Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 17-07-2020, 10:02 PM   #4291
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
Removing the city of Melbourne council out of the top 5, the rest is just a clusterf**k.

Obviously the Niqab and Burka doesn't work as effectively as a proper face mask.
No one wearing masks at all today who i encountered out and about in Brimbank, not even couriers.

I'm not either though I guess I can't be too critical
Old 17-07-2020, 11:53 PM   #4292
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
No one wearing masks at all today who i encountered out and about in Brimbank, not even couriers.

I'm not either though I guess I can't be too critical
Oh, why the sudden change from normal?
Old 17-07-2020, 11:58 PM   #4293
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Oh, why the sudden change from normal?
The only mask I own is one of these

I don't think this is what they mean by 'wear a mask'
2 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2020, 02:36 AM   #4294
PooDog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
New Zealand be like...

Australian government laughed at NZ for choosing to go into full lockdown. Let's see, 76 days now without a single community transmission. And counting. They've been on level 1 restrictions since June 8th.

Look who's laughing now.

Scott Morrison said on 1st April: "Some organisations advocated much stronger measures. I said to be careful what you wish for, because we will have to live with it for at least six months."

Well 2 months later (not 6 months Mr PM), NZ is almost back to normal.
It has caused a lot of damage over here, must admit i was curious as to how you guys were acheiving better results over there ....maybe the testing wasnt as good ? who knows

most of the ones that have got out have been determined to do such , scale fences , short of locking them up in a form of prison ....all you can do is monitor cthem closely ?

Interesting the PM has come out warning of an out break similar to Vic and the medias tearing her down for being scare tactics? yet they,ll be the first to whine if it does happen , bit of a no win scenario .....its getting all political because theres an election round the corner.....getting sick of listening to it

Au11 fairmont Ghia ported gt40p heads ,comp springs and locks
Xe 264 cam,custom intake,pacemaker tri y headers
524nm torque

19 Triton GSXR manual
5 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2020, 11:17 AM   #4295
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

425 new cases for Australia and 3 deaths so CMR drops to 1.032% and active cases rise to 3,002. WA recorded 2, NSW recorded 8 and the balance were in Victoria which set a daily high for new cases for the 2nd day in a row.

1 new case and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.420% and active cases drop to 22.

The UK recorded 687 new cases and 114 deaths yesterday so the CMR rises to 15.425%.

Just over 78k new cases in the USA yesterday and 974 deaths sees CMR down to 3.819% and active cases at 50.7% but the raw numbers are rising. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 14M, the last 1M in only 4 days;
Global cases set a new daily record of 249,233;
The USA recorded more than 70k new cases;
India completes 13M and the USA 46M tests;
Africa recorded a new daily high with 20,489 new cases;
Asia recorded a new daily high with 63,411 new cases;
North America recorded a new daily high with 84,926 new cases;

Algeria (593), Bolivia (1,938), Argentina (4,518), Colombia (8,934) and the USA (78,198) all recorded new daily highs, those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 18-07-2020 at 12:00 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2020, 11:47 AM   #4296
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I see parliament isn't going to go ahead

I'd hate to see their inaction during a war.

Maybe we should do what the AFL has done and isolate all the pollies in Parliament House - set up some bunk beds and keep em isolated together so they can still do their jobs
This user likes this post:
Old 18-07-2020, 12:10 PM   #4297
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
I see parliament isn't going to go ahead

I'd hate to see their inaction during a war.

Maybe we should do what the AFL has done and isolate all the pollies in Parliament House - set up some bunk beds and keep em isolated together so they can still do their jobs
Heard on the local news here this morning, a few Victorian country politicians are calling for further lockdown restrictions of Melbournites, seems there are too many sneaking out into the country.

Old 18-07-2020, 12:22 PM   #4298
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Heard on the local news here this morning, a few Victorian country politicians are calling for further lockdown restrictions of Melbournites, seems there are too many sneaking out into the country.
Id handle it by either:

A) Vulnerable groups isolate themselves and everyone else goes about business as usual

B) Alternatively lockdown is limited to hotspot areas by council region
Old 18-07-2020, 12:33 PM   #4299
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The problem with that approach is that positive tests only provide you a snapshots of contacts up to two weeks ago.

