Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 20-01-2017, 08:15 PM   #31
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Nutter in Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard-Dog View Post
Yes, I can't even comprehend such madness.

If the maniac that did this really was on bail, that is deeply concerning. It certainly wouldn't be the first time in recent history that somebody on bail has gone on a murdering spree (the Lindt cafe terrorist attack is probably the most relevant example that comes to my mind).

Something needs to be done about our legal system. At the moment it merely seems to act as a revolving door for serious criminals.
I was working down the street when the lindt cafe incident started and threw my gear in the car and got as far away as possible as quickly as possible. At the time there was nothing to say there wasn't any inconspicuous black bags left around the area, and working in a building where there were government departments aided my decision. I beat the lock down and got out. Turns out I would have been fine but left work late, but that's not the point. Self preservation was more important at the time. What possibly can you gain by slaying others. My attitude towards life is everyone is a mate untill proven otherwise and have friends, aquaintancs (spelling?) But no enemies. My attitude to driving is everyone is an idiot untill proven otherwise, again, self preservation
Old 20-01-2017, 08:17 PM   #32
superyob
Banned

I saw the news report on tele when I got home from work. What does 'Victorians are stronger than this' mean? (Dan Andrews) If I were the Premier I think I would be using stronger, more direct language...
Old 20-01-2017, 08:34 PM   #33
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

I don't want even 1c of my hard earnt going to this tossers trial or potato gravy lunch in jail. Just euthanase him .....
Thoughts and prayers go out to the families devastated by this evil ###k oxygen thief.

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
3 users like this post:
Old 20-01-2017, 08:37 PM   #34
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr smith View Post
Yep he was out on bail.

The Police should have shot him in the head !!
5 users like this post:
Old 20-01-2017, 08:42 PM   #35
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
I saw the news report on tele when I got home from work. What does 'Victorians are stronger than this' mean? (Dan Andrews) If I were the Premier I think I would be using stronger, more direct language...
I think (just using my opinion as its a messed up situation) it's a statement to say not to bow down to errorism ( I dropped the t for a reason) you don't want the public to be scared to walk down the street. Just because one scum hole goes nuts and kills/mames/injures a lot of people, that is still a small percentage of the local population and many are probably terrified to go to work tomorrow. So far there isn't any political or religious motive for someone to do something so nasty. If there is a motive for such reasons found and it is errorism, if people are scared to leave their houses for fear of terror, then they win. In my opinion (I don't impose this on anyone else). I don't think many will take a following to the same cause due to the 1%er doing that. I work with many Muslims, catholics, Christians, Buddhists. All are good people,.
This user likes this post:
Old 20-01-2017, 08:48 PM   #36
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
That would be the easy option. Imagine staring at the wall with no contact with others for 40 years. I would try and bash my head against the wall to end it. Getting the needle would be the easy way out.
At 100k a year to keep them inside....its money that could be better spent.
Old 20-01-2017, 08:52 PM   #37
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt View Post
Fair call, I like my taxes to go to places like fixing roads and the hospital system. I thought it cost less to put scum in a concrete box on the $2 per day Challenge.
Old 20-01-2017, 08:59 PM   #38
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt View Post
How much is a 9mm pistol bullet ?
3 users like this post:
Old 20-01-2017, 09:37 PM   #39
Peterwl

Overseas press are reporting this as a terrorist attack. There is an interview with a witness that states what he was shouting out the window of the car.

The Akbah stuff.

http://www.barenakedislam.com/

2009 FG XR6 5 Speed
2002 VX II Commodore Equipe 3.8 Auto
Old 20-01-2017, 09:48 PM   #40
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barraxr8 View Post
How much is a 9mm pistol bullet ?
$20 for a pack of 50.
Old 20-01-2017, 10:27 PM   #41
xr8cam

Did some digging online and this guys background is the usual mix of growing up with bad parenting, violence, assaults, drug abuse & mental illness. He is very well known to the police & various mental health workers. If the government took this massive problem seriously and committed some real funding to mental health, maybe the organisations would have this guy on a court ordered medical regime and then he couldn't do up his zipper let alone drive a car. This is a tragic story and I am not making light of it or not taking it seriously. I enjoy dreaming up ways to kill scumbags like this as much as the next bloke but as I get older I'm more interested in why these people are not "In the system'' and why nothing is been done for a group of people rapidly expanding.
4 users like this post:
Old 20-01-2017, 10:58 PM   #42
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Melbourne is descending into chaos - today's horrifying incident, thwarted terror plots to blow up Flinders St station on Christmas day, African gangs carjacking and cutting people to ribbons with box cutters, ice addiction at epidemic proportions in the outer suburbs with heroin roaring back too, homeless and tent cities everywhere. It's becoming very nerve wracking getting around the city.
Old 20-01-2017, 11:03 PM   #43
paulie

