Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > FPV & XR Owners Club of Newcastle > Ford Performance Club of ACT Club Discussions

Ford Performance Club of ACT Club Discussions General Chit and so forth!

Old 09-07-2009, 08:55 AM   #1
Lost Down Under

Default Good audio sound tech in or around Newcastle?

Hi all.
I have a BA MKII XR8 Magnet ute and would like to upgrade the sound quality a little.
I do not want to add head units, amps or subs.
I only want to change the speakers out to give a more defined quality.
I am still learning about the BA and am not sure if it has premium sound. How do I tell if it has?

Anyway, after those rambleings, can someone suggest somewhere around Newcastle that knows what they are talking about with car audio that can send me in the right direction?

Lost Down Under is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2009, 04:50 PM   #2
Lost Down Under

OK, job done.

Called Wayne at Andrews Car Audio in Jesmond on a reccomendation from the local auto lekky.
Explained my problem to him over the phone and he just laughed!
"The speakers they put in the fords are cheap and nasty" was the reply.
He said the head wasn't too bad and simply by replacing the 4 speakers I would be blown away by the difference.
Forget putting an amp on it to start with as it will not improve the sound quality with the standard head.
Said he had done heaps of them.

Anyway, went down and had some Pioneer TS-A6963E 6 x 9" 3 ways put in the back and Pioneer TS-A5713 7 x 5" 2 ways put in the front under his reccomendation.

All i can say is WOW. The sound is now crisp and clear. Coming home I had the volume up to 26 and the base was shaking the rear view mirror on the windscreen with no sound distortion.
It is still not the perfect sound, but the improvement is 10 fold.
The only way to get better quality is to go the whole hog - head, amp, sub, ect.

Best part is the whole deal cost me $380.00 installed. No stuffing around and 1 1/2 hours later I drove out.
Lost Down Under is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2009, 10:38 PM   #3
BOSHOG
avenge me

andrews is the only place that touches my stereo. great guys

ya chose well
BOSHOG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post