While the problem may not have originated at the BLM protests, it's quite likely it helped transmission along, and now rather than being clustered in a handful of locales, it may well be all over Melbourne, and we're just waiting for the incubation period to pass.
Old 18-07-2020, 12:33 PM   #4300
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Id handle it by either:

A) Vulnerable groups isolate themselves and everyone else goes about business as usual

Go about their business spreading it.
Nah lock it down, we don't want them here. Aren't you in the Mitchell shire ?

Old 18-07-2020, 12:37 PM   #4301
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
The problem with that approach is that positive tests only provide you a snapshots of contacts up to two weeks ago.

While the problem may not have originated at the BLM protests, it's quite likely it helped transmission along, and now rather than being clustered in a handful of locales, it may well be all over Melbourne, and we're just waiting for the incubation period to pass.
And every other capital city though other state premiers seem to have their fingers in their ears not wanting to know. Ol Glady doesn't want to shut down her "business as usual' approach not unlike the "Donald" really.

Old 18-07-2020, 12:39 PM   #4302
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Go about their business spreading it.
Nah lock it down, we don't want them here. Aren't you in the Mitchell shire ?
No Mitchell Shire here
Old 18-07-2020, 01:45 PM   #4303
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Only circa 200 new cases today in VIC
Old 18-07-2020, 02:01 PM   #4304
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks like the English will be reviewing their death counts.

Matt Hancock orders urgent review into how coronavirus daily deaths are calculated

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9624126.html

“Anyone who has tested Covid-positive but subsequently died at a later date of any cause will be included on the PHE Covid death figures.”

“A patient who has tested positive, but successfully treated and discharged from hospital, will still be counted as a Covid death even if they had a heart attack or were run over by a bus three months later,” added professors Loke and Heneghan."

Say what?!?!? Surely not.
2 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2020, 02:14 PM   #4305
.:4:.
Kicking back

That does sound rediculous. Unrelated cause of death yet having or had the virus.
Now not playing anything down at all. But the recent spikes, could that possibly be due to the greater availability of testing? By that i mean initially to get tested you had to be showing symptoms to get tested, and some people show no symptoms, yet now can get tested easier? So maybe initial numbers were 'lower' due to the lack of availability of testing. Just an observation of mine, no science behind it.
Old 18-07-2020, 03:09 PM   #4306
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
That does sound rediculous. Unrelated cause of death yet having or had the virus.

Now not playing anything down at all. But the recent spikes, could that possibly be due to the greater availability of testing? By that i mean initially to get tested you had to be showing symptoms to get tested, and some people show no symptoms, yet now can get tested easier? So maybe initial numbers were 'lower' due to the lack of availability of testing. Just an observation of mine, no science behind it.
Makes perfect sense. Take it to the extreme, if you don't test you will have zero cases to report, unless they turn up in hospital.

Melbournians have been having intense testing. The line at chaddy is like a 3 hr wait from news reports.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 18-07-2020, 03:30 PM   #4307
HIPO
Al

Quote:
Id handle it by either:

Yep A).... Like they've done almost every other time!
3 users like this post:
Old 18-07-2020, 07:11 PM   #4308
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The only mask I own is one of these

I don't think this is what they mean by 'wear a mask'
I think I've played that character in Grand Theft Auto.
Old 18-07-2020, 09:19 PM   #4309
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

There seems to be some concern for people from regional Victoria who commute into the city and N/W Melbourne for work. They could get infected and take COVID home with them. Specially on the regional train lines. Geelong and Shepparton in the spotlight it seems.

Unable to work from home?
Old 18-07-2020, 11:09 PM   #4310
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
There seems to be some concern for people from regional Victoria who commute into the city and N/W Melbourne for work. They could get infected and take COVID home with them. Specially on the regional train lines. Geelong and Shepparton in the spotlight it seems.

Unable to work from home?
I could do most of my work from home, same with the rest of the office staff - assuming the rest of the coalface are there working the warehouse and production, just need to redirect phones or push everyone to email, it's just means you couldn't come in and talk to me face to face and it'd hamper some of my capabilities, it'd effectively make us function the same as our interstate branches.

