Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 02-04-2019, 08:10 PM   #871
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Took advantage of the beautiful autumn whether and played a round of golf with the old man.

Haven't played in over a year and no records were broken, but it was just so nice to be outside at this time of the year.

It's funny how golf is so frustrating and yet so addictive. Get it right, and all you want is to keep playing. Get it wrong and all you want to do is scream abuse at the little white ball.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 02-04-2019, 08:38 PM   #872
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Took advantage of the beautiful autumn whether and played a round of golf with the old man.

Haven't played in over a year and no records were broken, but it was just so nice to be outside at this time of the year.

It's funny how golf is so frustrating and yet so addictive. Get it right, and all you want is to keep playing. Get it wrong and all you want to do is scream abuse at the little white ball.
I always found golf interesting. So i was a junior member of a golf course growing up, and to me, anger makes you shank your shot. Take it easy and let the club do the work worked for me. Obviously not just a gravity drop of the club. Being angry or trying to hit the skin off the ball to me atleast always meant id hook it or slice it. Oatlands was a nice place, the fairways were better maintained then royal Parramatta publics greens when it existed.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-04-2019, 08:48 PM   #873
anobserver
Oppressive patriarch

Did some laps at the pool. Took all the tension out of my shoulders.

BA RTV.
anobserver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 03-04-2019, 12:28 AM   #874
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

My 20yo Son put down a deposit on his first house build today.

2 bedroom townhouse in a new estate not far from home.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2019, 08:54 AM   #875
MustangStevo63

The budget - hopefully swaying those away from Bill Shorten , the country cannot afford him
MustangStevo63 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-04-2019, 04:07 PM   #876
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sar4890 View Post
For it wasnt today but last weekend seeing 5 steam locomotives in steam together this hasnt happened for a long time in SA.
Every year at steamfest they have a race of 4 Steam trains from Newcastle to Maitland. I work on the rail and trains don't interest me as a hobby, but seeing 4 steam locomotives side by side, under full steam while dragging old passenger carriages is pretty impressive.
What sort of ruins the experience is the diesel electric locomotives connected to the rear of each of the steam train
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 03-04-2019, 05:40 PM   #877
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post

Golf is fantastic because it is a competition against yourself in the company of others.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

"Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die, tragedy is when I get a paper cut"
nuthin' fancy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 05-04-2019, 08:16 AM   #878
nuthin' fancy
Lyminge, Shepway, Kent
Donating Member3

Waking up Friday morning knowing the weekend is nearly here.

My work makes it feel like I work Monday, Tuesday and Friday and then have a day off. But perhaps that is a function of age (which doesn't make me happy).

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

"Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die, tragedy is when I get a paper cut"
nuthin' fancy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2019, 07:12 PM   #879
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Putting a deposit on a new road bicycle

https://ivanhoecycles.com.au/bicycle...Disc-2018/8258

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 08-04-2019, 08:35 PM   #880
Kicking back

Now obviously i have to work out how sensitive people are to work out what i can say or not say to clients, but i was doing a job today and the lady on reception (lovely person, probably early 50s) was having a yarn with me whilst i was working and she says 'i dont know how you can have an intelligent conversation whilst staying so focused'. So i have worked for her for years and know the line so i countered 'i dont know how you can eat breakfast whilst putting your makeup on driving to work'. Her response was 'been doing that for years'. So i said been doing this for years. She says im only young. So i says my kid is almost 10, how old do you reckon i am. She says she thought maybe 23. So again me being smart i told her whilst im clearly incredibly good looking (tickets anyone) im 32. And then cleared it all up, been the house electrician in that building for 13 years. Its always nice to get along with clients on more of a social level. Yes work is the main objective but when clients are willing to be more social provided its not time wasting as in i still am getting things done, it makes my job less crap.
3 users like this post:
Old 21-04-2019, 06:30 PM   #881
Kicking back

My kid wanted me to teach him how to ride a skateboard. So thats what we did today. When i was growing up primary modes of transport were either skateboard or bmx. Riding a skateboard is easy, being good st skateboarding is different. I had a hard time understanding how my kid sort of committed to stacking (i was walking aside to catch him) and asked why dont you bail if you know you're going to stack? This was a foreign concept. Jump off instead of fall off? And it really did boost his confidence and now he rolls around on his own. I did give him examples of bailing, hitting the grass at the end of the path at speed and bailing. Teach through example kind of stuff. But the kid was a tired sweaty mess by the end, but he was happy, i havent riden a skateboard in atleast 15 years, and whilst very rusty, still had fun. My kids board is kind of all the bits i like with the conssesion of light weight trucks and the deck is a tad wider then my preffered, but much more beginner friendly.
Old 21-04-2019, 06:53 PM   #882
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Our beautiful little boy who is a year old had his first taste of chocolate.

