Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2019, 03:32 PM   #1621
ryeman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Central Vic
Posts: 3,442
Default Re: That Tesla thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Doesn't change the FACT that Tesla is nothing but a cash burning machine. You can spin it any way you like.


All you are doing is admitting you havenít done your homework.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
__________________
Wherenoshockjocksfly

Facts or the twitterverse, your choice!

C4 Picasso 1.6 turbo e-THP EAT6 and averaging 5.2/100 on E10/94/95
ryeman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2019, 03:47 PM   #1622
kypez
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
kypez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,248
Default Re: That Tesla thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post

Tesla constantly lose money, all while crazy Elon tells everyone they are going to be profitable, only to show more red ink every quarter. Soon enough the shareholders will switch on to the snakeoil salesman and abandon tesla. Where it will probably be bought out by a big manufacturer who actually know how to build cars properly, and make money at the same time.

They would be successful if they had someone in charge who knew what they were doing.
Your assertion that the big manufacturer's know what they are doing is the issue here given they only survive thanks to handouts, subsidies and assistance. Even they can't get it right to support themselves.

As for cars built properly, my Tesla is running fine with 55,000kms on it. Minor issues here and there but for the most part, no issues.

My last 3 Fords (Yes, you read right, 3 in a row) have FAILED catastrophically, one at 19,000 kms, one at 7,000 kms and the latest one at 100 kms. So pray tell me how these so call big manufacturers know how to build cars properly?

Making a profit and having cars built right are not as closely related as you'd hope.
__________________
Quiet... They are sleeping
1981 380 SL, Green
2003 BA XR8 Manual, BluePrint. 348 rwkw. Retired from road duties... TRACK ONLY.
2014 GT-F, Manual, Kinetic with Black Stripes
2016 Everest Titanium, Sunset
2017 Tesla Model S, Blue
2019 Mustang Bullitt

Last edited by kypez; 09-10-2019 at 03:59 PM.
kypez is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2019, 03:48 PM   #1623
Fordman1
Summer is great
Donating Member3
 
Fordman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Victoria
Posts: 3,851
Default Re: That Tesla thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryeman View Post
All you are doing is admitting you havenít done your homework.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bossxr8 is correct 👍
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-10-2019, 03:53 PM   #1624
ryeman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Central Vic
Posts: 3,442
Default Re: That Tesla thread...




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
__________________
Wherenoshockjocksfly

Facts or the twitterverse, your choice!

C4 Picasso 1.6 turbo e-THP EAT6 and averaging 5.2/100 on E10/94/95
ryeman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2019, 04:20 PM   #1625
ryeman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Central Vic
Posts: 3,442
Default That Tesla thread...

Excerpts from the Autoline interview -
(I hope this comes out in the correct order)


Oops pages 2/1/3 it appeared...they are time stamps of the vid)




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
__________________
Wherenoshockjocksfly

Facts or the twitterverse, your choice!

C4 Picasso 1.6 turbo e-THP EAT6 and averaging 5.2/100 on E10/94/95
ryeman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2019, 04:29 PM   #1626
ryeman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Central Vic
Posts: 3,442
Default Re: That Tesla thread...

Sandy was wrong - China didnít build it in a year but only 9 months ......and to production too.
The video is relatively old so things are even more advanced.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
__________________
Wherenoshockjocksfly

Facts or the twitterverse, your choice!

C4 Picasso 1.6 turbo e-THP EAT6 and averaging 5.2/100 on E10/94/95
ryeman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2019, 06:15 PM   #1627
jmack
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
jmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: escaped the rat race
Posts: 642
Default Re: That Tesla thread...

https://www.smh.com.au/business/comp...09-p52yv2.html
jmack is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2019, 06:16 PM   #1628
ryeman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Central Vic
Posts: 3,442
Default Re: That Tesla thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmack View Post


Yeah, and as he says ďIím an idiotĒ.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
__________________
Wherenoshockjocksfly

Facts or the twitterverse, your choice!

