Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-06-2020, 12:09 PM   #211
Paynie
Starter Motor

Default Re: Beware importing a car from the US

Gday Tom, I’m not being funny but March this year or last year, my car has been missing since this time last year. Give me a call 0407351774
Paynie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2020, 12:12 PM   #212
Tom1966
Starter Motor

Thats a valid question mate, That email is from march this year. The whole shipping process started mid last year. Ill give you a bell
Tom1966 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2020, 08:35 PM   #213
berntd
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom1966 View Post
Hi all, I have been trying to chase up Indy from Usa2Aus for a while now and only stumbled onto this forum looking for other contact methods for the company. Reading all the other issues people have had is very distressing. Like you I have entrusted them with some expensive cargo which is MIA. The last contact i had was on the 9th of march:

GENERAL NOTIFICATION

The arrival date of this container has been delayed due to the transshipment via China. We do not have an updated ETA however we will do so as more information comes to hand.

The USAtoAUS team

Since then nothing. My shipment was due to land in Melbourne a long time ago. If anyone has anymore info on who the containers go to so that maybe i can contact them(used to be CFS in spotswood) . I have used this company before and also shipments are generally always late (which I'm not to stressed about) but have never had them not respond like this.
If it is this year, then surely it is because of COVID19? All the stuff I ordered has not arrived.
There are not many ships and containers arriving. So there is still hope for you,

Cheers
Bernt
berntd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2020, 09:38 AM   #214
oz4wd
Starter Motor

I am another victim of these thieves.

I live in Nashville Tennessee but originally from Brisbane. In 2019 I got 4 vehicles moved from Australia to me in Nashville. two arrived ok the other two were damaged, 1 had been swiped around a pole and the other had been hitting the roof of the container and caved in the roof and rear door. the one with pole damage arrived with space saver wheels instead of the mags it had when it left. I too paid for insurance but got no policy. But the big problem for me is I did not receive the import documentation so I can not do anything with these cars until I work out how to fix this.
I tracked down the Customs agent they used in the US "All Ways International shipping" out of Baltimore but emails bounce back from them and phone is disconnected.

I have sent USAtoAUS over 40 emails as well as real mail, phone calls text messages without a reply then I found this group. If anyone is organising a class action, count me in. not that i think we will see anything from these crooks.

You know for all the crap our politicians carry on with you would think they would tighten all the loop holes these low life's use to dodge the law.
oz4wd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 18-06-2020, 09:59 PM   #215
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am in Atlanta, was going to offer a hand, then I realised you are still here ... waving in your direction
EgoFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2020, 04:55 AM   #216
toyotanut
Starter Motor

So I am yet another victim of the Phil, Indy, and Lawrence Ryan. (I am not very familiar with forums so bear with me.)

I purchased a Toyota land cruiser from a dealer in Melbourne and payed phil to ship it to the Tacoma, Washington. Basically he has been giving me the run around since January of this year. Even with the fires and COVID 19 he has had ample time to load the vehicle. He stopped responding to me around May 18th.

I am at the point at which I need to report the vehicle stolen as well as the money for shipping it. I would also be a contender in a class action suit if one is being organised. These people are criminals and should be in prison by the looks of the heart ache they are causing so many.

I have done a little research and I think I have a picture of the Owner Lawrence Ryan as well as a couple of clues as to where he may have his business located in Vancouver Washington and places he attends in Washington.

Like I said, I want to help in any way I can. I live in Colorado, but I am willing to do what I can state side so that we can end these crooks.

-B
toyotanut is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 27-06-2020, 06:00 AM   #217
Paynie
Starter Motor

Gday mate,give paynie a call and he will give you the Lawer to call
Paynie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2020, 04:09 PM   #218
ossietim
Starter Motor

Anyone know a reliable shipper on the east coast USA ??
ossietim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2020, 04:28 PM   #219
jd dad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossietim View Post
Anyone know a reliable shipper on the east coast USA ??
Try classic and muscle car imports, has a FB page if you’re on there.
Old 03-07-2020, 04:28 PM   #220
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

See if Jeff Rubin is still plying his trade. I found him pretty straight up, but not the cheapest.

