Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > FPV & XR Owners Club of Newcastle > Ford Performance Club of ACT Club Discussions

Ford Performance Club of ACT Club Discussions General Chit and so forth!

Old 23-01-2010, 08:54 AM   #1
elvisidal
Tatalia's a pimp!

Question Newcastle suspension & wheels shop

recommendations for a good place in Newcastle to lower the BF xr6?

also a wheel shop.
I don't wanna go into a place that has a staff full of rice burner bling bling heads that can't really be bothered looking at a Ford.
Had enough of this attitude in Sydney.

*sorry if these are mundane questions but I've just moved back here after 10 years in the big smoke

Last edited by elvisidal; 23-01-2010 at 09:01 AM.
elvisidal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2010, 11:11 AM   #2
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

There is a small performance shop at Kotara they supplied and fitted 4 king springs to my impreza for $450 including the wheel alignment.(monaco performance)
Flipside i took the XR8 to argie tyres at glendale with a badly worn front tyre and was told after they did a wheel alignment with the front right still on the car and worn to canvas that there was nothing wrong with it. :
Before the car was even off the wheel alignment machine I had rung another place for an alignment and spent well over 1k there on tyres. I mean who tries to do an alignment with a -----tyre on the front?

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
FPV+fteT3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2010, 11:45 AM   #3
WAR40T
EL GHIA LIFE

Dealt with Monaco performance at kotara for king springs years ago, not bad. Argie at glendale....stay away from, freakin useless, heard so many bad stories it aint funny. Had good dealings with tyre power over at wickham, helpful bunch of guys there, never had a problem, bought three sets of wheels there so i keep going back. could also go see bowers at merewether.

Wil

HERITAGE GREEN EL GHIA, ROH MODENA WHEELS, /////ALPINE AUDIO, PEDDERS XA COILOVER'S
WAR40T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2010, 12:18 PM   #4
ZZZ.40L

I'd give Bowers at Merewether a try, they seem really good to me mate. Bob and Tom's are also pretty good (aka tyrepower Wickham)
ZZZ.40L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2010, 04:23 PM   #5
elvisidal
Tatalia's a pimp!

I asked this question because I first went to arg tyres at glendale and let's say the response was less than satisfying.
Old 23-01-2010, 04:40 PM   #6
ZZZ.40L

I went to Argy to get my muffler tip put on and talk about friggen Hopeless, didn't even bother lining it up b4 they welded it on.
ZZZ.40L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2010, 08:29 PM   #7
elvisidal
Tatalia's a pimp!

yep Monaco won the business in the end.springs & brakes about $700
Old 10-02-2010, 09:43 AM   #8
EAK33Y
THE CHAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvisidal
I asked this question because I first went to arg tyres at glendale and let's say the response was less than satisfying.
There so dodgy there

Mums friend took her car for a service she left the car and went over to supercheap and stood there and watch them they put the car on the Hoist left it there for an hour pulled it down and rang her to say it was done
EAK33Y is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post