C4 Picasso 1.6 turbo e-THP EAT6 and averaging 5.2/100 on E10/94/95
ryeman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2019, 08:19 PM   #1629
prydey
Rob
 
prydey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Woodcroft S.A.
Posts: 17,517
Default Re: That Tesla thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez View Post
Your assertion that the big manufacturer's know what they are doing is the issue here given they only survive thanks to handouts, subsidies and assistance. Even they can't get it right to support themselves.

As for cars built properly, my Tesla is running fine with 55,000kms on it. Minor issues here and there but for the most part, no issues.

My last 3 Fords (Yes, you read right, 3 in a row) have FAILED catastrophically, one at 19,000 kms, one at 7,000 kms and the latest one at 100 kms. So pray tell me how these so call big manufacturers know how to build cars properly?

Making a profit and having cars built right are not as closely related as you'd hope.
It's not about whether or not things break down. Anything mass produced will do that. It's about the process. It's about the labour required. Tesla is very labour intensive. All that is being said is that if tesla were built be a real car company the cars would be cheaper or profitable, or both.

With any luck these new factories will sort out some of these issues.
__________________
SZ TS DIESEL RWD
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-10-2019, 08:31 PM   #1630
ryeman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Central Vic
Posts: 3,442
Default Re: That Tesla thread...

A patented single press for the Model Y it seems -


https://insideevs.com/news/361430/te...machine-frame/


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
__________________
Wherenoshockjocksfly

Facts or the twitterverse, your choice!

C4 Picasso 1.6 turbo e-THP EAT6 and averaging 5.2/100 on E10/94/95
ryeman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2019, 09:12 PM   #1631
kypez
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
kypez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,248
Default Re: That Tesla thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
It's not about whether or not things break down. Anything mass produced will do that. It's about the process. It's about the labour required. Tesla is very labour intensive. All that is being said is that if tesla were built be a real car company the cars would be cheaper or profitable, or both.



With any luck these new factories will sort out some of these issues.
Yes, but doesn't mean they'll be built any better...

So it really depends on what you value... Profits, cheaper cars, or better build quality.

Aside from some early issues, the build quality is very good these days... And much better than many of the established companies... But they (the establishment) are "profitable"...

I honestly don't think cars can be truly profitable without tariffs, subsidies, handouts, etc. And with global demand dropping and shifting, it's going to be interesting who will be best poised to seize the opportunity...
__________________
Quiet... They are sleeping
1981 380 SL, Green
2003 BA XR8 Manual, BluePrint. 348 rwkw. Retired from road duties... TRACK ONLY.
2014 GT-F, Manual, Kinetic with Black Stripes
2016 Everest Titanium, Sunset
2017 Tesla Model S, Blue
2019 Mustang Bullitt
kypez is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2019, 09:12 PM   #1632
GasoLane
Moderator
Donating Member2
 
GasoLane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Sunny Downtown Wagga Wagga. NSW.
Posts: 34,838
Default Re: That Tesla thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryeman View Post
A patented single press for the Model Y it seems -


https://insideevs.com/news/361430/te...machine-frame/image
If you insist on posting pics like the ones above could you at least resize them please.
__________________
Dying at your job is natures way of saying that you're in the wrong line of work.
GasoLane is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-10-2019, 09:16 PM   #1633
ryeman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Central Vic
Posts: 3,442
Default Re: That Tesla thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
If you insist on posting pics like the ones above could you at least resize them please.


If I knew exactly what you want I would, Iím not a tech kid who knows how you make them bigger or smaller other than the sizes given as options.

Is this actually about inconvenient information?.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
__________________
Wherenoshockjocksfly

Facts or the twitterverse, your choice!

