Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 28-01-2018, 02:08 PM   #1
BLSTIC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default 13's for $1300... anyone up for it?

So way back in yesteryear I was browsing the Performance Forums and came across "13's for $1300 Challenge".

Basically the rules are:

Total cost not to exceed $1300, with 0.1 seconds per $100 added to your ET if you go over. Lowest total ET wins.

Parts cost to be determined by market value. EG a turbo you had lying around is conceivably worth $100, but that spare RB26DETT automatically excludes you, unless you have a legit receipt for your unbelievable deal from a real business.

Cars must "appear" to be road going. No rails, full body needed, etc

Items without cost counted:
Labour
Safety equipment
Tyres
Brakes
Bushes
Any registration-related costs (eg mod plate, rwc, etc)

I guess the point is:

I'm about to swap my $100 EF for an AU. I just bought an AU 5spd half cut for $250. My spare Barra engine cost $100, and a J3 chip is worth about $150 to tune it. I'll be in the 14's (probably) for around $650. I don't know if I can get that extra second for the other $650, but I'm more than willing to try.

Is anyone else willing to continue the challenge? It appears to have died off on the performance forums, but that doesn't mean it can't still be a thing.
Old 31-05-2018, 07:51 PM   #2
blownvn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 13's for $1300... anyone up for it?

keen to see how you go
blownvn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2021, 08:39 PM   #3
OWilson87
Starter Motor

Interesting thought, never thought about it, but thanks. And what kind of challenge are we talking about?
OWilson87 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2021, 02:37 PM   #4
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Nice thread mine.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2021, 10:39 AM   #5
BLSTIC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Nice thread mine.
Eh I'll take it :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWilson87 View Post
Interesting thought, never thought about it, but thanks. And what kind of challenge are we talking about?
Just bragging rights. The Performance Forums competition had a... ahem... prize... of an ashtray. An ashtray adorned with a giant brown phallus. They called it the Performance Forum *redacted* Ashtray of Glory. It was clearly a serious competition...

But it did end up with a 12 second Mazda 626, a turbo 1.8 Barina, somebody did what I think was an Ecotec into a Daihatsu truck, and other crazy creation. It was a pretty good read.