Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 09-01-2009, 12:53 PM   #1
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

Default LR ST170 gauges.

LR guys,

Just spotted this on ebay if anyone is keen, might be a nice visual upgrade to a zetec.

Only thing is it has the ST on the tacho, so that wouldn't match up...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FOCUS-ST-170-...1%7C240%3A1318

LRsedan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2009, 03:10 PM   #2
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

My Instrument Cluster is shot. Stupid question for the day though, is it compatible with all the LR Focus models??

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2009, 03:58 PM   #3
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Should be. Not sure about the LRs, but the LS/LTs have the cluster coded with the engine & ignition, so the car wouldn't start without the correct cluster, or a new cluster after a reflash. But the instruments would be compatible. Do the LRs run on CAN-BUS?

Far from stock... --- SOLD :

Now riding a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R :
RJO89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2009, 10:58 AM   #4
photn
AFF Post NAZI

hi eddie. they are compatible but the speedo would be out as the cluster is configured for the 6speed.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2009, 11:04 AM   #5
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Thanks Sean. So by the sounds of it I think I'd eventually better go with the O/E Cluster. Just out of interest how much would the speedo be out by? A little or a lot?

Sorry this is off topic, but how's progress with getting your Focus back on the road?

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:48 PM   #6
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Eddie you should get the Zetec cluster, with the silver facia (excuess the spelling)

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2009, 01:47 PM   #7
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Eddie
Thanks Sean. So by the sounds of it I think I'd eventually better go with the O/E Cluster. Just out of interest how much would the speedo be out by? A little or a lot?

Sorry this is off topic, but how's progress with getting your Focus back on the road?
from what ive seen eddie. quite alot.

it goes by RPM from what ive seen on the US forums. quite alot of people in US have tried the SVT and have had it recalibrated so. up to you i suppose.

Well the car is still off the road. costing quite a bit actually. been saving up heaps and putting it towards the car.

Car is getting repaired by Jeff Chalker the Cosworth expert. he is tickling the head at the same time. so hence the extra $$$. just a head tickle at the moment, then when i get more $$$ will get the same treatment as steve i am predicting unless my circumstances change. though i must admit i am contemplating just throwing a set of extractors on it and buying a bluefin and leaving it. dunno yet. will see how the piggy bank goes. also thinking of getting Jeff to finally put my bodykit on. and the buckled st170 wheel is still buckled. and the new aftermarket HU is on its way due to the 6 stacker chewing 3 cds' so yer lotsa fun.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2009, 11:32 AM   #8
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Quote: "Car is getting repaired by Jeff Chalker the Cosworth expert."

Ah, he's a local (a Blue Mountains man). Next time you see him, tell him you and I are mates.