The look on his face, amazing !
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 27-04-2019, 11:56 AM   #883
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Getting home from a 40 km ride last night at 9.30 pm to see on Strada that I reached 70 kph on one downhill stretch- then seeing my speed on one of the biggest gradient hills - oh my-

Today buying a portable battery power hub so I can power 240 Volt up to 300 watts for when I go camping.

Got me thinking- I thought ah- when I was younger I could not afford the unit/battery and recharging solar panels and regulators without significant pain- and then it hit me that when I was younger I did not need to power a certain unit I now cannot sleep without and need all this crap....

Life has a way of achieving natural balance....

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2019, 04:38 PM   #884
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Driving the R32 GTR V-spec II in gran turismo 3. A blast from the past.
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2019, 10:07 PM   #885
Kicking back

Had a **** day at work, but tuesdays are the day i take my kid for dinner. So the kid talking my ear off aside, we go with my grandparents and my mum, family thing. My mum is very knife and fork proper. She ordered the beef curry. So thats a bowl of rice, a bowl of beef curry conveniently cut into bite sized pieces, and a couple of roti. She wasnt overly impressed forking rice then the curry beef then taking a bite of roti and i pulled her up. So she is the traveler, im just a bogan with 2 fords and a boat. So mum will knife and fork a slice of pizza, yes its that bad. So i showed her, you rip off a bit of the roti, fork in (yeah, clean hands stuff, shes a clean freak) some rice, add the conveinently bite sized bit of beef curry and eat. She was now really pleased, its almost like the 3 things on the plate were meant to be eaten together..... i did seagul her plate once or twice and it wasnt bad. Just to prove how bad my mum tries to be proper, i have seen her deconstruct a burger and eat it with a knife and fork. My kid did smash the chilli prawn pasta, didnt even bite into the shell on the last bit of the tail, he was sweating a bit but fully committed.
Old 30-04-2019, 10:43 PM   #886
Lunch
Wait, what?

An older couple around the corner from me, a few months ago he started a little diy on his house but due to his fibrosis was really struggling, a gardener noticed and suggested he pop around to see me and have a chat, that was the first time we met.
Our stars finally aligned today and I was able to finish it off for him, took me about 6 hours, they were both over the moon with the result which made me feel pretty good

Last edited by Lunch; 30-04-2019 at 10:50 PM.
Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2019, 07:02 PM   #887
Kicking back

So this is more about the gesture then the actual object. So my director sat in on a service team meeting which is usually not a good thing, but strangely he didnt go hardline on anything. At the time what was odd is he did this to my 2 other colleagues also, but he picks up my personal phone has a gander then does the same with my work phone. All around things were good condition wise, exept one blokes work phone, but he got given a smashed old phone so that didnt count. So what my boss was doing was seeing if we treated work stuff any different to our stuff. Thats a big issue on the projects team, people not giving a crap and breaking new stuff assuming work will just by another. So us service guys got new work phones, the 3 new projects guys get our old ones because the boss assumes they will just break them anyway. I dont care about the phone so much, my old one was fine for work, it sent emails and made calls which is all i need it to do really, the new one will just do the same. But the gesture was the nice part. Almost like recognition for giving a crap about something thats not mine.
2 users like this post:
Old 01-05-2019, 10:08 PM   #888
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Got the all clear from my GP to travel to Sth Africa and meet up with my daughter and do a safari together.
I recently contracted Legionnaires Disease (that was fun) and it was doubtful if I'd make it, but nearly fully recovered and Xray of lungs cleared me, SA here I come.
Old 02-05-2019, 08:32 PM   #889
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
Got the all clear from my GP to travel to Sth Africa and meet up with my daughter and do a safari together.
I recently contracted Legionnaires Disease (that was fun) and it was doubtful if I'd make it, but nearly fully recovered and Xray of lungs cleared me, SA here I come.
Jaydee

Really try to go on one in an open Jeep with a guide - is really something else having a pride of wild lions walking around you.

Hopefully your daughter has more sense than my then 12 year old who was sitting behind me and a male was walking up behind and guide said quiet and no movement.