C4 Picasso 1.6 turbo e-THP EAT6 and averaging 5.2/100 on E10/94/95
ryeman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2019, 09:20 PM   #1634
GasoLane
Moderator
Donating Member2
 
GasoLane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Sunny Downtown Wagga Wagga. NSW.
Posts: 34,838
Default Re: That Tesla thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryeman View Post
If I knew exactly what you want I would, Iím not a tech kid who knows how you make them bigger or smaller other than the sizes given as options.

Is this actually about inconvenient information?.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
As your using your phone/tablet and tapatalk, there should be something to resize them somewhere there.
__________________
Dying at your job is natures way of saying that you're in the wrong line of work.
GasoLane is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2019, 09:21 PM   #1635
ryeman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Central Vic
Posts: 3,442
Default Re: That Tesla thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
As your using your phone/tablet and tapatalk, there should be something to resize them somewhere there.


Smaller is the other option.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
__________________
Wherenoshockjocksfly

Facts or the twitterverse, your choice!

C4 Picasso 1.6 turbo e-THP EAT6 and averaging 5.2/100 on E10/94/95
ryeman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2019, 09:22 PM   #1636
kypez
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
kypez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,248
Default Re: That Tesla thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
As your using your phone/tablet and tapatalk, there should be something to resize them somewhere there.
Was ok on Tapatalk... Might be an issue on desktop?
__________________
Quiet... They are sleeping
1981 380 SL, Green
2003 BA XR8 Manual, BluePrint. 348 rwkw. Retired from road duties... TRACK ONLY.
2014 GT-F, Manual, Kinetic with Black Stripes
2016 Everest Titanium, Sunset
2017 Tesla Model S, Blue
2019 Mustang Bullitt
kypez is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2019, 09:26 PM   #1637
GasoLane
Moderator
Donating Member2
 
GasoLane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Sunny Downtown Wagga Wagga. NSW.
Posts: 34,838
Default Re: That Tesla thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez View Post
Was ok on Tapatalk... Might be an issue on desktop?
I don't need to use my second screen to read them.....................yet
__________________
Dying at your job is natures way of saying that you're in the wrong line of work.
GasoLane is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-10-2019, 09:29 PM   #1638
ryeman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Central Vic
Posts: 3,442
Default Re: That Tesla thread...

At my end it comes back half sized.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
__________________
Wherenoshockjocksfly

Facts or the twitterverse, your choice!

C4 Picasso 1.6 turbo e-THP EAT6 and averaging 5.2/100 on E10/94/95
ryeman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2019, 09:55 PM   #1639
prydey
Rob
 
prydey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Woodcroft S.A.
Posts: 17,517
Default Re: That Tesla thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez View Post
Yes, but doesn't mean they'll be built any better.....
They should be built the same but more efficiently. It's not about comparisons.
__________________
SZ TS DIESEL RWD
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2019, 09:58 PM   #1640
kypez
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
kypez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,248
Default Re: That Tesla thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
They should be built the same but more efficiently. It's not about comparisons.
To many others here, it is...
__________________
Quiet... They are sleeping
1981 380 SL, Green
2003 BA XR8 Manual, BluePrint. 348 rwkw. Retired from road duties... TRACK ONLY.
2014 GT-F, Manual, Kinetic with Black Stripes
2016 Everest Titanium, Sunset
2017 Tesla Model S, Blue
2019 Mustang Bullitt
kypez is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2019, 10:06 PM   #1641
ryeman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Central Vic
Posts: 3,442
Default Re: That Tesla thread...

I should imagine efficiency wonít be a problem with the new Chinese production line.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
__________________
Wherenoshockjocksfly

Facts or the twitterverse, your choice!

