Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-08-2020, 12:53 AM   #1
ozziehenry
Starter Motor

Smile Custom ford oval badges.

Hello all, got a series3 au xr8 in black that I’m holding onto and want to slowly customise... I say slowly because the virus has not only taken my job, but any chance I had of cruising her down to the Prom this summer fully dressed up along with it!
So the big changes have been put on hold but I’m still keen to get a few smaller details done, which is why I’m here.
I’m chasing some blacked out Ford oval logo badges for the hood and the boot.
I can get the 9” American’s off any Tom, dick and Harry but nothing that fits an au.
Can anyone help me out with where I might be able to get something or someone to help make this happen?
The blue oval has got to go, I’m going black on black on black on black...
Cheers in advance👍🏼👍🏼
ozziehenry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2020, 01:03 PM   #2
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Default Re: Custom ford oval badges.

Here's a contact for you, can make any one you want:
https://www.facebook.com/KillerGraff...47389438667567

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2020, 01:17 PM   #3
my67xr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: This contribution: 04 SX TX AWD, drama's replacing upper outer joints w/Nolathane replacements 

Not sure if you can do it to AU Ford oval badge's but i have customised a few other Ford oval's before.
You take the badge off and remove the double sided tape, then using some 320 wet and dry (wet with water) rub back the back of the badge directly behind where can see the colour from the front. there's a layer of silver then a layer of blue, once you sand through the blue it's clear plastic
Then finish it of with some 600 wet and dry (used wet) to get rid of the 320G mark's, then dry it off well
Next i give it a couple of light coat's of plastic adhesion primer (it's clear paint), then use what ever colour you want to finish it off
All you need to do next is to let it dry then apply some more 3M tape and stick it back on to the car

click below to view my build threads
67 XR Fairmont
04 SX TX Territory AWD

my67xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2020, 09:46 AM   #4
xrxystu
Hangar pilot....

I had some made for my EB a few years ago by a mob in the US called Tower Decals. It was a decal that fitted over the original blue ford oval. I just gave them the dimensions for the EB Ford oval which was 4.1 inches X 1.64 inches. Not sure if that's the same as the AU XR8 ones... I've got an AU S3 XR8 cooling it's heels in the garage so I can go check if you need.

I can't upload a picture right now but if you go to the "Show and Shine" section of these forums under EA-ED pictures, mine is the black EB Fairmont Ghia on page 182. You can see it has the custom black ford badges front and rear. It really suited the black car.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any more info etc.

Stu
'66 XR Fairmont- The Project
xrxystu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2020, 01:24 PM   #5
ozziehenry
Starter Motor

Cheers guys for the help, I was lucky enough to have an old au bonnet hiding in the shed so I used it as my practice run. I was able to get the badge off no worries but it had the centering pins which was going to make sanding very difficult. I gave it a go on one end and started melting plastic before I worked out that it wasn’t going to work.
So I flipped it over and quickly worked it out. With a stencil knife and a little patience, the rubber insert pops right out of the plastic badge and low and behold that’s where the blue paint is.
If I can work out how to upload photos it explains what I’m saying very easily. The blue paint will come off, very very tediously kind of like picking at the stubborn spots of your sunburn once it starts to flake, but a whole lot more rewarding! There has to be an easier way, but for now at least I have an answer that will work.
ozziehenry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2020, 01:34 PM   #6
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozziehenry View Post
If I can work out how to upload photos it explains what I’m saying very easily. The blue paint will come off, very very tediously kind of like picking at the stubborn spots of your sunburn once it starts to flake, but a whole lot more rewarding! There has to be an easier way, but for now at least I have an answer that will work.
Try Postimage.

https://postimages.org
Old 13-08-2020, 02:18 PM   #7
Raptor
^^^^^^^^
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For quietly going about moderating in a fair and even manner. 

How To Make Your Own Custom Ford Emblem

3 users like this post: