Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-01-2017, 07:49 PM   #31
Full_Monty

Default Re: The pyramids of Egypt

If you're interested in ancient civilisations, egyptian history etc, look up Graham Hancock. He is a 30 year researcher on the subject. Really interesting to listen to, has two books: Finger prints of the gods, and Magician of the gods.

He has been on Joe Rogan's Podcasts a number of times now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDejwCGdUV8

Look up Baalbek stones, or The Jupiter temple, which contains single stones weighing 840 tonnes, (carved placed with extreme precision) if you believe Humans built the Pyramids...
Full_Monty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2017, 08:59 PM   #32
CJR09
RPO 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Monty View Post
Look up Baalbek stones, or The Jupiter temple, which contains single stones weighing 840 tonnes, (carved placed with extreme precision) if you believe Humans built the Pyramids...

^^^this

Q: If you have tried to sell it three times now and it is still not sold, do you think it might be over-priced?

A: It is over priced - just like all the other falcon coupes for sale!!

CJR09 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2017, 12:22 AM   #33
Danny
GT4.

EGYPTIANS
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2017, 07:57 AM   #34
scoupedy

There is a book called FINGERPRINTS OF THE GODS which goes into ever aspect its very interesting.
We couldn't make them today the pionts are very plumb better than our skyscrapers but with a larger base. It states that even the biggest cranes don't have the lifting/reach as they put the heaviest blocks on the top I met a engineer who programmes the biggest cranes in the world and asked him if it was correct he said with the biggest cranes available they couldnt build it today.
The book talks about a cataclysm which involves the crust spinning on the mantle causing a massive extinction.
scoupedy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2017, 09:40 AM   #35
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

Hancock is not exactly a scholor on the Pyramids

And that zawae harass or whatever his name is who was in charge of the digging at the sites is a deadset gov flog.
I mean as if they are going to open some secret door in a pyramid that's not been open for thousands of years, not knowing what's behind it....live on tv globally.
Lol
I don't believe a word they say
Apart form the chamber beneath the sphinx feet, that went all quiet after announcing it
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 04-01-2017, 09:51 AM   #36
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pfttt that's not a Pyramid.This is a Pyramid...

12:07 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsKnmctOAMQ
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2017, 11:29 PM   #37
scoupedy

The Egyptians didn't build them they can hardly build anything today that doesn't fall down
scoupedy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2017, 12:44 AM   #38
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I saw a video recently about the technology of the Egyptians , and it was believed they had electricity in some of the pyramids ...... true or not , i dont know , it wouldn't surprise me though , some of the amazing engineering feats those guys pulled off ....truly clever dudes . .
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2017, 01:02 AM   #39
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Actually when you think about it, if you couldnt crane heavy blocks ............ some clever dudes might build some tanks and float the blocks into place ;) .....
Heres an interesting clip i found .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9zoSmIkJxw
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2017, 10:56 PM   #40
CJR09
RPO 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
I saw a video recently about the technology of the Egyptians , and it was believed they had electricity in some of the pyramids ...... true or not , i dont know , it wouldn't surprise me though , some of the amazing engineering feats those guys pulled off ....truly clever dudes . .

consensus is TESLA

Q: If you have tried to sell it three times now and it is still not sold, do you think it might be over-priced?

A: It is over priced - just like all the other falcon coupes for sale!!

CJR09 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-01-2017, 03:21 AM   #41
stazza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Look up Potbelly Hill in Turkey. Approx 12,000 years old, yet has 20 ton standing columns etc... read about it in a Graham Hancock (guy mentioned earlier) book.

Also look up CORAL CASTLE. Not many people I've ever met have heard of this. Very interesting though...
2011 SILHOUETTE FPV GS 315 #0275
20x10", 20x8.5" Lenso D1R's
Pedders XA Coilovers
Brembo 4/1
Pacemaker 1" 7/8 Headers
Twin 3" Stainless Manta Catback
XFT Built Motor
XFT Custom Surge Tank
XFT Stage 3 ZF
Final Drive Chromoly Tailshaft
KPM Twin Air Filter
KPM Stage 2 Intercooler
KPM Twin Throttle Body
2.6L Kenne Bell on E85
BlueStreak Circle D Converter
900+ rwhp thanks to Xtreme Ford Tuning
stazza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-01-2017, 10:24 AM   #42
Squalo
Two Wheels Good

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

I'm dating a chick who thinks pyramids (any pyramid) have mystical powers.

She also mentioned in passing that the moon doesn't actually exist.

Good in bed though ;)
1969 Kombi
Squalo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2017, 10:27 AM   #43
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

Is she part of the moon is really a spaceship group?

Some really cool stuff about the moon if our read up on it
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2017, 11:37 PM   #44
Madaya
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can recommend a great book, written by an Aussie bricklayer, Peter Hodges. He was visiting the Giza pyramids, and laid up in his hotel room which overlooked the plateau, thanks to a spicy meal with the usual extras (tummy bugs), a man who turned his hand to laying bricks and actually building something, used his knowledge of construction to determine how the Egyptians could build such massive monuments.
Unfortunately Peter passed away before the book was finished. His friend, Julian Keable tied all the loose ends together and got the book published.
Because Hodges lacks PhD as a prefix, this work is often overlooked or under rated. But if I wanted someone to build me a house, I'd consult an experienced builder, not a lab rat.

How the Pyramids Were Built, Peter Hodges and Julian Keable.
2010 FG XR6 I6 CC Ute, Nitro colour. lsd, sports suspension, Ford 18's fitted with Michelin Primacy 3 ST 245x45x18, MW Quick Shifter, Pacemaker 4500 Extractors, Carbuilders Soundproofing, KPM Street Fighter CAI
Madaya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-01-2017, 01:05 AM   #45
snap0964
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJR09 View Post
consensus is TESLA
And that's because we have evidence of his work. That's not to say they may have discovered the basics and the technology disappeared with them.

It was thought the British were the first to visit our shores - til it was found the Dutch and Spanish were here long before.

Should always keep an open mind to the possibility.
snap0964 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-01-2017, 04:51 PM   #46
lra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by snap0964 View Post
It was thought the British were the first to visit our shores - til it was found the Dutch and Spanish were here long before.
That is what I was taught at school, (early 1960s) the British found Australia, and it was uninhabited when they did, and young minds accepted that.
It wasn't until later that putting together 'uninhabited' and 'Aborigines' did not correlate.
We could have been a Spanish and/or French speaking independant nation(s) with a few civil wars under our belt.
lra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2017, 05:25 PM   #47
XWGT