Put the ***** to good use as fertilizer.
Feed him ever so slowly feet 1st into a tree mulcher.
Old 20-01-2017, 11:05 PM   #44
xr8cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_The_Win View Post
Melbourne is descending into chaos - today's horrifying incident, thwarted terror plots to blow up Flinders St station on Christmas day, African gangs carjacking and cutting people to ribbons with box cutters, ice addiction at epidemic proportions in the outer suburbs with heroin roaring back too, homeless and tent cities everywhere. It's becoming very nerve wracking getting around the city.
I lived in Melbourne for 25 years and I always loved the city & felt very safe their. Very sad to hear these things happening, especially such a great city. Please explain tent citys and rough suburb guide to ice epidemic please. I am curious how much it has changed since I left StKilda in the 90's.
Old 20-01-2017, 11:28 PM   #45
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_The_Win View Post
Completely unrelated, but is a box cutter a Stanley knife? I remember that it was the same thing used to hijack the planes on September 11 in 2001. I remember that day.time and place even
Old 20-01-2017, 11:46 PM   #46
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Yep, box cutter = Stanley knife.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Old 21-01-2017, 12:12 AM   #47
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pauline Hanson couldn't wait to jump on the bandwagon... not assimilating... blah blah.
This guy has a Greek name.
She will go back to hating Asians then us wogs next.
2 users like this post:
Old 21-01-2017, 12:15 AM   #48
Sizey
Mk5 Transbulance

A sad state our justice system is in. I feel a repeat of the Lint Café saga. Police knew about this chap and yet free to roam and cause grief to the innocent.

B series xr6 wagon
Now deceased

BF Fairlane ex taxi
Now for more fun
[/CENTER]
Old 21-01-2017, 02:12 AM   #49
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Watching the footage is sickening. Equally sickening is the incompetence of the police force standing by at the intersection just watching. Something's seriously wrong if a dozen police cars and police men/women can not halt a lunatic driving a clapped out VR commodore putting out barely 90kw by the pathetic 'circle work' it was doing. What if he was driving a truck or a bus, or a 300kw+ vehicle how many more would have died? And the commissioner then having the nerve to congratulate the force on their good work on the news. What good work ? Lives already lost, too little, too late. Maybe it's a symptom of a failed legal system, where if the police shot his tyres, shot his radiator, or better still, shot his face off, the do gooders will then cry what about the children, what if someone got hurt, even if 4 deaths were prevented in the process by the uncalled for "police brutality"?
6 users like this post:
Old 21-01-2017, 02:27 AM   #50
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Firstly tragic for all who lost their lives and those who were seriously injured and for their families.

This guy obviously had psychiatric condition, by accounts was muttering about government after him and alien martian ships after him. Whether caused by a diagnosable psych condition, or by drugs-he was sick and not right of mind.

No different whether he was black, white, yellow or tanned skin. Just a nutter who slipped through. And Martin Bryant reminds us that white skin adorns nutters as well. Another one- Anders Behring Breivik.......

About how the police responded and whether it was appropriate is another can of worms. Up until he went bezerk running down pedestrians how were the police to know he was going to do that?

Had he just been doing donuts and the police blew his head off imagine the public outcry then.

I do not know the answers but sometimes the Police have a pretty hard task when faced with this type of situation, or the Lindt Siege. There will be a Coronial Inquest and some answers. Maybe the Police should have been more proactive with road spikes- who knows...

Our police are not as aggressive using firearms as the USA and are more restrained and all up I think that is a good thing- just look at all the police shootings in the USA -Australia is better than that. Fact is when he went beast nutso the Police used their guns and took him out......

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender

Last edited by asagaai; 21-01-2017 at 02:34 AM.
Old 21-01-2017, 09:10 AM   #51
roddy1960
Donating Member
Donating Member2

G'day..MURDERER , MURDERER ,MURDERER , MURDERER ..This evil individual I hope he rots in hell for ever and a day..Whatever time he has to breath before he dies I hope and pray he is tormented for what he has done..No compassion for this ***** , Martin Bryant , Ivan Milat and others who carry out unspeakable horrors like this , mental issues or not..This should NEVER have happened..an unmitigated tragedy..Rod..

Last edited by roddy1960; 21-01-2017 at 09:15 AM.
Old 21-01-2017, 10:01 AM   #52
xr8cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodX View Post
Pauline Hanson couldn't wait to jump on the bandwagon... not assimilating... blah blah.
This guy has a Greek name.
She will go back to hating Asians then us wogs next.
It is a blight on our country when people like her can openly give it to minority groups. Well, Pauline, vast majorities of this great country has been built by these people and immigration is what has made this country the success it is. We all came here on a boat at some stage, being here longer than your neighbour doesn't make you more Australian in my book, it is the standards you choose to live & raise your family by.
Old 21-01-2017, 10:11 AM   #53
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by asagaai View Post
Firstly tragic for all who lost their lives and those who were seriously injured and for their families.

This guy obviously had psychiatric condition, by accounts was muttering about government after him and alien martian ships after him. Whether caused by a diagnosable psych condition, or by drugs-he was sick and not right of mind.

