Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Ford Coupe Club of Australia > General Discussions

Old 30-04-2008, 01:52 PM   #31
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
We have the standard seatbelts still in the car and these are the ones we use. The racing harnesses do not get used. We fitted them to see how they would look and never took them out.
the harnesses will come in handy at heathcote - hopefully never needed, but may as well take all the safety you can get. besides looking over your shoulder in a coupe shows nothing much anyway
you still need the standard belts as well as the harnesses, don't you - for the rear seat passenger issue
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2008, 05:33 PM   #32
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

Quote:
The racing harnesses do not get used. We fitted them to see how they would look.
ricer

sorry, had to do it :
Old 30-04-2008, 05:50 PM   #33
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Thats ok buddy.....I will get ya for that on the weekend! Hope you can sleep with one eye open!! :
Old 30-04-2008, 06:28 PM   #34
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

i think i'll sleep in my effy, with the doors locked.. :
Old 30-04-2008, 08:26 PM   #35
fatasslandau
the money box

Quote:
We have found that the roll cage doesn't get in the way too much as it is only 4 point cage(half cage). Bit squishy when you try to get in the back - Our son hits his head everytime he gets in and out - but other than that, we don't have any issues with it.

I think it is more of an issue trying to negotiate your feet over the racing harnesses as they are bolted to the floor behind both seats.

What about you Colin? Do you find it hard with the full cage??
hi guys i find the full cage fine. Plenty of head room even with the padding. getting in and out is fine up front. Dont carry passengers in back . My seats arent reclining and would be a bit awkward due to harnesses. As car is engineered with half cage and harnesses i am not suppossed to have back seats in it and is now registered as a two seater. When i do get in the back cleaning etc head will touch padding not sure if landau buckets sit higher though. oh and you also loose the sunvisors with full cage but thats what sunnys are for so cage on i say
fatasslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2008, 10:26 PM   #36
Falconunbelievable
FORD PARKING ONLY!

Hope its ok to post this here, you mentioned current coupe interior projects so I thought it would be ok?

As some of you already know we have just started a resto on our Landau. Anyway over the weekend we picked out a cream colour we thought would look good but it is a fair bit lighter than the original parchment. We were also thinking of getting the dash done to match but a few people have pointed out the likelihood of glare on the windscreen because of the light colour. The car wont be a daily driver but we want to drive it and enjoy it as much as we can, so we are unsure whether to go with the dash or just leave it original?? MEANXBCOUPE I notice yours has been redone - have you had any dramas with it? Would you do it again if you had the choice?

Here is a pic of what the new colour will look like, I am going to check out the next darkest cream next week before we order (we have two young boys so I may decide to go darker yet lol...) The upholsterer uses Scottish Leather - so it will be seats mostly leather and the rest vinyl to match. Carpet at this stage is staying Brown. I have also put up a pic below of a Landau interior I saw on the web some time ago and I saved it to my computer under the heading 'dream interior' - this Landau has the dash redone to match the seats like we are thinking of doing. We have been quoted $200 to do it in Vinyl. The whole interior is going to be around (say it quietly and quickly...) $7k... : Thats for everything mind you - every console, door trim, hood lining, all the seats, new vinyl roof etc etc...

Any feedback much appreciated!
cheers Lisa

Member of
Chrome Cruisers Inc
Falconunbelievable is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2008, 10:46 PM   #37
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Hi Lisa

I have been watching your project thread with interest. This is only my opinion but as you have said, with 2 young boys (and they find dirt in places you never knew it existed) you might be better going a shade or two darker. Are you going to stain protect it before it goes in? Sorry probably a silly question but I would be asking for scotchguard or something. They can do that to vinyl can't they?? I know that vinyl wipes easily but once you get a stain it can be a pain to get out!!

I like the idea of having the dash done. That looks great!

I look forward to seeing what the final choice of colour is.

Cheers
Col
Old 01-05-2008, 06:30 PM   #38
fatasslandau
the money box

Hi lisa

I to have been a regular visitor to your thread and would have to agree with col in reguards to colour choice most guys i know with light coloured material say it gets dirty real quick .
cant wait to see it when it's finished
fatasslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2008, 09:24 PM   #39
Falconunbelievable
FORD PARKING ONLY!