So I then hear bang behind me turn around and my daughter is not there. In that second my mind raced to what weapon could I grab and sheer white terror. Silly bugger pops up she dropped her water bottle and ducked down to get it😱

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-05-2019, 10:58 PM   #890
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Rain!
Old 03-05-2019, 08:03 PM   #891
Kicking back

Had to install a camera above the dispatch desk in the warehouse of the wholesaler my company uses. I know the guys in dispatch and the drivers well. So to do the camera install, it was high level, so i had rented a trailer mount cherry picker. So those guys, we talk as mates, speaking crap and all that. I got offered a hand taking the trailer off the car to push it in and declined the offer. Of their 5 drivers they all said i had no chance backing that 90° into the warehouse given the tight space due to the dumpsters and pallets outside. I made the big call claiming i am the trailer king, setting myself up for a potential failure. But no, first time every time. So for the time i was using the lift, whenever one of the delivery drivers came back for more deliveries, id give it to them about what do they get paid for if they cant reverse a trailer. It was all in good humour. They doubted my skills, i dont get paid to drive, they do. But, im the self appointed trailer king. Trailers arent hard to reverse, you just have to counter the direction of where the trailer is heading before it gets out of hand. And they were also impressed i slayed it in a manual.
Old 03-05-2019, 09:47 PM   #892
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

.:4:. no offence to you sir but I had a lady driving large 4WD and tandem trailer back right angle into my yard that I with single trailer always have trouble with.
And she knew she was good, hops out with beam on her beautiful face, says...'how was that first attempt eh?'

Being very diplomatic I said...' you have taught yourself well'.

If Id asked after that she would have given me anything
Old 03-05-2019, 10:06 PM   #893
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
.:4:. no offence to you sir but I had a lady driving large 4WD and tandem trailer back right angle into my yard that I with single trailer always have trouble with.
And she knew she was good, hops out with beam on her beautiful face, says...'how was that first attempt eh?'

Being very diplomatic I said...' you have taught yourself well'.

If Id asked after that she would have given me anything
Im nothing special, i dont doubt that. It was more a competition between myself and persons who get paid to drive as a job telling me it cant be done. I made the big statement, yeah theyre the boys, and it was, well, kind of like they had bets on me, and i kind of did talk it up. But, skill, well experience. Luck maybe a touch. Been doing things backwards since i was 16.
Old 03-05-2019, 10:17 PM   #894
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I took advantage of the Easter/ANZAC break, did more in the last week than the 2 or 3 before it and went home not hating work for the first time in a very long time
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2019, 09:28 PM   #895
Kicking back

Picked my kid up from school to go for dinner like we do on tuesdays, and pulling into the car park a backpacker waves me down and asks if i have jumper leads. I do, so i offered a jump. My son refers to my ute as man ute because as far as he is concerned it has every tool in it to fix anything. Thats a misconception, same as his misconception i can fix anything. So i roll up to this blokes crap camry and i left my ute running in neutral, so before hooking the thing up got my 9 year old to turn it off. He was so happy to be helping. Hooked the bad car to the good one so i told my boy how to start it and he was so happy to have helped. The bloke who asked for the jump was appreciative, so were his 3 mates, but for the 2 minutes of my time, its just what you do isnt it? My kid on the other hand was so excited helping out, to him it was like i was in my natural environment fixing things.
3 users like this post:
Old 07-05-2019, 10:06 PM   #896
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Got gran turismo 4 from cash converters for $4. I must have played thousands of hours of this game when I was 13.

Pleasantly surprised to see the ba2 fpv f6 typhoon and gt are in the game, along with the vz ss commodore. I got them all as soon as I could. There is also an au falcon race car I desperately want.

Gives me something to do when its raining like today.
Old 07-05-2019, 10:59 PM   #897
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard-Dog View Post
Got gran turismo 4 from cash converters for $4. I must have played thousands of hours of this game when I was 13.

Pleasantly surprised to see the ba2 fpv f6 typhoon and gt are in the game, along with the vz ss commodore. I got them all as soon as I could. There is also an au falcon race car I desperately want.

Gives me something to do when its raining like today.
Is that the one with the john bowe ford credit au? If it is, im pretty sure i had the ba fpv gtp back in the day maxed out.
2 users like this post:
Old 08-05-2019, 01:24 AM   #898
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

New plugs , new coils. Bring on the 4th gear smoke....

Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A
arronm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2019, 09:33 PM   #899
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Is that the one with the john bowe ford credit au? If it is, im pretty sure i had the ba fpv gtp back in the day maxed out.
Au race car is 450k in game. Pretty sure the same car is in gt3 but it was 1.5m to buy in that game.

I don't know if its the john bowe car though because I don't have it yet. Got distracted with other cars.
Old 10-05-2019, 11:12 AM   #900
roKWiz
Cabover nut

No work and 50mm of rain.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post