Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 23-04-2016, 01:26 AM   #1
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Default Forum colour theme

Not sure if it's possible, but I was wondering if admin would consider allowing an option to change the colour theme of the forum.

I know there are a lot of us who browse the forums at night, and it might be easier on the eyes to have a darker theme available if people wanted to use it.

I have a dark theme installed for YouTube and the other forum I frequent, and switching back to AFF almost blinds me, but turning down screen brightness makes things really hard to read.

Just a suggestion.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2016, 08:29 AM   #2
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: Forum colour theme

We don't have to change the theme, vbulletin supports multiple themes that can be user selectable per user group.

If you want to offer something I can look at as an example we can see how much effort is required.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 24-04-2016, 01:56 AM   #3
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

That's what I meant. On the other forum it's in a drop down box at the bottom of the page.
I was thinking something like this:

I know there are pre-written themes available, but I have no idea how hard they would be to add.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

Old 24-04-2016, 06:28 AM   #4
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

I've added the Black Stealth 3.8 style and made it user selectable.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

8 users like this post:
Old 24-04-2016, 02:42 PM   #5
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Thanks Russ! Much appreciated!

Old 24-04-2016, 05:03 PM   #6
STEALTHY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

10/10, much better. I have any forum i use in the darkest available colour.
STEALTHY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2016, 08:12 AM   #7
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

May the template be with you
UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2016, 03:26 PM   #8
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

Cool, black stealth.
blackf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2018, 07:20 PM   #9
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Not sure what the problem is, but the Pub and the Bar sections (and all the threads contained with those sections) load with the default theme, though I have selected Black Stealth. Even if I scroll to the bottom of the page and select it again, it doesn't change the colour scheme, and when the page reloads it's still set to default.

I've tried clearing cookies and cache, but it's been happening since the scheme was first added, and since no one else mentioned it, I thought it might just be me. But it's happened on two different computers now.

The rest of the forums load my selected scheme.

Old 24-04-2018, 04:43 PM   #10
Gomez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers View Post
Not sure what the problem is, but the Pub and the Bar sections (and all the threads contained with those sections) load with the default theme, though I have selected Black Stealth. Even if I scroll to the bottom of the page and select it again, it doesn't change the colour scheme, and when the page reloads it's still set to default.

I've tried clearing cookies and cache, but it's been happening since the scheme was first added, and since no one else mentioned it, I thought it might just be me. But it's happened on two different computers now.

The rest of the forums load my selected scheme.
^^^^Yep, I have exactly the same issue.

I love the Black Stealth forum skin, but it reverts to default blue in The Pub and The Bar.

russellw, you able to assist??
Gomez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2018, 08:44 AM   #11
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Should be fixed now. Those two were set to override user choice.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

This user likes this post:
Old 25-04-2018, 10:34 AM   #12
Gomez

Yep, thanks Russ....fixed!
Old 29-04-2018, 03:33 PM   #13
Gomez

Technical Resources also defaults to light blue, Russ.

Tks in advance.