wait a few months, it’s just Marie Kondo type intense tidying stuff - no world tours coming up.
Old 11-12-2020, 01:13 PM   #3401
peaterj
Donating Member

When laying/lying in bed and you hear a car door slam out the front just before midnight, by the time you get out there nothing looks amiss.

Check the security vision next day and find some one has taken a leak on the road.

Video of said event and no that's not my cat either.

https://youtu.be/0l9uImKRUCw
peaterj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2020, 01:41 PM   #3402
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Check number 6.
When there is no urinal nearby, you can urinate on the left rear tire of your vehicle.
No need to wander with your legs clenched looking for a bathroom. If there is not a urinal handy, it is legal to urinate on the left rear tire of your vehicle.
Mr_G6ET is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2020, 01:43 PM   #3403
Kicking back

Sorta along the same vein. Got up for a drink of water at 5am. Went back to bed. Got up properly at 8am. Standard morning routine, layed a fat cable, went to flush and nothing. Turned on the tap and nothing. Havent received a water bill in a while, but to my knowledge was up to date. Normally when they shut the street down for repairs they do a letterbox drop. So checked my letterbox, again nothing. So i checked the sydney water interwebs for planned outages for maintenance. Again nothing. So i called them and checked my account. The lady i was dealing with was lovely. My account is fine. Got put through to the maintenance department. And they set a new world record. I was only on hold for all of 30 seconds. But the next lovely person looked up my address, and the reason no maintenance was up on the interwebs was it was an emergency repair. So water is back on, but now i have to air my house out due to the fermented log.
Old 11-12-2020, 01:49 PM   #3404
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_G6ET View Post
Check number 6.
When there is no urinal nearby, you can urinate on the left rear tire of your vehicle.
No need to wander with your legs clenched looking for a bathroom. If there is not a urinal handy, it is legal to urinate on the left rear tire of your vehicle.
Growing up i had a mate whos dad flexed that rule all the time. He had no shame. Would pull over anywhere and water down the rear left tyre. I beleive its an old law from the horse and cart days thats never been updated. I may be wrong, but thats the reason my mates dad gave to his embarrassed kids when he would do it when they had friends in the car.
Old 11-12-2020, 02:14 PM   #3405
Peter B - CV8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Growing up i had a mate whos dad flexed that rule all the time. He had no shame. Would pull over anywhere and water down the rear left tyre. I beleive its an old law from the horse and cart days thats never been updated. I may be wrong, but thats the reason my mates dad gave to his embarrassed kids when he would do it when they had friends in the car.
Handy to know - what with my swollen prostate & all..
Peter B - CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2020, 02:19 PM   #3406
shedcoupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

double post
shedcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2020, 02:20 PM   #3407
shedcoupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Went to a whitegoods store and bought a freezer.
Was offered a 'health check' on my phone package (had never heard of that before but whatever).
Turns out I can get $5 off a month and a free modem upgrade. Okay - bring it on.
Complete the paperwork.

But it's telstramoron so there just has to be idiocy.
Email - 'what's your address ?' Thinks - they've had it for ten years ... Reply anyway.
Email2 - 'what's your address ?' Thinks - FFS you're stupid. Reply anyway.
Email3 - 'what's your address ?' Okay so you want to go do you ?
No worries. Complaint filed, reference number supplied, complaint to Telecommunications Ombudsman (TIO) made.

Then their useless phone app gets involved with a farcical series of non-communications with some poor sods in the Philippines.
Result - nothing.

Then the next bill arrives and I get charged $217 for the free modem which has actually arrived by now (though I haven't plugged it in as it's almost certain to burn the house down and give the entire world rabies or something given telstramoron's usual performance).

So I go online to the Philippines again and get it allegedly sorted (I'll see what happens when they next deduct from my bank account).

There's been so many screw-ups over the years (ie. mum dies, pay all the bills, get a bill, dad ditto). And they STILL don't have my physical address correct (modem was delivered to a PO box).

The world-class imbeciles in telstramoron management should all be sacked immediately. If I did my job their way I wouldn't have one.
4 users like this post:
Old 11-12-2020, 02:52 PM   #3408
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by shedcoupe View Post
Went to a whitegoods store and bought a freezer.
Was offered a 'health check' on my phone package (had never heard of that before but whatever).
Turns out I can get $5 off a month and a free modem upgrade. Okay - bring it on.
Complete the paperwork.

But it's telstramoron so there just has to be idiocy.
Email - 'what's your address ?' Thinks - they've had it for ten years ... Reply anyway.
Email2 - 'what's your address ?' Thinks - FFS you're stupid. Reply anyway.
Email3 - 'what's your address ?' Okay so you want to go do you ?
No worries. Complaint filed, reference number supplied, complaint to Telecommunications Ombudsman (TIO) made.

Then their useless phone app gets involved with a farcical series of non-communications with some poor sods in the Philippines.
Result - nothing.

Then the next bill arrives and I get charged $217 for the free modem which has actually arrived by now (though I haven't plugged it in as it's almost certain to burn the house down and give the entire world rabies or something given telstramoron's usual performance).

So I go online to the Philippines again and get it allegedly sorted (I'll see what happens when they next deduct from my bank account).

There's been so many screw-ups over the years (ie. mum dies, pay all the bills, get a bill, dad ditto). And they STILL don't have my physical address correct (modem was delivered to a PO box).

The world-class imbeciles in telstramoron management should all be sacked immediately. If I did my job their way I wouldn't have one.