Similar MO with consolidated shipments to the rascals here, but good timeliness and accountability.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2020, 03:54 AM   #221
greasemonkey
Starter Motor

I’m still chasing these crooks. I’m in USA too. None of my emails or calls have been answered in a year! If a class action lawsuit is organized in AU or USA, I’m in.
greasemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2020, 07:15 AM   #222
Spidermcglurk
Starter Motor

Hey mate,have you been on the iha8mud forum? Same situation regarding these thieves.I have posted a cobtact number from someone in Australia handling legal action against them.There are also guys over your way doing the same.Hope this helps,cheers
Spidermcglurk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2020, 12:21 AM   #223
greasemonkey
Starter Motor

No luck getting ahold of Phil. Anyone heard from him ??
Old 07-09-2020, 04:42 PM   #224
TonyLarson66
Starter Motor

Yea I had similar experience, the surprising thing was the tax!!

jeeez I got burned

www.geelongtowtruck.com.au
TonyLarson66 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2020, 11:50 AM   #225
GSFairlane66
Starter Motor

Hi Tom1966

Looks like you are in the same " boat " that i am in ... received the same email March 9 this year which given the state of the world at the time i took at face value. Container was supposed to arrive in Melb late Feb with my 66 Fairlane convertible which up to then the import process had gone ok but since then no reply to emails , calls to mobile and land line which now comes up as not connected !! How bloody hard is it to call or email and update about whats going on
GSFairlane66 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2020, 12:11 PM   #226
ken1939

This thread has gotten so long I kind of got lost in it. Anyone suggest a shipper out of Oz to the USA?
ken1939 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2020, 12:46 PM   #227
berntd
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken1939 View Post
This thread has gotten so long I kind of got lost in it. Anyone suggest a shipper out of Oz to the USA?
Suggest starting a new thread for your shipper info request. This one is concentrating on specific problems with a certain shipper FROM the US to Oz.
berntd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2020, 10:22 PM   #228
ken1939

understood will no longer post
ken1939 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2020, 12:07 PM   #229
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken1939 View Post
understood will no longer post
No one is suggesting you shouldn't ask the question, it will likely get more attention in a new thread rather than this one. There is a suggestion in post 219 of this thread that might be worth looking at.

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2020, 03:32 PM   #230
GSFairlane66
Starter Motor

Update all i have just lodged complaint with Queensland Office of Fair Trading , not sure what good it will do but its a start !!

Anyone else had any contact from them ?
Old 08-10-2020, 04:05 PM   #231
Hemihunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I really do feel for all you guys trapped in this one. , I couldnt imagine the worry its placed on on all of you.
Hemihunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 08-10-2020, 05:26 PM   #232
GSFairlane66
Starter Motor

Thanks Hemihunter
yeah on top of all the other BS this year , all in all will be glad when 2020 is done.
Old 27-10-2020, 02:41 AM   #233
greasemonkey
Starter Motor

No word from Phil or Indira Newell. They still have my money and are not responding to emails or calls.
Old 27-10-2020, 10:16 AM   #234
GSFairlane66
Starter Motor

G'day greasemonkey
I received email from Lawrence Ryan a few days regarding arrival of overdue container in Melbourne in Nov. He also stated that he was looking after things on his own , it appears that Phil & Indy may not be involved in the business anymore. Wishing you luck in getting your money or stuff !!
Old 19-12-2020, 02:18 AM   #235
greasemonkey
Starter Motor

I've tried contacting Lawerance Ryan, too. Lawerance, Phil, and Indy stole my money. Flat out.
Old 29-05-2021, 11:54 AM   #236
ossietim
Starter Motor

Anyone got news or updates on this?? Thanks
ossietim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-05-2021, 10:33 AM   #237
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSFairlane66 View Post
Update all i have just lodged complaint with Queensland Office of Fair Trading , not sure what good it will do but its a start !!

Anyone else had any contact from them ?
Hello,
Qld Fair Trading are a strange mob to deal with, I was chasing money from a camper trailer manufacturer on the outskirts of Brisbane and I spoke to a dude by phone, ( I live in WA ) and he asked if I knew any " bikers " in Brisbane, and send them to pay a visit?

I declined his advice and told him to get off his **** and do his job!

It took awhile but did get a $2000 refund after a monumental battle, I sold the trailer at a loss.

I also bought car parts from one of the Southern States of America, after 6 months of waiting Westpac refunded my $1800 US, but unknown to me they contacted the State Police, geez I thought, good on Westpac, the local State police in Louisiana paid this dude a visit?
I got my parts 6 weeks later, wow what good service!
I had to just repay Westpac and job done.

Maybe the fellow who was ripped off should try contacting the US or Canadian Police, scammers and thieves hate cops, they usually have other scams on the boil!

I was lucky but also very dogged and determined.

Sorry you got ripped off, hope alls good now!

Regards Billy.

Last edited by slowsnake; 31-05-2021 at 10:34 AM. Reason: add content
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-06-2021, 08:42 AM   #238
greasemonkey
Starter Motor

No news here - They stole my money and can't be contacted. Their websites are down, too.