Thanks for the replies. I had a bit of a laugh at what the upholsterer said to us when we were talking about the trim. He said you know it is actually very good for your kids to run around on the leather seats as it actually massages the leather and makes it softer and more supple and in turn it will last longer...as can be seen by how soft the front seats are in cars compared to the back (when there are no kids obviously!)...while he was saying this I was picturing my special little men, aged 2 & 5 years, walking around the Landau with its nice creamy upholstery after spending a little while in their usual play area - the pile of dirt behind where we built the new shed. I think we went through 4 changes of clothes on Sunday... I somehow dont see them being allowed to do that do you??? lol

Seriously, I appreciate any advice as I want it to look right, I think the darker colour will be the one I go for, I am hoping to see the sample next week so we can order and get things moving... :

So is there any opinions on changing the colour of the dash? Would love to hear from anyone that has made the change to a light colour and how they find driving it re. glare/reflection on windscreen...

Thanks everyone
Lisa

Member of
Chrome Cruisers Inc
Falconunbelievable is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2008, 10:32 PM   #40
XBCoupeNZ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I really like that Landau interior and dash.

I've been thinking about the interior on my coupe, and was thinking along similar lines to you, with a light interior (coupe will be Apollo Blue and Silver) .... I think it looks really clean and tidy.

And these cars have really big boots .... get luoise to build you a dicky seat for the boys
XBCoupeNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2008, 05:55 PM   #41
MEANXBCOUPE
injection is nice, but...

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing the Helicoil article 

Hi Lisa.
GO DARKER. If I had my time again, I would do the interior of mine slightly darker.I think the colours were called Putty(vinyl) and sandstone ( suede )
The lighter colour looks better in photos, but in person, you can see every speck of dust and dirt. I accidently left the drivers window down on my car for about a week (whilst in a garage of course ), and it took ages to get it clean again. Thats just from dusts blown in from the wind I suppose.Make sure the quoted price includes removable floor mats, they are super important, if you want to be able to wear shoes whilst driving, without marking the floor. Are you thinking leather or carpet for the floor???

7K sounds a good price youve been quoted, just depends on how much vinyl you can put up with. Keep in mind a full leather Custom retrim could cost 15 to 20K.

Gary.
MEANXBCOUPE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2008, 09:11 AM   #42
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

Just thought I'd dig this thread up. Any more custom interiors out there? It's all good info and inspiration for anyone with projects on the go.

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2010, 12:26 PM   #43
MEANXBCOUPE
injection is nice, but...

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing the Helicoil article 

Hey!

Just an update for the records i suppose.
July 2010 seen the interior of the coupe get a make over, converting the car back to a 4 seater.
All trim work was done by Elite Custom Interiors, now located in Banksia NSW (Arncliffe)

These are just some ramdom shots...

From this:

To this....

Limetime Green '74 XB Coupe- Classic not Plastic.

Blueprint '02 Pursuit 250- Plastic not Classic (yet)

Venom '01 AUII Rebel- RIP. Gone to a better place.

Winter White '12 FG GT 335 R-Spec - something the wife thrashes daily

'05 CRF450X- For getting dirty in the, um, dirt.
MEANXBCOUPE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2010, 12:51 PM   #44
King Neptune

Wow,....Thats fantabulous! Great job.
King Neptune is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2010, 01:57 PM   #45
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

Absolutely stunning!! Great design and workmanship, truly a rare combo.

Well done.

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2010, 02:18 PM   #46
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Jesus Christ what an epic interior!!!
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2010, 02:00 AM   #47
darkside
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

it started out as a landau interior just added abit extra design to it ...doc
darkside is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2010, 02:13 AM   #48
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

you have taken the extra Landau padding out from the top half as well from the looks of things!!!!!
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2010, 10:49 AM   #49
Highway

Hey Doc who you get to do the interior??

As its the wrong colour to go into my coupe LOL
Old 31-12-2010, 06:27 PM   #50
darkside
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway
Hey Doc who you get to do the interior??

As its the wrong colour to go into my coupe LOL
the blokes retired these days but used to do a few of the custom interiors you see in show cars ,as for your car shouldn't you be looking for something in PINK ....doc
darkside is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2011, 12:09 PM   #51
lilmattie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Show us your coupe's Customised Interior

I was going to put Landau interior into my falc 500, but that would change it from a 5seat to a 4seat. Would that mean an engineers cert since it was previously registered as a 5 seater?
lilmattie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2011, 12:47 PM   #52
lilmattie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've been reading through this, but since it's a scanned image you can't search within it.

http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/~/media/b3...reductions.pdf

It mentions a lot for additional seating, but nothing for reduction.
lilmattie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2011, 02:14 PM   #53
THE4RD
Landau - personal luxury

It's not mine - came from a ebay ad for a 'convertible' coupe - but I think that this takes a lot of beating for style and good taste:

Old 14-10-2011, 03:05 PM   #54
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Neptune
Wow,....Thats fantabulous! Great job.
Yes, that is a work of Art.............