They don't want us working from home though.

Quote:
Coronavirus: Melbourne conspiracy group tells people to reject tests and masks

An emerging and dangerous group of coronavirus deniers is pushing an alarming theory that the COVID-19 pandemic is a government conspiracy, and people should *ignore social-distancing rules and refuse to be tested.

As Victoria grapples with soaring numbers of the coronavirus, including a record 428 new cases on Friday, The Weekend Australian can reveal that a group called 99% Unite is telling its tens of thousands of online followers the deadly virus is just a cover for the global elite to consolidate their control over the masses.

Led by Melburnians Fanos Panayides and Raphael Fernandez, the group operates across several pages on Facebook in an apparent attempt to evade the *social media giant’s crackdown on misinformation.

The largest page was started in April and boasts more than 65,000 members. The 99% Unite follows and promotes a web of anti-public health theories, including that the coronavirus pandemic is a cover for the elite to solidify their power as well as bleeding into existing conspiracies around vaccinations and 5G technology.

The group, which tells its followers not to wear masks and to reject coronavirus tests, is planning a large protest later this month against what it sees as the coronavirus conspiracy.

Academics, community leaders and politicians have all urged people against following 99% Unite’s message, saying it is dan*gerous and ignores science and medical advice around the virus.

In a video posted on Friday, Mr Panayides urged his followers to look out for a smiley face ahead of a demonstration, which he said required half a million people.

“Half a million (people) is what you need standing there in *silence,” he said. “What’s going on around the world is just the beginning to mass genocide. Don’t sit there and say I didn’t tell you that something was going on when you see people dropping like flies, when they go and stick people with a vaccine for a virus that your Prime Minister has to lie about the death rate for.”

In a video posted on Thursday night, Mr Panayides questioned whether the Victorian government recommended wearing masks in a bid to weaken the public’s immune system.

“What would be the sinister reason for wanting someone to wear a mask?” he said. “Maybe it’s so your body is constantly being suffocated of oxygen.”

When The Weekend Australian asked Mr Panayides why he was making claims without scientific backing, he replied he had done countless hours of research.

“You do know there are over 10,000 scientific peer reviews which state dangers of EMF radiation on people,” he said.

Islamic community leaders fear the message is being spread through social media and is taking hold within some Melbourne Muslim communities and are pleading for it to be ignored. An Islamic community elder, who declined to be named, said he was alarmed by the message.

“These conspiracy theorists need to be carefully monitored. Facebook and other social media platforms need to be responsible for the content being put on the net,” he said.

“This particular group who is very vocal are also against health messaging and are asking people to refuse COVID testing.”

Mr Ferndandez along with Mr Panayides and another man visited the public housing in Flemington when nine towers were under “hard lockdown” by the Victorian government. In a post to one of the 99% Unite groups on July 7, Mr Fernandez said the hard tower lockdowns were the government testing the limits of the public.

“This is a plandemic, hoax and a test to see how much Australians will take and how many resources they need for what’s coming,” he said. “The great awakening is here and the world has woken up.”

Earlier in July, Victorian Health Minister Jenny Mikakos revealed 10,000 people in hotspot suburbs had declined to be tested, with some stating a belief that the coronavirus was a conspiracy.

La Trobe University research fellow Stanley Shanapinda said misplaced fears around the coronavirus drew on a legacy of different conspiracies, including 5G and anti-vaccination.

“The amplification we see is these various smaller clusters coming together,” he said.

Mr Shanapinda said the influence of the anti-vaxx movement was particularly worrying as it could lead to people refusing vaccinations against the coronavirus if and when one was developed.

“People are refusing to get the test because they think it’s a conspiracy,” he said. “So if a vaccine is found, you will have the same number of people saying no we don’t want it.”

The warning comes after Richmond AFL star Bachar Houli took to Facebook to urge the Muslim community to undergo testing for the coronavirus. He also revealed that his mother was battling the disease in intensive care.
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...552687149abe88

I see our friends and brains trust from the division of Calwell are planning protests.

https://www.aec.gov.au/profiles/vic/calwell.htm

Check out the location description in the above link and compare it to COVID19 cases

Said electorate was also one of only two electorates in VIC where they were against SSM - check out these comments by their MP

Quote:

Calwell federal Labor MP Maria Vamvakinou said opponents* should not be fearful and instead called on the community to come together.