No different whether he was black, white, yellow or tanned skin. Just a nutter who slipped through. And Martin Bryant reminds us that white skin adorns nutters as well. Another one- Anders Behring Breivik.......

About how the police responded and whether it was appropriate is another can of worms. Up until he went bezerk running down pedestrians how were the police to know he was going to do that?

Had he just been doing donuts and the police blew his head off imagine the public outcry then.

I do not know the answers but sometimes the Police have a pretty hard task when faced with this type of situation, or the Lindt Siege. There will be a Coronial Inquest and some answers. Maybe the Police should have been more proactive with road spikes- who knows...

Our police are not as aggressive using firearms as the USA and are more restrained and all up I think that is a good thing- just look at all the police shootings in the USA -Australia is better than that. Fact is when he went beast nutso the Police used their guns and took him out......
Police are not mind readers, granted.
Use of force needs to be commensurate with the situation at hand.
Expectation is that our police are trained to make best judgement on the course of action with the facts at hand.... it's what they are paid to do it's what we all expect.
Someone doing burnouts in the middle of Australias second largest and busiest city during a very busy period and hanging out the window ranting is due course for extremely high level response considering the density of public space. Expectation is that police should have a number of extreme responses to utilise and be trained effectively on how to manage. If they aren't then they SHOULD be. It's up to them to figure that out and implement.

Should have been restrained with what ever course was necessary , considering the proximity to huge numbers of the public.
Any review of the situation now is cold comfort to the families devastated.......

Vengeance , gratuitous violence , extreme response without provocation should not be condoned by anyone, but there comes a time when those vices under the circumstance based on threat to the mass public need to be dealt with much more swiftly whatever the outcome to the offender.

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
4 users like this post:
Old 21-01-2017, 10:18 AM   #54
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
Watching the footage is sickening. Equally sickening is the incompetence of the police force standing by at the intersection just watching. Something's seriously wrong if a dozen police cars and police men/women can not halt a lunatic driving a clapped out VR commodore putting out barely 90kw by the pathetic 'circle work' it was doing.
Easy to say after the fact! What did you expect the cops to do while he was circling that intersection? The only thing they could have done was a head shot, and then you'd most likely be crowing on about police brutality! Along with all the other do gooders living in fantasy land.
A car can still drive after a tyre or two is flat.
The cooling system can take minutes to drain from something the size of a bullet, and once drained the car could still be driven for minutes before coming to a stop.

Same with the Lindt siege, all the no all experts come out of the woodwork and enlighten us on what the authorities should have done.
3 users like this post:
Old 21-01-2017, 10:33 AM   #55
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asagaai View Post

I think the big question is why has the Justice system let this type of people roam the streets after the police opposed bail, they new he was unstable with a criminal/mental history, in my view the judicial system has blood on their hands.

My utmost sympathy to the victims of this terrible tragedy.
4 users like this post:
Old 21-01-2017, 10:34 AM   #56
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Given the amount of people who are on the streets around that area, we're talking Melbourne CBD I think shooting at him while he was driving like a spastic would probably end up with collateral damage.

What are they gonna do? Kill the driver and seriously injure some bystanders who get caught in the cross fire, the family of the driver come out to the media with tears saying he was a lovely boy who wouldn't harm a fly.

Bystander gets shot up and then the Government has a big compo claim payout.

The reason these knobs are probably out roaming the streets is the prison system may be overcrowded.

No win situation for the Police, what ever they do its not going to be enough.
3 users like this post:
Old 21-01-2017, 10:35 AM   #57
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Time for the mental asylums to be re opened.
This clown should have been sedated in a single room and never let out untill the hospital chief says he is "cured" which is never.
The "mentaly ill" need to be off the streets asap.
2 users like this post:
Old 21-01-2017, 10:47 AM   #58
Fed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When I heard about this yesterday my initial reaction was what were the Police doing and what were the people doing allowing themselves to be in a position to get run over.

Now this morning reading the news reports especially the time frame, the route taken & seeing the video I don't think the Police or people could have done anything differently.

Apparently it was all over in 5 Minutes from start to finish and the first person to get hit was a block away from the 'donuts'.

Very sad.
Old 21-01-2017, 11:09 AM   #59
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

I wonder the feelings of the Bail Justice if one of their family members were among those mowed down by this germ?
THAT is what needs fixing!!
The poor bloody cops doing their utmost to nail these scumbags, only to have the "head in the clouds" Court system letting them out without a 2nd thought given to Police requests to refuse bail!....
How many MORE times must we hear that some bloody animal that's committed some despicable crime was already out on friggin bail??? Fed up to the back teeth, I am!!
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Old 21-01-2017, 11:20 AM   #60
xr8cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr smith View Post
Time for the mental asylums to be re opened.
This clown should have been sedated in a single room and never let out untill the hospital chief says he is "cured" which is never.
The "mentaly ill" need to be off the streets asap.
Perhaps, ''mentally ill violent offenders'' need to be off the streets. Please be careful with your choice of words. Millions of people suffer from mental illness like depression or anxiety etc, myself included.
3 users like this post:
Closed Thread