Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Ford Performance Vehicles Club of Tasmania > General Discussions

Old 29-08-2011, 05:15 PM   #1
midgetyone

Default Guess who had a wheel bearing go?

Well we had a lovely day in Launceston at the car show and getting to meet some of the club members. Unfortunately upon hearing a bearing noise growing louder on the journey home I decided to feel the base of all the rotors when I got home.... Hmmm cold..... cold...... warm..... OUCH!. Rear left wheel bearing too hot to touch and the warm one right side *sigh* Hope I don't have anything floating around in the diff itself chewing bits out now.

I might photograph everything in case anyone is interested for future reference.

Pacemaker 4499 with 200cpsi cat & 2 1/2' Sports exhaust
SS Induction Kit
midgetyone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2011, 07:03 PM   #2
DayTE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Guess who had a wheel bearing go?

What a bugger Chris. When I was talking about tinkering to you I didn't mean to fix problems.... I was thinking improvements/mods.
Old 29-08-2011, 09:40 PM   #3
TICK4D-TAS
Club Moderator

Not good! Hopefully its an easy fix for you.
2010 FPV F6 Ute
2016 FGX XR6 Sprint
2020 PX3 Ranger Wildtrak
TICK4D-TAS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2011, 12:40 PM   #4
midgetyone

Haha well when I pick up all the pieces from the lack of care from previous owner, improvements will begin. So both rear wheel bearings, fuel pump, bodywork, then tinkering.... I would love to put a T56 gearbox in to replace the current one in time. I wonder how much stuffing around that would be?
SS Induction Kit
Old 03-09-2011, 05:44 PM   #5
midgetyone

Hmmm well I installed the new bearings and the bearing noise remains...... (hubs are now running cold though).

Fortunately (or unfortunately) I discovered the brake calliper slides were seized (very very badly) and I had to drill out the slide bolts and replace them. Last time I trust anyone else to do my brakes. Paid $75 to get them flushed and bled when I bought the car as the fluid was contaminated and I didn't have time. Told I had 40% remaining wear. Callipers being seized wear was uneven and there was 1/2mm left on the piston side pad. Not impressed. So they failed to mention a major safety concern, failed to notice uneven wear, and didn't bleed the system as pedal stiffness greatly increased after I changed and flushed the system. Simply unbelievable.
SS Induction Kit
Old 13-09-2011, 09:27 AM   #6
carbine
Starter Motor

yeah thats no good. hope it was just an oversight and they didnt deliberatly not tell u
carbine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2012, 12:05 PM   #7
broms
Starter Motor

Interesting story.. Want to do something good - do it yourself...
broms is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post