Ms Vamvakinou said, while the majority of her constituents ticked no, she would respect the national result.

Religion played a large part in why the electorate voted against, she said.

Hume is the most religious municipality in Victoria, according* to census data.

“I understand where the vote has come from and I respect* it because most of the vote would have come in good faith,” Ms Vamvakinou said.

“It’s not about being homophobic or bigoted but rather there are people who have very strong views about traditional family and what that is and they are guided very strongly by their faith.”
There's a pattern occurring here.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...15ec0165d6942a

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 18-07-2020 at 11:32 PM.
Old 19-07-2020, 11:14 AM   #4311
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

206 new cases for Australia and 2 deaths so CMR drops to 1.031% and active cases rise to 3,162. WA recorded 1, NSW recorded 15 and the balance were in Victoria.

1 new case and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.419% and active cases remain at 22.

The UK recorded 827 new cases and 40 deaths yesterday so the CMR drops to 15.396%.

Just under 75k new cases in the USA yesterday and 946 deaths sees CMR down to 3.768% and active cases at 50.0% but the raw numbers are rising. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 14M, the last 1M in only 4 days;
Global cases set a new daily record of 249,233;
The USA recorded more than 70k new cases;
The UK completes 13M and the USA 47M tests;
Asia recorded a new daily high with 63,422 new cases;
North America recorded a new daily high with 86,657 new cases;

Libya (87), Costa Rica (582), Algeria (601), Kenya (688), Kyrgyzstan (803), Bolivia (1,946) and India (37,407) all recorded new daily highs, those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 19-07-2020, 12:07 PM   #4312
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Refugee protesters active in Brisbane today. No doubt Extinction Rebellion will be itching to get out and save us from climate change. Seems it is back to BAU with these people, let’s hope C19 doesn’t re-emerge!
Old 19-07-2020, 12:16 PM   #4313
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

363 new cases in Victoria today
Old 19-07-2020, 12:23 PM   #4314
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Face masks now mandatory in VIC outside of your home.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-...atory/12470424
Old 19-07-2020, 12:31 PM   #4315
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:

Sweet, I've got mine ready to go

Quote:
Residents in Metropolitan Melbourne and the Mitchell Shire will be required to wear masks outside of the home, Premier Daniel Andrews has announced.
I don't live in Metropolitan Melbourne or the Mitchell Shire - so I don't have to wear a mask
3 users like this post:
Old 19-07-2020, 12:34 PM   #4316
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:

Mask is a fairly open description, can be a scarf, can be homemade, Franco’s horse head would probably be accepted. There will be further massive price gouging on N95 Mask’s. Yet to see Danny boy ever wear a mask 😷
2 users like this post:
Old 19-07-2020, 12:35 PM   #4317
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Been reading a few tales in the news where it seemed the Government were maybe holding a little too tightly onto people here, when they had good reason to leave and no further means of support in Australia.

Konfetka got an exemption to travel yesterday, she was going stir-crazy in Sydney and the family weren’t helping by pretty much constantly pinging her from Riga with video calls and clips of the grandchildren being totally adorable kids.

I was surprised, she stubbornly* booked a fare 12 hours before fee-for-quarantine became mandated and then busied herself with preparing the application for exemption to leave. Permission was granted on the basis that documented necessary dental work was unaffordable to her in Australia but economical in Europe even with the flight costs considered.

*A stubborn Russian woman? Who’d have thought it?
Old 19-07-2020, 12:35 PM   #4318
Kicking back

Probably easier to get away with armed robbery too... description : white male wearing a mask.
Old 19-07-2020, 12:35 PM   #4319
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Are Gimp masks ok?

Asking for a friend...

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 19-07-2020, 12:36 PM   #4320
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
Are Gimp masks ok?

Asking for a friend...
Only if the zipper over the mouth stops droplets....
4 users like this post:
Closed Thread