C4 Picasso 1.6 turbo e-THP EAT6 and averaging 5.2/100 on E10/94/95
ryeman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2019, 12:49 AM   #1642
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,570
Default Re: That Tesla thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryeman View Post
I should imagine efficiency wonít be a problem with the new Chinese production line.
I thought the issue was design complexity? That isn't an issue unique to Tesla, IIRC VW had a similar issue with the Mk7 Golf and it simply took too long to build.
b0son is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2019, 07:31 AM   #1643
ryeman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Central Vic
Posts: 3,442
Default Re: That Tesla thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
I thought the issue was design complexity? That isn't an issue unique to Tesla, IIRC VW had a similar issue with the Mk7 Golf and it simply took too long to build.


I never read about that.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
__________________
Wherenoshockjocksfly

Facts or the twitterverse, your choice!

C4 Picasso 1.6 turbo e-THP EAT6 and averaging 5.2/100 on E10/94/95
ryeman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2019, 08:41 AM   #1644
eb2fairmont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 760
Default Re: That Tesla thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
I thought the issue was design complexity? That isn't an issue unique to Tesla, IIRC VW had a similar issue with the Mk7 Golf and it simply took too long to build.
Itís was the MKV - 43 hours when industry average was 23.

Itís was the reason the mk6 was released quickly - to simplify build process. If you look at an early mkv and a late mkv you can see where the ripped out heaps of money in the build process
eb2fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2019, 09:04 AM   #1645
ryeman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Central Vic
Posts: 3,442
Default Re: That Tesla thread...

Ford and VW are planning on sharing the ID.3/4 platform for EVs. Itíll be necessary for Fordís survival in Europe.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
__________________
Wherenoshockjocksfly

Facts or the twitterverse, your choice!

C4 Picasso 1.6 turbo e-THP EAT6 and averaging 5.2/100 on E10/94/95
ryeman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2019, 09:06 AM   #1646
ryeman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Central Vic
Posts: 3,442
Default Re: That Tesla thread...

Tesla pickup truck unveiling next month -


https://electrek.co/2019/10/09/tesla...ck-next-month/


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
__________________
Wherenoshockjocksfly

Facts or the twitterverse, your choice!

C4 Picasso 1.6 turbo e-THP EAT6 and averaging 5.2/100 on E10/94/95
ryeman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2019, 09:40 AM   #1647
Bossxr8
Peter Car
 
Bossxr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: geelong
Posts: 18,384
Default Re: That Tesla thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryeman View Post
All you are doing is admitting you havenít done your homework.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hahaha. You mean like you have? Posting assumptions of your opinion with absolutely zero evidence to back it up. Not one single shred to support your argument they are profitable.

Keep googling fan boi

Just google Teslas financial reports. They are enough proof that Tesla has lost big money every quarter from the start, bar one. I suppose you'll deny those FACTS too?
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 10-10-2019, 09:55 AM   #1648
Bevsta007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
Bevsta007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Victoria
Posts: 5,752
Default Re: That Tesla thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryeman View Post
Ah but this thread was started by someone else who knew stuff .......but I guess you agreed with him/her.
Knowing itís not trending the way you want it, is just life in general.
The liar also does other useless stuff in his spare time .


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
huh? I think you need more sleep
__________________
______________________________
Mine 2015 Territory Titanium RWD Diesel
Hers 2004 Prado Grande 3.0D
Ours Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Bevsta007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 10-10-2019, 10:04 AM   #1649
Bossxr8
Peter Car
 
Bossxr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: geelong
Posts: 18,384
Default Re: That Tesla thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevsta007 View Post
huh? I think you need more sleep
Probably been up all night googling Tesla
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-10-2019, 10:12 AM   #1650
ryeman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Central Vic
Posts: 3,442
Default Re: That Tesla thread...

Iím pretty sure the fanboys are getting a Ďlikeí from Fordman1.
Itís over fanboys.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
__________________
Wherenoshockjocksfly

Facts or the twitterverse, your choice!

C4 Picasso 1.6 turbo e-THP EAT6 and averaging 5.2/100 on E10/94/95
ryeman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +11. The time now is 11:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Other than what is legally copyrighted by the respective owners, this site is copyright www.fordforums.com.au
Positive SSL