But Hey! you're saving 5 bucks a month.

I'd pay double to not have to deal with Telstra
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 11-12-2020, 03:39 PM   #3409
shedcoupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Id pay triple but they have the coverage in the bush I need.
That is a rort if ever there was one.
Old 11-12-2020, 04:32 PM   #3410
shedcoupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And another one - a while ago I was in Newman WA for a few days.
I like to speak with my wife on a video app after work.
But the internettage is rubbish between 1700 and 2200.
So I whine to telstramoron who comes back saying ‘well it’s not our fault - it’s the NBN’s, and they say in effect that there isn’t a problem, has never been a problem and will never been a problem’.
So the next stop is a letter to the federal member for that area I guess and that will achieve two fifths of not much I’d imagine.
Old 15-12-2020, 06:44 PM   #3411
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

I have said this before, but I hate people who exploit the nature of other people to get what they want. This person/s I am referring to also have their head so far up the own ***** that they can't see or comprehend how their actions affect others outside of their own circle. But hey, I'm a yes man so whats the problem!?

And yes, I'm an angry sod tonight!
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2020, 07:37 PM   #3412
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Sorry to hear that.
Old 22-12-2020, 08:01 PM   #3413
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's that time of year when everyone is bringing out the dead in the IT world when you're about to finish up for a long break.

I'm copping it for it for both projects I worked on and those I had nothing to do with

Where are the use cases and the test results? The most basic test would have failed ****en months ago, long before it went to production and with plenty of time to address it

I'm mic dropping on Thursday and won't be back until to 28/1 to deal with this ****. Pass the buck all you want in the meantime
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 23-12-2020, 08:09 PM   #3414
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I’m feeling really worn down by stupid people, stubborn people and peripheral ****wittery today.

The cherry on top being a lot owner who intends to demolish half his tenant’s shower tomorrow because the unit below is reporting a leak. I know who will be asked to resolve thereafter.

Yep, I hate that!
3 users like this post:
Old 23-12-2020, 10:00 PM   #3415
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you could self isolate yourself, or go and cough over the lot owner, that will keep him excited.
Old 01-01-2021, 02:04 PM   #3416
Kicking back

Was heading to the shop this morning. Main road, cruising at the 60km speed limit, nothing unusual. Some bell end drives straight through the stop sign on a side street and cuts me off pretty hard. So i got on the anchors, then proceeds to brake test me. I was in the anchors anyway, so that bit wasnt what got up my goat. This knob jockey had kids in the car, and when i passed him, it was obvious, they were moving around to places you cant if you are wearing a seatbelt.
As a parent myself, my kid knows instinctively that car=seatbelt. And as a responsible parent, i know with kids in the car, dont drive like a bell end. In my opinion, it doesnt matter how many airbags or electronic wizardry your car has, seatbelts are the mainstay for not getting messed up any worse then possible in an unfortunate event.
4 users like this post:
Old 09-01-2021, 08:23 PM   #3417
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Forgetting to set my alarm last night.

Cue a mad rush to get dressed, scoff some breakfast, skull a coffee and drive to work.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 09-01-2021, 09:05 PM   #3418
mondeomatureguy

Hi Guys,
This didn't happen to me but to a mate of mine who was a Police Officer for 30 years who has since retired.

he was called to a job where a little one was locked in a car in the hot sun while mum n dad went to a Pub.
A lady had seen the child when she returned to her car and called the Police. He told me that day it was abound 30 degress and when he got to the car park and couldn't open the car he didn't have much choice but to smash the passnger side window to open the car up.

He told me "He called an Ambulance and the child was covered in sweet, then mum n dad turn up.
The father wasn't worried about his daughter but kept asking my mate " whos going to pay for my window"?

He called for a Paddy Wagon and then told mum n dad " your under arrest for leaving your child in a hot car where she could have died"

Just goes to show that some people "should never have Children".
mondeomatureguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-01-2021, 12:44 PM   #3419
Kicking back

A minor annoyance, but buying parts for my car. And this happens at more then 1 parts place. At the desk they ask for your rego. And it comes up as 2008 ford falc. So thats all correct as to what my rego papers say, the build date was January 2008 but its a fairy. Then they ask the next round of questions. Then they say fg? No, bf. So after they turn the screen around and show me a photo of an fg, and ive owned an fg before, i always have to say look up 2007 falcon.
Similar issue to when i had the fg. So when the question was 6 cylinder or 6 cylinder turbo, theyd get perplexed when id say 4 cylinder. It was an ecoboost. Granted, if its not mechanical bits, an fg is an fg, but anyrate. Minor annoyance.
Old 17-01-2021, 12:59 PM   #3420
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
A minor annoyance, but buying parts for my car. And this happens at more then 1 parts place. At the desk they ask for your rego. And it comes up as 2008 ford falc. So thats all correct as to what my rego papers say, the build date was January 2008 but its a fairy. Then they ask the next round of questions. Then they say fg? No, bf. So after they turn the screen around and show me a photo of an fg, and ive owned an fg before, i always have to say look up 2007 falcon.
Similar issue to when i had the fg. So when the question was 6 cylinder or 6 cylinder turbo, theyd get perplexed when id say 4 cylinder. It was an ecoboost. Granted, if its not mechanical bits, an fg is an fg, but anyrate. Minor annoyance.
i always had that problem when i had my October 2005 bf falcon, i had many places state that it was a ba2 and wasn't a 6 speed, in the end ifs just tell shops that it was a 06 xr8
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post